Singapore Expats Forum

PR Application for Foreigner Wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
tstyn

PR Application for Foreigner Wife

Postby tstyn » Mon, 20 Sep 2010 10:18 pm

I am a SC, my wife is a foreigner. We have been living together overseas for the past 3 years and recently went back to SG in Feb this year to get married. We intend to move back to SG sometime next year to get a flat and start our family. She currently holds a full time job (manager level) and I am taking a full time postgrad degree (but prior to this have had worked for couple of years, also at manager level).

I have been reading a few posts here and it almost feels like the general consensus is her application for PR status is going to be tough, given that we are not currently residing in SG.

Need the advice of the folks here on what you would say are the main concerns/obstacles that would hinder her application in our case. Appreciate any input and advice you can dish out.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: PR Application for Foreigner Wife

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 21 Sep 2010 5:05 am

tstyn wrote:I am a SC, my wife is a foreigner. We have been living together overseas for the past 3 years and recently went back to SG in Feb this year to get married. We intend to move back to SG sometime next year to get a flat and start our family. She currently holds a full time job (manager level) and I am taking a full time postgrad degree (but prior to this have had worked for couple of years, also at manager level).

I have been reading a few posts here and it almost feels like the general consensus is her application for PR status is going to be tough, given that we are not currently residing in SG.

Need the advice of the folks here on what you would say are the main concerns/obstacles that would hinder her application in our case. Appreciate any input and advice you can dish out.

Marriage of convenience is one of it. You must proof that you have been together overseas for sometime. IMHO, yours will not be a major drama
I would be incline to get her LTSVP Pass from ICA to get her over to SG first. Then she can apply EP on her own and convert her LTSVP to EP.
For wife PR application gives yourself some times, a year or two will be best. Set your roots and start paying taxes etc. Then apply for her.
Read the local papers to feel the rumbling and tumbling of the local politics due to election around the corner and the influx of FTs is about 3 to 1.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

cooldude

Postby cooldude » Wed, 27 Oct 2010 6:50 am

I am in the same situation. I am told that it is better to apply for a PR for my wife after one year of staying here. Also, I am told that this is an election year and so better to apply next year!!