Singapore Expats

great part-time maid

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
mbarbeito

great part-time maid

Post by mbarbeito » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 5:56 pm

my husband and i have a wonderful lady who irons and cleans our place once a week. we will be traveling for the next few months and I am trying to help her find someone to replace us.

She doesnt have a key to our place but often she in the apt by herself while I run errands. She is always looking to do more/help with more than it is expected. She is realiable and really, really would like to help her.

Please let me know if you are interested and I can give you her #

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 6:12 pm

Can she legally work as a part time maid?

mbarbeito

part time maid

Post by mbarbeito » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 6:21 pm

yes, I found her thru an agency

twilight_blueskies

Post by twilight_blueskies » Thu, 07 Oct 2010 10:26 am

HI,

Could you share your contact so I may be able to get in touch with you?

I am looking for a help who can come once a week (preferrably weekend, time can bbe adjusted). I live in Bayshore Park in Bedok.

Thanks

Julielane

Part Time Maid

Post by Julielane » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 7:22 am

Hi There,

I would be very interested in your part time maid. I live in the East Coast area right near the Bedok Army Camp. If you can give me her number that would be great.

Thanks

Julie
Jul

princessminnie

part time maid

Post by princessminnie » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:53 am

I engaged an agent RINA (90547595) who provides me part-time cleaners three weeks ago, I found her online as she claimed that she doesn't charge any agent fees. she promised me all her girls are very responsible, but two of them who promised me would come to work for me, just simply not showing on that appointment day, never replied sms nor answered my calls. and the third one came on week 3, A myanmar Lady called Sandar, for 4 hours she only cleaned 2 rooms floor and furniture. left all bathrooms, balcony, kitchen and living room floor and furniture unattended. My home is only 1200 sqf. and I dont even have lots of furnitures to clean with. I didn't know what she was doing in my Master bedroom for the first 2 hours. I heard no Vacuum sound, when I opened the door, the floor was not even mopped.

The next two hours, I was there teaching her how to clean my furniture without leaving water streaks and also cleaning after her. After she left, I have to find all the cleaning kits in all rooms where she left, And I changed bed-sheet by myself. She even scratched my High Gloss Painted speakers with my vacuum cleaner! End up, I was the one doing Polishing for another hour.

It is more exhausting then I just do it by myself and no need to waste that 40 Dollars.

Even though, I still engaged her service for next week which she agreed happily on the spot. But evening she complained to her agent Rina that she would not like to work anymore. Is it because I asked her for a copy of her Dependent Pass? Who knows.

Anyway, I stay at East Coast area, near Parkway Parade.

Anyone who interested in working twice a week at 2 hours per session or once a week, 3 hours session are welcome.

But must work with care and have knowledge on Veneer and High Gloss Painted Furniture.

Please PM me if anyone has good recommendations.

Julielane

Post by Julielane » Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:00 pm

Hi Princess Minnie,

Wow that is so funny. I have been getting Rina's part time cleaners as well. I am on my 4th one from here. They pretty much last about 2 weeks then say they can't do it anymore. Sandar was my last one and found her cleaning to not be very good at all. She told me she was pregnant now so cannot clean. I have a new one form Rina now and she doesn't even clean my dining table or take the coffee cup to the kitchen. They are pretty bad. I am so sick of training new ones. That is why I am considering getting a full time live in maid....
Jul

fatmouse76
Regular
Regular

Post by fatmouse76 » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:55 am

Hi everyone, why not just look over at the Classified section that makes life easier for all of us.
There are some established and reputable companies.

mbarbeito

part-time maid

Post by mbarbeito » Wed, 13 Oct 2010 5:15 pm

princessminnie...I am not sure if you were asking for my lady's information or just venting about your bad experience. I find it it works really well if you tell them what to do the first day and keep an eye on them especially if you are home.

I would never let anyone in my bedroom with the doors closed for two hours...sometimes you have to participate to make sure things get done

good luck

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:46 am

Cleaning is cleaning, how hard can it be? If these people are 'cleaners' by trade then surely they should know by now how to work a duster, vacuum and a mop.

I've never had a cleaner and do all my own (don't have a maid either) but I'm pretty sure I could start work tomorrow in someone else's condo and do a pretty good job.

I can understand that maybe you should show them how you like things done personally but really the basics are the same, surely?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:21 pm

This is because you think while cleaning and you use common sense while handling different object and above it all you do it all to get a certain effect - a clean house. And yes, these are the professional cleaners who lack all these basic merits.

spiffytan

Could you give me her contact pls?

Post by spiffytan » Sat, 16 Oct 2010 9:45 pm

Hi, I can't send you a private message as I'm a newbie here. Could you give me your part-timer's number pls? Tks!

princessminnie

Post by princessminnie » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:33 am

Hi Julielane,

Interesting, When Sandar working with me on the 8th Oct, she was not even pregnant...But I did ask her to give me a copy of her pass on the second visit .

That Myanmar girl without asking my permission, just went straight into my Master Bath to change her clothes when I have my common bathrooms door open widely in front of her eyes.

She said that she needs 4 hours to do a house, I have informed Rina clearly that I don't need someone to do any laundry, so 3 hours will be sufficient. But since I have spent 20 mins to coach and demonstrate her on how to clean my bedroom furniture with different technics, different cleaning kits before she started, I gave her 4 hours to do the job that day. I told her, as long as she cleans the floor, furniture, glass doors and mirrors in the house, I will do the rest myself. And once finish with bedroom furniture, please come to other rooms waiting for my demonstration on clean the High Gloss furniture.

I told her I can give her time, as long as she cleans thoroughly, ends up, 2 hours on master bedroom headboard and side tables and TV consoles ONLY! Made a huge mess on my bedroom mirror, I have to redo, I have to clean the Mater Bathroom myself while she was mopping the bedroom floor.

I gave sandar marble cleaner and wood cleaner, ends up, she used wood cleaner on marble and corian and my Waxed Furniture!

That Evening Rina called and scolding me that I made Sandar clean floor by hand, Sandar and her husband went to hospital to treat the hand, sandar's husband scolded Rina because of me...

So much bullshit!

I was cleaning after her, she mopped cabinets with water streaks everywhere, i just following her to do touch ups...I was the one cleaned floor with hand and she was the one used MOP!

I told Rina many times to give me someone who works with care and heart, she just repeating herself that all her ladies are from decent families. Don't know what she is talking about!

Anyway, I really appreciated if any of you guys here who have a good cleaning lady that had experience and good knowledge in cleaning. Not making all shining materials look like Graffiti...

I told Sandar to clean my home like her own, so we could build up a long term relationship.

If not because I have High Blood Pressure, I will continue to clean the house by myself, but recently after cleaning, I would get huge headaches...Like that day after I cleaned after Sandar, I was sick for 2 days...

So Mbarbeito: If your maid can really do a very clean job, and working with care, please give me her contact number...

Thanks

princessminnie

Post by princessminnie » Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:46 am

Dear Snow Queen,

I can make my home looks spotless even though I never went under cleaning training, but after the maid did the job, you can see the Graffiti all over the mirrors, furnitures and chome...

She just go all directions on the surface, not following the wood grain or don't know how to do polish! I put Leather cleaner on the table, but she just simply using wet cloth to go over my leather couch after she cleaned my bay window!

All the decorations she moved after she cleaned the shelves, she just left them all over the place, I have to put them away for her. So does my Vacuum cleaner tools...

Good luck to all of us!

presena

Post by presena » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:15 am

Hi,
Please give me the part time maid's contact number. Thanks!!