Singapore Expats Forum

me single too, also looking to expand my social circle

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
User avatar
ngad0003
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 19 May 2010
Location: Choa Chu Kang
Contact:

me single too, also looking to expand my social circle

Postby ngad0003 » Thu, 16 Sep 2010 9:51 am

Indonesian 33/F

heard local said that caucasian guys are more gentleman compare with local guys ???

eg: local guys like to fight for seat with women in MRT :-(

lol

User avatar
osangar
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2009
Location: Tiong Bahru

Postby osangar » Thu, 16 Sep 2010 7:03 pm

Yes, I’ve hear this also. A friend at work does not understand why I open door for her and when I ask why it’s so unusual she responded by saying when she is with her Singapore guy friends they will just open for themselves and not care about her at all. It’s a strange place like that.

I’ve been here for a year and it still seems a bit of an unusual place. But I’m from Australia and we have our own idiosyncrasies as well I suppose.

User avatar
ayu_dong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri, 17 Sep 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby ayu_dong » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 4:51 pm

Hi ngad0003,

This is true. You hardly see a guy will open door for you or give up seats to the ladies. Local guys are more self-centered, I only see Caucasian do that but not any Singaporean guys. LOL!

BR,
Jenn

frostingz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri, 06 Feb 2009
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby frostingz » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:29 pm

haha...fighting for seats with women...good one! Its true, but not only the Singaporean guys... the Indian/China men too!

User avatar
ngad0003
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 19 May 2010
Location: Choa Chu Kang
Contact:

Postby ngad0003 » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 1:14 pm

osangar wrote:Yes, I’ve hear this also. A friend at work does not understand why I open door for her and when I ask why it’s so unusual she responded by saying when she is with her Singapore guy friends they will just open for themselves and not care about her at all. It’s a strange place like that.

I’ve been here for a year and it still seems a bit of an unusual place. But I’m from Australia and we have our own idiosyncrasies as well I suppose.



nah... I saw that everyday. Just take MRT from Jurong East MRT at around 6.30pm after office hour. Asian guys will rush in first and compete with women to get a seat !! Even though he is not travelling until Marina Bay or Woodlands :shock: :???:

and the papers reported that Australians are gentleman ?? :wink:

so that an Asian lady working there thinking whether the guy has feeling for her because he seems too polite.. opening the door, giving a chair, etc.

next time I will ask u to go to the Zoo with me :lol:

User avatar
ngad0003
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 19 May 2010
Location: Choa Chu Kang
Contact:

Postby ngad0003 » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 1:20 pm

ayu_dong wrote:Hi ngad0003,

This is true. You hardly see a guy will open door for you or give up seats to the ladies. Local guys are more self-centered, I only see Caucasian do that but not any Singaporean guys. LOL!

BR,
Jenn


and then the Singaporean princess in high heels will lift their legs in MRT/LRT even during peak hours... inconsiderate with other commuters that were unlucky enough to get seat and need to stand.. but her legs are distracting... yet keep lifting :shock: :???: :twisted:

User avatar
ngad0003
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 19 May 2010
Location: Choa Chu Kang
Contact:

Postby ngad0003 » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 1:46 pm

frostingz wrote:haha...fighting for seats with women...good one! Its true, but not only the Singaporean guys... the Indian/China men too!


:) :) :)

User avatar
osangar
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2009
Location: Tiong Bahru

Postby osangar » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 2:53 pm

ngad0003 wrote:

and the papers reported that Australians are gentleman ?? :wink:

so that an Asian lady working there thinking whether the guy has feeling for her because he seems too polite.. opening the door, giving a chair, etc.

next time I will ask u to go to the Zoo with me :lol:


Yes, I have noticed that being considerate up here can be construed as advances towards girls. Such as – oh you give up your seat, or open a door – you must want something.

Australian are nice *yah*

Zoo, sure I’ll go, but you have to open your own door, hahaha

User avatar
ngad0003
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 19 May 2010
Location: Choa Chu Kang
Contact:

Postby ngad0003 » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 9:52 am

osangar wrote:
ngad0003 wrote:

and the papers reported that Australians are gentleman ?? :wink:

so that an Asian lady working there thinking whether the guy has feeling for her because he seems too polite.. opening the door, giving a chair, etc.

next time I will ask u to go to the Zoo with me :lol:


Yes, I have noticed that being considerate up here can be construed as advances towards girls. Such as – oh you give up your seat, or open a door – you must want something.

Australian are nice *yah*

Zoo, sure I’ll go, but you have to open your own door, hahaha


HA.HA.

Once a French expat is very polite in the beginning..
and caused me had feeling @ him :lol:

Image

anybody wanna invite me for drinks ???

single here :D

dojob1234
Member
Member
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue, 22 Jun 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby dojob1234 » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:37 am

Yeah. Do agreed most Asian people, or should says 'yellow skin' are inconsiderate, especially when traveling in bus/mrt. Few occasion, I have to ask the person (be it guy or gal) to give up their seats to those old woman/pregnant woman, or woman/man carrying babies...

User avatar
osangar
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2009
Location: Tiong Bahru

Postby osangar » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:48 am

Ahh, it’s the French accent, they can order a hamburger and it sounds romantic

Drinks...how can I say this in the most polite manner; with legs such as yours I think there will be hundreds of private messages heading your way seeking to take you for a drink, give up seats on MRT and open doors for you.

User avatar
ngad0003
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 19 May 2010
Location: Choa Chu Kang
Contact:

Postby ngad0003 » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 1:47 pm

osangar wrote:Ahh, it’s the French accent, they can order a hamburger and it sounds romantic

Drinks...how can I say this in the most polite manner; with legs such as yours I think there will be hundreds of private messages heading your way seeking to take you for a drink, give up seats on MRT and open doors for you.


unfortunately no invitation

I do invite friends to Singapore Zoo or Jurong Bird Park for free from couch surfing website. It works !

FRONTAL VIEW :
Image


:D

Anybody wanna invite me for drinks ? Mid-Autumn Festival @ Chinese Garden --> I can go myself :)

SINGLE...

User avatar
osangar
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 01 Nov 2009
Location: Tiong Bahru

Postby osangar » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 5:08 pm

I am doubting this is you from the front, you are not wearing the same dress as in the first photo.

Cute, and single, you will have every single guy in Singapore interested in taking you out.

Interested in going drinking, you will have every single Australian in Singapore interested.

Go with the Australians, we are more fun, hahahaha :D

macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 337
Joined: Mon, 29 Jun 2009

Postby macaroonie » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 2:23 pm

Surely not all australians drink?!?
Any aussies out there that doesn't drink like me?

sebna
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 01 Oct 2010

Postby sebna » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 2:48 pm

well sorry to say this, but if u want to expand ur social circle as it says in the title i don't think there is any need to show ur legs!! :?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “30's Club”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests