Singapore Expats Forum

RENEWAL OF MY PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
cocosing

RENEWAL OF MY PR

Postby cocosing » Sat, 18 Sep 2010 11:40 pm

Hi,
I know this topic has been submitted quite a number of times but my situation is slightly different :

I am PR, european, working in Singapore as a teacher with a modest salary. My husband is a banker, european, PR, but he left Singapore one year and a half ago when banking industry was in turmoil and is currently working overseas for a european company. We are still married and we own a flat here. One of our child is PR, the other holds a student pass.

It is time for us to renew our PR. My husband would like to somehow find a job or restart his activity in Singapore again. What are our chances to renew our PR in your opinion? Will I automatically lose my PR if my husband loses his own ?
Thks for your answers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: RENEWAL OF MY PR

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 19 Sep 2010 2:09 am

cocosing wrote:Hi,
I know this topic has been submitted quite a number of times but my situation is slightly different :

I am PR, european, working in Singapore as a teacher with a modest salary. My husband is a banker, european, PR, but he left Singapore one year and a half ago when banking industry was in turmoil and is currently working overseas for a european company. We are still married and we own a flat here. One of our child is PR, the other holds a student pass.

It is time for us to renew our PR. My husband would like to somehow find a job or restart his activity in Singapore again. What are our chances to renew our PR in your opinion? Will I automatically lose my PR if my husband loses his own ?
Thks for your answers

If you having living overseas, you need to be living here or submit 3 years of your 5 yrs PR status income tax in SG before renewal.Unless you have been on overseas assignment for a SG company this worry has been removed.
Your PR does not expire but your REP does. It used to be 10 yrs but now change to 5 yrs
One will lose if one the conditions not met. You can either do it online or come in person at ICA Kallang. PR status will only affect individual person or you have been divorced by a PR Sponsored Spouse, your PR renewal maybe affected

Read this

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=152
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!