Page 1 of 1

need help !!

Posted: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 1:32 pm
by wayn3boone
dear all,
I would like to ask, I currently accept a job offer, and the company is on the way applying job permit for me.. but then, I suddenly recieve a better offer, but that job not yet confirm.. what will actually happen f I reject the offer last minute?

I didn't sign any document and contract yet, I just sign an application form, and fax in my NRIC and Certificate to them.. that it!!

for the ppl who underatand the law, pls help me!!
will I get sue by the company or black listed by Singapore?

Re: need help !!

Posted: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 1:45 pm
by singaporeflyer
wayn3boone wrote:dear all,
I would like to ask, I currently accept a job offer, and the company is on the way applying job permit for me.. but then, I suddenly recieve a better offer, but that job not yet confirm.. what will actually happen f I reject the offer last minute?

I didn't sign any document and contract yet, I just sign an application form, and fax in my NRIC and Certificate to them.. that it!!

for the ppl who underatand the law, pls help me!!
will I get sue by the company or black listed by Singapore?


Only when you are a Singaporean or a PR you can get a NRIC. Otherwise it is a Employment Pass or SPass or Work Permit that is tied up with a Foreigner Identification Number (FIN)

If the first employer has applied WP/EP/S Pass for you and the application is in process/approved, then even if the second employer applies for the WP/EP/S Pass for you, the application by the second employer will be mostly rejected. Only when he cancels the application/approval the Second employer will be eligible for the application of WP/EP/S Pass for you.

if the application by the first employer is rejected and if you do not have any contract with the first employer, then the second employer can apply for a WP/EP/S Pass for you

Also note that the WP/EP/S Pass that your second employer applies for you may or may not be approved.

The first employer applied WP/EP/S pass for you since you wanted the job.

Be honest and stay with the first employer is my personal opinion to you.

Posted: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 1:55 pm
by wayn3boone
thank you, you explanation is nice n clear..

actually, the second job offer's company is not from Singapore, is from other country..

by right I should have to tell my first company by now, just that the second job offer does not confirm yet.. so, I would have to wait till the second job offer confirm then only I can reject the first one( for my own safety )

so that mean I juz hard to get other's working permit if I reject the first offer, and I will not get any court case or black listed by Singapore is it?

Posted: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 2:21 pm
by singaporeflyer
wayn3boone wrote:thank you, you explanation is nice n clear..

actually, the second job offer's company is not from Singapore, is from other country..

by right I should have to tell my first company by now, just that the second job offer does not confirm yet.. so, I would have to wait till the second job offer confirm then only I can reject the first one( for my own safety )

so that mean I juz hard to get other's working permit if I reject the first offer, and I will not get any court case or black listed by Singapore is it?


Is there any penalty clause in the first employer's contract that asks you to pay for the notice period or failure to join?

The employer has right to inform MOM for you not joining as per the contract. But whether it is a black mark or not only MOM knows. SMS or MS may know better on this.

But if your EP/S Pass/WP application by the first employer gets rejected (just in case) you have no issues to join the second employer abroad unless your first employer wants to file an appeal for your application.

In anycase wait for the confirmation from the second employer and then decide. Don't decide anything by informing the first employer immediately.

Posted: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 4:59 pm
by wayn3boone
they didn't mention abt the contract.. all I have done is I went to their company for interview, then I juz fill up an application form, after that, I went back to my country. after few days, I call them to accept the offer. then I email them my IC, passport, and certificate for apply permit..

all this just happen few days ago, after that, I recieve a call from other company which from Australia who ask me to skype interview with them
.. what I scare is the second offer is better than the 1st, then I can't get the chance to take the 2nd offer!!

Posted: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 5:47 pm
by sundaymorningstaple
Potential Future Singaporean Alert!

The guy's got all the makings of a future citizen here. Already got the kiasu/kiasi thing down pat! :-|

Posted: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 5:54 pm
by Mad Scientist
wayn3boone wrote:they didn't mention abt the contract.. all I have done is I went to their company for interview, then I juz fill up an application form, after that, I went back to my country. after few days, I call them to accept the offer. then I email them my IC, passport, and certificate for apply permit..

all this just happen few days ago, after that, I recieve a call from other company which from Australia who ask me to skype interview with them
.. what I scare is the second offer is better than the 1st, then I can't get the chance to take the 2nd offer!!


As SMS said Kiasu AND TAM SIM !!