Singapore Expats Forum

Salaries

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

daveoi

Salaries

Postby daveoi » Thu, 04 Nov 2004 9:24 pm

What would be a salary or package to negotiate for this job?

Director of operations and process in a PLC

Requirements: 15 years min exp in senior management

Thanks

SimplyAnnoyed

Postby SimplyAnnoyed » Fri, 05 Nov 2004 1:28 am

If you are responding to this job, you must have at least 15 years senior mgt experience and not know what to negotiate, then what good is your 15 years? Ask the right question then you would not get such violent reaction!!! Again...I am skeptical about your experience.

And if you have 15 years senior mgt experience...that would make you close to retirement(then why still work??) considering you have to work your way to senior mgt.....

I cannot see logic...so no answer although I have close to 20 years of working experience and plus senior mgt experience. :roll:

daveoi

Postby daveoi » Sun, 07 Nov 2004 5:39 pm

SimplyAnnoyed wrote:If you are responding to this job, you must have at least 15 years senior mgt experience and not know what to negotiate, then what good is your 15 years? Ask the right question then you would not get such violent reaction!!! Again...I am skeptical about your experience.

And if you have 15 years senior mgt experience...that would make you close to retirement(then why still work??) considering you have to work your way to senior mgt.....

I cannot see logic...so no answer although I have close to 20 years of working experience and plus senior mgt experience. :roll:

Sori perhaps didnot make myself clear.....

i am just making an equiry about the salary Singaporean companies would pay for a job description such as this

AND YES i do have such experience and not yet at retirement age yet!

Plissken

Postby Plissken » Wed, 17 Nov 2004 1:03 pm

I know someone in near same capacity working for a small Japanese manufacturing orgn. His monthly salary is approx. S$7K, excluding the variable year end bonus(dependent on factors like yield improvement and scrap loss).

Hope it helps.

KLS

Postby KLS » Thu, 18 Nov 2004 8:16 pm

(Sori perhaps didnot make myself clear.....

i am just making an equiry about the salary Singaporean companies would pay for a job description such as this )

why sorry! just ignore the grumpy B------

passing by

Postby passing by » Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:03 am

KLS..looks like you have no answers for daveoi too...so why be non-contructive?

KLS

Postby KLS » Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:22 am

passing by wrote:KLS..looks like you have no answers for daveoi too...so why be non-contructive?

It's better to be non-constructive than plain distructive, christ what happend didn't he get his end away the night before or what!