Singapore Expats

2nd PR renewal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
LongTimeHere

2nd PR renewal

Post by LongTimeHere » Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:20 am

Really two questions here.

1) Been in Singapore for 14 years now with no break in CPF contributions since 1997. My PR is due for renewal next year what are my chances?

2) We have not become citizens since we were hoping to adopt from India and becoming a Singaporean puts us right at the back of the queue. Now we are finally being blessed with our own child so we are thinking of applying citizenship. Can I just keep the child on long term visa and jump straight to citizenship? Do I have to make the child a PR first? as then he is committed to NS without us getting any benefits like childcare, maid levy subsidy etc. Concerned because some of my friends in a similar situation have applied for citizenship (green in ICA evaluator) but still waiting for over a year. What do you folks advise?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:27 am

So you are just looking at your child as a money spinner? May as well apply for citizenship, you already think like one. :?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Thu, 30 Sep 2010 6:16 pm

Under the current circumstances, applying for citizenship while leaving your child on LTVSP would be totally futile. In fact even your PR renewal now will be doubtful.

I would say apply for your PR renewal. You might get a letter asking what plans do you have regarding your child's PR. If you then apply PR for your child, you have some hopes of staying back here. Otherwise start planning your return trip to India.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 05 Oct 2010 4:20 am

Where is your child born ? here in SG or India ?

What about your spouse status ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!