Singapore Expats Forum

Dreams or Nightsmares - Have they Changed over the Years?

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
anneteoh

Dreams or Nightsmares - Have they Changed over the Years?

Postby anneteoh » Sat, 18 Sep 2010 1:20 am

The mainland Chinese students whom I met in the early 80s were a bunch of brilliant and happy intellectuals whose favourite party joke was this - something they picked up from thier American lecturers and added on to.

It's a dream if I have-
* a Japanese wife
* an American salary
* German mechanics,
* a Chinese job ( the rice bowl - job for life in the 50s-80s)
* Italian cars
* a French food
* British law and order

It'll be a nightmare if I have -
* an American wife
* a Chinese salary
* an Italian mechanic
* German law and order
* a Japanese job
* British food ( in the days of boiled cabbages)
* a French car ( in the days of Deux Cheveux)

Do these dreams and reversal nightmares stand today or have we moved on?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 27 Sep 2010 3:51 am

I could tell an incredible story about my worst nightmare, that actually came true, I lived the terrifying ordeal and thought i was locked in a time capsule as every minute of it was what I had seen in my dreams, it lasted for 14 days! What makes it worse, is no one believes it. So I keep a very low profile these days.

Premonitions also lead me to Singapore, either for my death or my rebirth in Kranji Cemetery, which i had never seen before, me and my wife went to view the scene from my vision, strangely enough it was among the graves of the British I stood and viewed the trees sweeping across the horizon, while i was down the slope on the right among those that had fallen. Ghost whispers! Second edition

Now I can also relate to this too

It's a dream if I have-
* a Japanese wife (Taiwanese)
* an American salary (More than an American salary)
* German mechanics, (Japanese)
* a Chinese job ( the rice bowl - job for life in the 50s-80s) Career business woman
* Italian cars (My daughters dream lamborghini)
* a French food Yuck! Fish & Chips any day
* British law and order (Singapore)

The best way to travel and the cheapest: Out of body experience!

anneteoh

Postby anneteoh » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 1:49 am

ksl wrote:I could tell an incredible story about my worst nightmare, that actually came true, I lived the terrifying ordeal and thought i was locked in a time capsule as every minute of it was what I had seen in my dreams, it lasted for 14 days! What makes it worse, is no one believes it. So I keep a very low profile these days.

Wonder which time line your capsule landed in?

Premonitions also lead me to Singapore, either for my death or my rebirth in Kranji Cemetery, which i had never seen before, me and my wife went to view the scene from my vision, strangely enough it was among the graves of the British I stood and viewed the trees sweeping across the horizon, while i was down the slope on the right among those that had fallen. Ghost whispers! Second edition

Spooks! Whatever went on?
I have had many premonitions. Two in particular stood out. The first one happened before I went to a cake shop. A little voice told me that I was going to drop some notes as I was fiddling with how much to take to the patiserrie. I ignored that and lost 10GBP at the cake shop. The second instance was when I was in the Pensione in Karlovy Vari - a spa town in the Czech Republic - I sensed a sudden terror that my passport would be stolen so I left it behind. We were later in a boutique - two gypsy-like women dressed in winter coat in the blazing summer, made a commotion and it seemed as if I experienced a kind of blanking out. However brief that was, I discovered my travelling kit was opened and my purse with all money and cards gone. Luckily my passport was in the pensione.

Now I can also relate to this too

It's a dream if I have-
* a Japanese wife (Taiwanese)
* an American salary (More than an American salary)
* German mechanics, (Japanese)
* a Chinese job ( the rice bowl - job for life in the 50s-80s) Career business woman
* Italian cars (My daughters dream lamborghini)
* a French food Yuck! Fish & Chips any day
* British law and order (Singapore)

I think it's definitely a dream to depart (preferably arrive) from Changi airport at 5 am in any season but a real nightmare to depart at 5am in winter from Heathrow airport!!! I had to wait forever before the check points were opened and the bare steel seats, designed full of holes , if one can find any, were hard and cold. There was no heating either. - 2008.

The best way to travel and the cheapest: Out of body experience!

Yes, that's amazing when it happened! I actually thought the swami known by many people in Manali - in the Himalayas teletransported himself from one end of a swathe of field to the spot where I met him face to face. I saw him walking at the other end of about a 1 acre field and before I knew it, I was greeting him a 'shanti'. He did look out of this world. Feeling a sudden nausea, I turned my back and threw up immediately. When I straightened up and turned round. he was gone.
I went back to the ashram and spoke to the Canadian girl in my room who said she had passed the swami at the other end of the field just before she got back - before me.