Singapore Expats

Can anyone recommend a salon for good ceramic perm?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
Angel

Can anyone recommend a salon for good ceramic perm?

Post by Angel » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 1:50 pm

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know where I can have a good ceramic perm with an affordable price?

Previously I went to J's salon located at Good wood park Hotel. It costs me $330 and the result is not really what I expected. Then my friend told me that she has a friend with a fantastic ceramic perm went to a salon called Action hair salon in paragon. And it costs her only $200 plus, though it was one year ago. So I called up the salon and asking for the price. It is $400!!!!! And treatment is not included!

So does anyone know about any salon that provides good ceramic perm and yet with an affordtable price?

Thanks.

kiki_girl

Post by kiki_girl » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 3:46 pm

Kimage Salons have hairstylists mostly trained from Japan, or at least that is what I heard from one of them. Ceramic perm? Hmm --- don't think they offer at all.

Meow

Hair perm?

Post by Meow » Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:14 pm

What perm is nice & natural for long hair. Have tried Jean Yip digital perm.

Ashely

ceramic perm i love

Post by Ashely » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 2:34 am

I try many places for the ceramic perm, but most please with the salon name Dengsalon address: 1 Coleman Street The Adelphi 03-07 next to the new high court the price $$$ but worth every cents

Ashely

ceramic perm i love

Post by Ashely » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 2:37 am

I try many places for the ceramic perm, but most please with the salon name Dengsalon address: 1 Coleman Street The Adelphi 03-07 next to the new high court the price $$$ but worth every cents tel:63393486

Love it very much and thank you

Chloeceline

Post by Chloeceline » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 1:47 pm

Sunny Kor from ISIS Salon is really good.

He has been my hairdresser for about 14 years now.

He is very popular among fashion editors and you can see his works on her world and her world brides. Although he is famous, but he is very humble.

Most of my friends go to him and have sticked with him. He charges SGD55.00 for haircut and for rebonding and ceramic, I think its starts from SGD260.00. The salon is in Raffles Hotel.

My sister's friend from the US visited him recently and she really liked his work. She remarked that in US for his standards, rates are about US200.00 to 300.00 just for high cut.

I am doing my ceramic perm tomorrow and I am really excited about it.

You can call his salon for enquiries 6732 0301.

Good luck !

fussy jane

ceramic perm

Post by fussy jane » Sun, 07 Aug 2005 11:43 pm

Hi! everyone need to let you know my name have said quite alote of myself, so to let others know that i am working in one of the editorial firm for magazine and models and i always have so call "branded" stylist offer to do anythings free for my hair and just to let you know not every body can do a complete full jobs eg: either he/she don't perm ,color or blow dry or styles the hair in one compelete process, because i am one person who only allow one person to do my hair from the start to the end, trust me paid the amount they want if you decided to find out how good they really are , you may be very dissopinted. Magzine are free jobs my dear we don't paid them,they do it because we create awareness for them.So move out of the box and try other salons ,be demanding in your quest for beauty .I belive along the way you will really find a hairdressers you really can communicate ,listen and really professional in their jobs not other 'smooth operators in town' hairstylist

good luck
love :roll: jane now in NY

Kimbely

ceramic perm in chain salons

Post by Kimbely » Mon, 08 Aug 2005 2:02 am

Hi! sister i have to share my fare share of experience with chain salons in town and outskirts , all the stylists are young like my age and i am still waiting results to enter SMU and they tell me their "experience in hairdressing", "london trained","japan trianed", " magazine works" "working for so and so branded person or salons" all the "Hard selling in bad taste" . Move on babe and hunk, we go for the real things that's the end results , deliver what you preach all we ask for , no SMOKE please.

Leave your old self behind
Kimbely

woolala

This forum is nothing.

Post by woolala » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 1:27 am

I dont agree that all this salons that you all said is the leading salon in singapore. You all have bad taste. Find it out from the magazines the famous hairstylist in singapore who went to do hair in other countries. I didnt hear that our local stars went to oscars but i heard that hairstylists or make up artists went to oscars to do hair or make up. I didnt see any of their names in here. Please. Find it out.

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Fri, 14 Mar 2008 3:34 am

my hair is very fine and limp, perms dont seem to last long on it and yet it is easily damaged. dono what type of perm to do

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 8:16 am

princessli wrote:my hair is very fine and limp, perms dont seem to last long on it and yet it is easily damaged. dono what type of perm to do

Hey babe, u face the same problem like me....
We are in th same boat :wink:
Now having troubles with hairstyle that really suits the best!!
To bring out the features...
aka a more stylish and sophisticated outlook 8-)
Too much perming cause too much damaged,the same applies for rebonding....Giving up :cry:
Now my hair is short and straight(look more llike a schoolgirl)
Borringggg........

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Post by princessli » Mon, 17 Mar 2008 2:34 pm

Ya and i don want to go for too fanciful cuts as that means i have to go to the salon more often.. so troublesome

bluexob
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bluexob » Tue, 18 Mar 2008 2:54 am

And more $$$ to be spend for 'maintenance' like lotion,hair brush,shampoo,conditioner etc....