Singapore Expats

LPR Applied

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Ragavendran

LPR Applied

Post by Ragavendran » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 3:06 pm

Hello All,

I have applied for LPR and waiting since July 2010. No reply yet from ICA.... Does any one applied and has got any reply with any positive note....

does anyone from India with accounting background has got LPR approved.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: LPR Applied

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 3:25 pm

Ragavendran wrote:Hello All,

I have applied for LPR and waiting since July 2010. No reply yet from ICA.... Does any one applied and has got any reply with any positive note....

does anyone from India with accounting background has got LPR approved.
Hi The normal processing time for LPR is minimum 5-6 months. Now the policies are stricter and it would take atleast >6 months <1.5 years for you to know the outcome.

I personally feel it is too early for you to expect a reply. Wait patiently for another 6 months.

Check the forum and there are people who have applied for LPR 1 year ago and are still waiting.

Ragavendran

Post by Ragavendran » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks

I'm interested in knowing any Indians having accounting background has succeed, n whats the qualificaion n exp they posses

apprecite ur reply
Last edited by Ragavendran on Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 8:33 pm

Decent spelling would be a start.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 8:38 pm

Ragavendran wrote:Thanks ,,,,

I'm interested in knowing any Indians having accounting bckground has succeed, n whats the qualificaion n exp then posses

apprecite ur reply
Not Sure. But just wanted to highlight that there is no shortage of Accounting Talent in Singapore.

Also as per what I learnt from the forum each application for PR is on a case to case basis and it means that if a person with Skill Y has got a PR, it does not mean that another person with the same Skill Y will be granted a PR.

Many other factors influence the decision of PR. Read through the forum and you will understand about stricter processing of PR in the last one year.

Ragavendran

Post by Ragavendran » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 2:39 pm

Is it something like you will get your LPR approved only if there is a demand for your skill set or it will be approved based on the candidate merits and the qualifications.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 3:00 pm

It's a combination of skillset need, educational background, ethnicity quotas, and current position of the government. Which, at the moment, is not good for LPR's, EP's, or PR's in general. When will it change? How long will it last? Nobody knows for sure or what kind a point allocation system is used. ICA & MOM keeps their card held closely to their collective chests.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers