Singapore Expats Forum

Long term and short term confusion

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
santhosh john

Long term and short term confusion

Postby santhosh john » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 3:18 pm

Dear all, currently I am working in a contract position. It is getting over by october. I am a local post graduate from NTU. I am an Indian. I am planning to apply for long term visa which is needed to search for a job. My fatehr is a singapore PR, here follow the steps,
1. when my contract is over, I will be given a short term visa
2. I will apply a long term
3. I heard, it will take around 2 months to get a long term, in between I need to visit my home
4. In this case, do I need to take another short term visa when my long term gets approved and I need to come to Singapore?
I tried to be clear. Im sorry.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 7:11 pm

I remembered you . You already knew the answer before. Why ask again?
If not sure go to the search button under the profile link and type all about staying and living here.

Alternatively go to www.ica.gov.sg
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

santhosh john

Postby santhosh john » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 9:06 am

I know, but I wanted to confirm it. In anyways, can I use the long term visa approval letter to enter Singapore? or it is necessary to take a stv? Please help out!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Long term and short term confusion

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 9:21 am

santhosh john wrote:Dear all, currently I am working in a contract position. It is getting over by october. I am a local post graduate from NTU. I am an Indian. I am planning to apply for long term visa which is needed to search for a job. My fatehr is a singapore PR, here follow the steps,
1. when my contract is over, I will be given a short term visa
2. I will apply a long term
3. I heard, it will take around 2 months to get a long term, in between I need to visit my home
4. In this case, do I need to take another short term visa when my long term gets approved and I need to come to Singapore?
I tried to be clear. Im sorry.

You are from NTU

Read this http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... pageid=396
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 9:44 am

santhosh john wrote:I know, but I wanted to confirm it. In anyways, can I use the long term visa approval letter to enter Singapore? or it is necessary to take a stv? Please help out!

funny how this makes u look like you have below average intelligence or just ignorant when ppl told u the first time

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 9:48 am

He's defo not a good advertisement for NTU is he? :-|

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 6:52 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:
santhosh john wrote:I know, but I wanted to confirm it. In anyways, can I use the long term visa approval letter to enter Singapore? or it is necessary to take a stv? Please help out!

funny how this makes u look like you have below average intelligence or just ignorant when ppl told u the first time

Agreed.... everything was there for him to see and yet he is scared shit and needs hand holding. What the hell did NTU teach him in the Uni.?
I went to two Universities and I turned out to be alright.

1. University of U NEVER STUDY
2. University of Hard Knock Inc.
:cool:

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 9:40 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:

Agreed.... everything was there for him to see and yet he is scared shit and needs hand holding. What the hell did NTU teach him in the Uni.?
I went to two Universities and I turned out to be alright.

1. University of U NEVER STUDY
2. University of Hard Knock Inc.
:cool:

I want to enrol in those two universities :lol: :lol: