Singapore Expats Forum

StudentPass Completion of formalities - have to book online?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
djzilch

StudentPass Completion of formalities - have to book online?

Postby djzilch » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 3:51 pm

Hi there guys

i recently applied for a student pass to study audio engineering in SAE Institute singapore (and it was successful)

they later asked me to do medical check up (done) and pay up the security bond (which i did) - and then when i wanna complete the whole process i tried to make a booking online for the eappointment (the form says STRICTLY by appointment only)

when i tried that - i noticed that they are FULLY BOOKED up until next month when the school starts (4th of october 2010 - the same day that my school starts!)

is there any possibility of getting an earlier slot? or is it possible to just go to the ica and try to make an appointment there? coz i sort of dont wanna miss out on the first day of school. so the completion of formality is Strictly by appointment only? In my case, any suggestion on what i should do?

thanks in advance! :)
:)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 5:14 pm

You can start off by removing one of the hyperlinks in your signature. You are only allow a single hyperlink on this forum.

djzilch

Postby djzilch » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 6:21 pm

oops sorry! new here, didnt know that :)

so anybody got any input?

djzilch

Postby djzilch » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 12:38 pm

nevermind, SOLVED! stayed overnight and logged in and out all the time (with about a whole case of redbull)

after a persistent 2 night stake-out i managed to find someone who cancelled their appointment and sneaked my eappointment in on the 27th :)

man - that was weird

i felt like i was trying to book a seat in a cinema

aniways if anyone ever had the same experience, just keep on logging in and out and if you are lucky, some slots are bound to pop out of nowhere

carolynW
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carolynW » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 4:29 pm

You can also hang out, ie go without an appointment and ask for a ticket after explaining your situation, it can be a short or long wait tho... after those who have appointments...

rameshpvb

Postby rameshpvb » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 2:55 pm

Hi

May I know what time you got the slot? I think ICA will update canceled slots in a particular time. I need an appointment for earlier date. If you can tell me the time that you got the appointment slot, it may helpful for me.

Ramesh

djzilch wrote:nevermind, SOLVED! stayed overnight and logged in and out all the time (with about a whole case of redbull)

after a persistent 2 night stake-out i managed to find someone who cancelled their appointment and sneaked my eappointment in on the 27th :)

man - that was weird

i felt like i was trying to book a seat in a cinema

aniways if anyone ever had the same experience, just keep on logging in and out and if you are lucky, some slots are bound to pop out of nowhere