Singapore Expats Forum

What pass should I apply for

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
kbelyeu

What pass should I apply for

Postby kbelyeu » Sat, 16 Oct 2010 2:25 pm

Looking for ideas:

I've been living in Singapore as a tourist (not working... only golfing) for nearly 4 years now because it is convenient to the surrounding countries that I actually do work in (Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia, etc.) I am a commissioning engineer by trade working for a US company which involves me traveling frequently to other countries to start up new drilling equipment.

We have recently moved a manager into Singapore and will be opening an office locally so I don't want to get into trouble with the local government. I have little secondary education but I have worked in the same position for about 12 years. My take home income is around 10k SGD per month and all my expenses (housing, car, utilities and groceries) are covered by the company (which would put me at about 18k a month).

Any suggestions as to which type of pass I should apply for? Entrepreneurial, employment, LPR, or some other?

P.S. I carry a US passport and have no criminal history.

Cheers,

Kurt

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 16 Oct 2010 2:44 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Sun, 17 Oct 2010 11:03 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Go to www.mom.gov.sg

For more than $7K apply PI pass. Does not need degree qualification ?
Forget about LPR now as it is a waste of time and money.
For that kind of income, MOM will throw a red carpet for you.
You'll be fine

Employment pass as MS said and later convert to personalised employment pass (PEP) ?