Singapore Expats Forum

Actual format to post for outings?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
benjftsai81

Actual format to post for outings?

Postby benjftsai81 » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 10:26 am

Whats the actual format to post for outings? I see in the forums lots of members posting emails and mobile no.s. Would that not allow people with commercial venture mine for data to solicit for clients?

If the topic and post aim and purpose is outings, what commercial benefit does it have to the organiser if the detail states that the outing is Free and at no cost to the participant except his/her own consumption. Furthermore the group of participants to the outing which form the social group will not be bringing them to the same restaurant again and again like a tour group. Otherwise i see no means to gain profit out of the outing as a commercial venture. If so, would anyone care to share?

Perhaps someone could share the actual format on how to look for friendly people to join in social groups e.g. Culture X in this forum where ' We' is used in group(s) to look for members.

Please advise.

nakatago

Re: Actual format to post for outings?

Postby nakatago » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 11:44 am

benjftsai81 wrote:Whats the actual format to post for outings? I see in the forums lots of members posting emails and mobile no.s. Would that not allow people with commercial venture mine for data to solicit for clients?

No actual format. Just post details of event and ways to contact organizers but no phone numbers or email addresses.

Yes, some spammers are known to harvest email addresses from the web, forums included. No phone numbers too, for your own privacy and protection. You wouldn't want a telemarketer calling you at inappropriate times.

If the topic and post aim and purpose is outings, what commercial benefit does it have to the organiser if the detail states that the outing is Free and at no cost to the participant except his/her own consumption. Furthermore the group of participants to the outing which form the social group will not be bringing them to the same restaurant again and again like a tour group. Otherwise i see no means to gain profit out of the outing as a commercial venture. If so, would anyone care to share?

*free advertising*

But really, those with commercial interests can be spotted easily, most of the time.

If it's not obvious, we usually put a disclaimer that we're not affiliated with the commercial entity apart from being a customer.

Perhaps someone could share the actual format on how to look for friendly people to join in social groups e.g. Culture X in this forum where ' We' is used in group(s) to look for members.

About looking for other people, just write a friendly invitation for your proposed event. Make it enticing so that it will be relevant to those interested. We also usually follow a list of people if most of the participants are also users of the forum.