Singapore Expats Forum

27/f/engineer from aus - want to meet people

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
castadrift

27/f/engineer from aus - want to meet people

Postby castadrift » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 6:53 pm

i just moved over here yesterday for work from australia, keen to get out and about after work and weekends. i'm interested in playing sports, exploring local food, dancing, doing some touristy things etc. Not really looking for binge drinking partners as have plenty of people at work to do that with :) but don't mind going out for a few. im in the river valley area.

PS - platonic only! :P

nakatago

Re: 27/f/engineer from aus - want to meet people

Postby nakatago » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 7:10 pm

castadrift wrote:PS - platonic only! :P

this. you ARE an engineer. +1

welcome to singapore.

sg_lover
Regular
Regular

Postby sg_lover » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 8:30 pm

welcome to singapore..

me too engineer...

John

enginette
Regular
Regular

Postby enginette » Fri, 15 Oct 2010 9:09 am

I have an engineering degree, I don't know whether that makes me an engineer or not, but this is not a job interview so I guess it shouldn't really matter :) Anyway I'm from NZ - if you'd like to meet up sometime PM me with your email address :)
DD

zapped01

Postby zapped01 » Sun, 17 Oct 2010 10:20 pm

castadrift wrote:i just moved over here yesterday for work from australia, keen to get out and about after work and weekends. i'm interested in playing sports, exploring local food, dancing, doing some touristy things etc. Not really looking for binge drinking partners as have plenty of people at work to do that with :) but don't mind going out for a few. im in the river valley area.

Engineer is a broad term :) which stream?

Anyways, I am an engineer too.. well, atleast the degree says so... where do you work?

andnoname

Postby andnoname » Thu, 21 Oct 2010 5:38 pm

castadrift wrote:i just moved over here yesterday for work from australia, keen to get out and about after work and weekends. i'm interested in playing sports, exploring local food, dancing, doing some touristy things etc. Not really looking for binge drinking partners as have plenty of people at work to do that with :) but don't mind going out for a few. im in the river valley area.

Hi there, I live at the same area as you. I usually like to go down to spicez restaurant, if you haven't tried it, for supper and last minute decision movie at great world city. do email me if you are keen to meet up. andnoname@yahoo.com

castadrift

Postby castadrift » Sun, 24 Oct 2010 4:19 pm

Not sure where you all got the idea that I am looking specifically for engineering friends? I'm quite open to hanging out with accountants, marine biologists, cleaners, zookeepers etc (though I have to stop at real estate agents) as long as we get along! I only said I'm an engineer to give you some vague insight into my chosen profession that might help you stereotype my personality. But in any case I am happy to meet engineers and non-engineers, females and males alike, preferably in a group setting (to reduce potential awkwardness - you know, that thing that plagues us antisocial nerds).

If I hear of any random group outings I'll post something, or if anyone feels like inviting me to tag along to something interesting that would be most welcome... thanks for everyone's replies! :)

Oh yeah - to answer some of the questions above, I am an electrical engineer and I work in Jurong...

vilo

Postby vilo » Tue, 02 Nov 2010 11:20 pm

Hi, I'm 27/F Indonesian and not an engineer :) working in finance. Been in singapore quite awhile and would like to expand my social circle. So if you plan to have gathering please let me know. Can contact me at v_selece@yahoo.com

Cheers

ozdamo

Postby ozdamo » Fri, 05 Nov 2010 4:11 pm

hi there, Im new to singapore also. been here 3 weeks. If your up for a bite to eat and a beer Im around over the weekend. Im 32 Male Aussie in great relationship and just waiting till my partner arrives in 5 weeks. If your up for a catch up here is my number 8518 8920. Cheers damo

ozdamo

Postby ozdamo » Fri, 05 Nov 2010 4:12 pm

hi there, Im new to singapore also. been here 3 weeks. If your up for a bite to eat and a beer Im around over the weekend. Im 32 Male Aussie in great relationship and just waiting till my partner arrives in 5 weeks. If your up for a catch up here is my number 8518 8920. Cheers damo

Backpacker

Welcome to Singapore

Postby Backpacker » Mon, 06 Dec 2010 1:15 pm

Welcome to Singapore. It is almost 2 months since your arrival. Hope you are having a great time here and is enjoying the local food.

gizmofreak

Seems like a Engineers Thread!!

Postby gizmofreak » Sat, 11 Dec 2010 3:06 pm

:)
Last edited by gizmofreak on Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

limbh73

Postby limbh73 » Sat, 08 Jan 2011 3:53 pm

count me in too :-)

beyonce

Postby beyonce » Sat, 08 Jan 2011 8:42 pm

Count me in for the next outing as well! I'm an architect/25/Female

castadrift

Postby castadrift » Sun, 09 Jan 2011 1:32 pm

hi guys, its been almost 3 months since i posted my first arrival in singapore. to be honest i haven't met up with anyone who's replied to the thread (sorry everyone), maybe its time! anyone up for dinner/drinks tomorrow (monday) night at robertson quay?
Last edited by castadrift on Sun, 09 Jan 2011 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.