Singapore Expats Forum

Question letter from ICA on PR application for children

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
silvergreen

Question letter from ICA on PR application for children

Postby silvergreen » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:31 pm

Hi all,

I applied for PR with my wife a month ago and received a letter from the ICA asking for:

"A written reply on whether your children are applying for permanent resident together. If no, please state the reason."

We have a boy and a girl and we're not applying PR for them. We plan to apply for a student visa if we get our PR.

Questions:

- Anyone have been in the same situation and received this letter from ICA. If so, how did you respond and what was the outcome?

- What do you think is the background of them asking this question?

- What would be a "correct" response to them on not applying for their PR?
I am thinking in the line of "They may not be living in Singapore on a permanent basis in the future as the may pursue higher education or vocation outside of Singapore when they are older." I think it's better I don't make mentioning of leaving it to my son's decision re: military service.

Any advice would be welcome.

Many thanks and best regards,

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:24 am

I'd say it's pretty obvious, wouldn't you? You are obviously a PR abuser. You will not get PR. How do I know this? Because you have not applied for PR for your children - specifically the boy as you know he will be required to do NS. Therefore, you was the best of PR without having the obligations of PR. If we are lucky, you will be denied PR as we just don't need any more abusers making it rough on the rest of use long-stayers.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Question letter from ICA on PR application for children

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 8:54 am

silvergreen wrote:Hi all,

I applied for PR with my wife a month ago and received a letter from the ICA asking for:

"A written reply on whether your children are applying for permanent resident together. If no, please state the reason."

We have a boy and a girl and we're not applying PR for them. We plan to apply for a student visa if we get our PR.

Questions:

- Anyone have been in the same situation and received this letter from ICA. If so, how did you respond and what was the outcome?

Think about it for one second on why they asked you this ? They already knew this ploy.!!!! Do you think that ICA is that DUMB !!

You are A PR ABUSER !! They are coming hard on this group which includes YOU. Be prepared when your turn comes to renew your EP

I am thinking in the line of "They may not be living in Singapore on a permanent basis in the future as the may pursue higher education or vocation outside of Singapore when they are older." I think it's better I don't make mentioning of leaving it to my son's decision re: military service.

Your line of question is DUMB to say the least. Do not even apply if you already knew you are not sending them for NS. I think you want to take advantage of the subsidy on education , HDB house etc and just in case things gone awfully wrong in SG , you guys scoot.
IMHO, once you apply and refused to apply together with your kids, YOUR PR will not be approve.

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

yewlum75

Postby yewlum75 » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:15 pm

I would be interested to know how did you respond and whether you got rejected or not.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 5:22 pm

Questions:

Now if you dont apply for PR for your kids you can prepare to go home when it is time for your EP renewal.

Sayonara....

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 7:37 am

yewlum75 wrote:I would be interested to know how did you respond and whether you got rejected or not.

ICA : You have children ?

Tam Sim : Yah lah but no apply Pee Arrr?
Y ? No apply can watt ?

ICA : If you do not apply under family application , your chances are slim.

Tam Sim : Wah !!! like dat , ah !!!
No give face !!.
I god money, still cannot !!
Neber mine. I go see Ah loong.
Ah loong have ang kong
Bey sai mai kong
Long Chong pa long long !!
:lol:
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 01 Dec 2010 9:42 am

Yep! He's back! Heeeeeeerrreeeeesssss Johnny! :twisted:

Welcome back MS.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 02 Dec 2010 6:10 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yep! He's back! Heeeeeeerrreeeeesssss Johnny! :twisted:

Welcome back MS.

Thanks mate !!

Good to be back home !!

paddle34

Postby paddle34 » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:17 am

Questions:

Dear Silvergreen
keen to know what your final response was and what was the outcome.Thanks

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:19 am

Mad Scientist wrote: Neber mine. I go see Ah loong.
Ah loong have ang kong
Bey sai mai kong
Long Chong pa long long !!
:lol:

Really interested to know what the above means :)