Singapore Expats

Approved EP but....

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply
eddiensw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Singapore

Approved EP but....

Post by eddiensw » Thu, 30 Sep 2010 6:42 pm

I was just informed by my prospective employer that my EP application is approved.

I left Singapore on 21 Sept after staying for an accumulated 60 days out of 90 days. Did not overstay.

I should be getting the Approval In Principle by mail in the coming week.

my question is would I be able to go into Singapore next week when i get my Approval In Principle? or do i have to wait till 21 oct (staying in Malaysia for 30 days) before I go into Singapore again to get my pass/medical check up and etc?

Any feedback or input is highly appreciated.

Thanks

User avatar
Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 4:40 am
Location: Hong Kong (bye bye SG!)

Post by Asdracles » Thu, 30 Sep 2010 7:07 pm

???

I don't fully understand your question. If you have everything approved, what's the problem??

You got a 90 days visit pass, you came here as a tourist and you left. Now you have an AIP letter, so you come for work, show your AIP when you arrive and get the EP a couple of days later.

What's the sense of staying in Malaysia for 30 days? Am I missing something?

eddiensw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by eddiensw » Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:45 pm

Thanks Asdracles.

I understand that there is such a rule that Malaysian can stay in Singapore for maximum 60 days out of every 90 days(60/90 days rule)

I did stay for 30 days then left and back again and stayed another 30 days. hence I have stayed 60 days in total and would need to stay for 30 days in Malaysia before re-entering SG.

I am trying to verify if this rule really exist. Hope someone can shed some lights

Thanks!

User avatar
Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 4:40 am
Location: Hong Kong (bye bye SG!)

Post by Asdracles » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 2:00 am

Well, don't know about that rule, but if you have the AIP letter, it's a different story, even if that rule exists.

But as most of the times, a call to ICA or to MOM will give you a exact answer, and not our guesses....

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3544
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 6:31 am
Answers: 4
Location: TIMBUKTU

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 7:27 am

eddiensw wrote:Thanks Asdracles.

I understand that there is such a rule that Malaysian can stay in Singapore for maximum 60 days out of every 90 days(60/90 days rule)

I did stay for 30 days then left and back again and stayed another 30 days. hence I have stayed 60 days in total and would need to stay for 30 days in Malaysia before re-entering SG.

I am trying to verify if this rule really exist. Hope someone can shed some lights

Thanks!
This is NOT true. Where in the world did you get this info from.? Care to show me the link as I am curious too. A normal "practise" of ICA officer for Malaysian visiting SG will get a 30 days. If your frequency is too often, you social visit pass will be reduce from 7 to 14 days.
You will NOT get 60 days. Everytime you leave SG , your extension period is set to zero.
The only way to get 60 days extension for Malaysian is by calling in person at ICA Kallang or doing it online.You may need a local sponsor.
Care to share your info ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10073
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 8:37 am

I think what he mean was that within a period of 90 days (say past 3 months) he stayed in Singapore for less then 60 days. Number of days granted on his visa was probably 30 days or less so he left the country within this period at least once.
Anyway, searching ICA site with Google there is not a single phrase "60 days" related to the social visit passes.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 9:49 pm
Location: Bangkok

Post by carlsum1986 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 9:40 am

I think you better call ica to clarify on how u can reenter...
cause I was once told by the immigration at the checkpoints that a mallaysian has a 60days allocation for a 90 day period which equals around 2 entry stamps of 30days.

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10073
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 11:11 am

Interesting:
http://www.mha.gov.sg/news_details.aspx ... rP7PLTI%3D

At least the source is known but is it still applicable?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40452
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 11:14 am

So what the poster is trying to say is that Malaysians are allowed an "aggregate" of 60 days out of any 90 day period. Not necessarily in consecutive days.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

eddiensw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by eddiensw » Fri, 01 Oct 2010 1:06 pm

thanks everyone

I called ICA earlier today and was told that the 60/90 days rule is in existence even though it is not found anywhere in ICA website. According to the call agent, this rule only applies to Malaysian.

yes basically I have stayed a total accumulated of 60 days out of any 90 days(fin my case, from 15 June to 15 Sept). Hence I would need to wait for 30 days before re-entering Singapore even though I have the AIP with me.

thanks everyone.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5989
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 8:52 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by ksl » Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:12 am

eddiensw wrote:thanks everyone

I called ICA earlier today and was told that the 60/90 days rule is in existence even though it is not found anywhere in ICA website. According to the call agent, this rule only applies to Malaysian.

yes basically I have stayed a total accumulated of 60 days out of any 90 days(fin my case, from 15 June to 15 Sept). Hence I would need to wait for 30 days before re-entering Singapore even though I have the AIP with me.

thanks everyone.
So just ensure you notify the right authorities that you will be picking it up after 30 days, in case there is a time limit set for you on the AIP being (Malaysian) it may be different.

eddiensw
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 8:54 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by eddiensw » Sat, 02 Oct 2010 10:47 pm

ksl wrote:
eddiensw wrote:thanks everyone

I called ICA earlier today and was told that the 60/90 days rule is in existence even though it is not found anywhere in ICA website. According to the call agent, this rule only applies to Malaysian.

yes basically I have stayed a total accumulated of 60 days out of any 90 days(fin my case, from 15 June to 15 Sept). Hence I would need to wait for 30 days before re-entering Singapore even though I have the AIP with me.

thanks everyone.
So just ensure you notify the right authorities that you will be picking it up after 30 days, in case there is a time limit set for you on the AIP being (Malaysian) it may be different.
thanks KSL,

i have notified MOM on the date I would be picking up the EP.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MisterThan and 8 guests