Singapore Expats Forum

WHAT THE RE-ENTRY PERMIT LOOK LIKE???

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ZETT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 08 Sep 2010

WHAT THE RE-ENTRY PERMIT LOOK LIKE???

Postby ZETT » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 9:18 pm

Hi Guys

today I went to SG embassy(I am oversea) just want to check how to cancel my PR status if needed.

The staff let me know the required documents, only 1 of this doc I do not know is RE-ENTRY Permit.....

They said it is a kind of yeloow color A4 size paper with my photo stick on it......but I am not really reckon that I have one like that when I got PR...(I got my PR status in 2008)

Does any of you guys here know about it......the re-entry permit I only know is the one stamped in my passport...

Thanks in advance

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 11:17 pm

My re-entry permit is just a stamp on my passport (renewed manually the last time for 10 years). Now you can also renew your reentry permit online, then you have to print out the reentry permit and just carry it with your passport, no need to take your passport to immigration to get it stamped.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 11:27 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:My re-entry permit is just a stamp on my passport (renewed manually the last time for 10 years). Now you can also renew your reentry permit online, then you have to print out the reentry permit and just carry it with your passport, no need to take your passport to immigration to get it stamped.


SMS,
OP wants to surrender his PR. So he wants to return back the documents to the embassy. Is he referring to the Certificate that they usually give with the photo on it when the PR is approved the first time? Recently some of my friends who got their PR approved got a certificate like what the OP mentions. But it is surely not the REP as the REP is on the passport.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:10 am

That is the Entry Permit, otherwise know as Form 5. After arrival the Entry Permit is stamped with a large stamp that says "JOURNEY PERFORMED" as well as the normal date of arrival stamps. The Reentry permit is stamped in your passport or the newer eREP's are printed out on A4 paper and carried in your passport. I know about the yellow one, I got one of those all those many years ago and I'm looking at it as I type this. :wink:

ZETT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 08 Sep 2010

Postby ZETT » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks guys for all info. so...it means that the yellow docs really exist......such an inportant one and how can I forget.

Anyways seems like I lost it and that will make my life a little bit more difficult.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 8:05 pm

Not reallly. That is the Entry Permit not the Re-entry Permit. Depends on specifically which one they are asking for. "Entry" or "RE-entry".

The Entry Permit is like your disembarkation card except it's solely for a single entry into Singapore for the purpose of "residing in Singapore" whereas the re-entry permit is for travel in and out of Singapore unhindered.

ZETT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 08 Sep 2010

Postby ZETT » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 5:18 am

What I need to do is that

1.I need to go for report of lost document
2.then take the report to translator to translate it to English (where I live now is not use Eng as first language)
3.and then take the translate to Consulate for an appove stamp that this translate report is an official document.
4.and Finally go to SG embassy

Just think that they will accept the report rather than ask me to apply for a new one, for me to hand it back to them for cancellation after that.....

I foreseen that for the next 3 years before my REP expire I will still oversea without any CPF contribution and that will give me slim chance for renewal.

The reason why I am thinking about give up PR is because I am working with SG company but they are setting up branch in my motherland and that is why I am oversea.

Incase that my company require me to return to work in SG just before my REP expire and after that ICA reject my renewal ,I think it will even pose a bigger problem for me. So that why I need a clear cut.

Do anyone think this is the right idea?

I have been working in SG for 7 years before applied for PR and I still can not make up my mind thinking about cancel just 2 years after I got it.....

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 9:12 am

ZETT wrote:What I need to do is that

1.I need to go for report of lost document
2.then take the report to translator to translate it to English (where I live now is not use Eng as first language)
3.and then take the translate to Consulate for an appove stamp that this translate report is an official document.
4.and Finally go to SG embassy

Just think that they will accept the report rather than ask me to apply for a new one, for me to hand it back to them for cancellation after that.....

I foreseen that for the next 3 years before my REP expire I will still oversea without any CPF contribution and that will give me slim chance for renewal.

The reason why I am thinking about give up PR is because I am working with SG company but they are setting up branch in my motherland and that is why I am oversea.

Incase that my company require me to return to work in SG just before my REP expire and after that ICA reject my renewal ,I think it will even pose a bigger problem for me. So that why I need a clear cut.

Do anyone think this is the right idea?

I have been working in SG for 7 years before applied for PR and I still can not make up my mind thinking about cancel just 2 years after I got it.....



If your company has posted you abroad for working in the office abroad, then if your company can issue an letter stating the same and you can submit the letter at ICA saying you are abroad because of this reason and ICA would consider your REP renewal. You have to submit this letter soon.

ZETT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 08 Sep 2010

Postby ZETT » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 3:14 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
ZETT wrote:What I need to do is that

1.I need to go for report of lost document
2.then take the report to translator to translate it to English (where I live now is not use Eng as first language)
3.and then take the translate to Consulate for an appove stamp that this translate report is an official document.
4.and Finally go to SG embassy

Just think that they will accept the report rather than ask me to apply for a new one, for me to hand it back to them for cancellation after that.....

I foreseen that for the next 3 years before my REP expire I will still oversea without any CPF contribution and that will give me slim chance for renewal.

The reason why I am thinking about give up PR is because I am working with SG company but they are setting up branch in my motherland and that is why I am oversea.

Incase that my company require me to return to work in SG just before my REP expire and after that ICA reject my renewal ,I think it will even pose a bigger problem for me. So that why I need a clear cut.

Do anyone think this is the right idea?

I have been working in SG for 7 years before applied for PR and I still can not make up my mind thinking about cancel just 2 years after I got it.....



If your company has posted you abroad for working in the office abroad, then if your company can issue an letter stating the same and you can submit the letter at ICA saying you are abroad because of this reason and ICA would consider your REP renewal. You have to submit this letter soon.


They will consider the renewal even without CPF contribution :? ??? but thanks anyway for your advice, there is no harm send them the letter. :)

ZETT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 08 Sep 2010

Postby ZETT » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 3:24 pm

[quote="sundaymorningstaple"]Not reallly. That is the Entry Permit not the Re-entry Permit. Depends on specifically which one they are asking for. "Entry" or "RE-entry".quote]

SMS , What it stated is to return

1.IC
2.'ENTRY/RE-ENTRY PERMIT'
3....
4....

so I beleive the entry/re-entry permit they asked is the same document since it is stated in the same line of point2. but from your reply seems like it is the different documents

I will give ICA a call on Monday and will update. Thank you very much for all your advice, it is useful indeed.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35168
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 5:02 pm

Let us know which they want. I believe you will find that is either/or. One or the other, which ever you have.

ZETT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 08 Sep 2010

Postby ZETT » Thu, 16 Sep 2010 5:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Let us know which they want. I believe you will find that is either/or. One or the other, which ever you have.



After sony tried of calling hotline, ICA staf told me that it is the 'yellow card' that required but they said it is one time issue so I can made a police report and use this to submit. Thanks a lot for all useful advice

ZETT
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 08 Sep 2010

Postby ZETT » Fri, 31 Dec 2010 7:46 am

Just to update my situation and it might be useful for someone who looking for this kind of info.

Finally I made up my mind to give up my PR. I managed to find that formB1. I went back to SG last month to renounce my PR. It took me for 15 mins to completed the process.

I was surprise that there is no queue at all..... compare to the last time when I went for an appointment as successful PR applicant, the queue was like a hundred before my turn!! I understand that it is a hard time now to apply for PR but this just beyond my thought.

Anyway, after renounced. I went to IRAS just to make sure that there is no tax issue. It took me for about 1 hr. and that mainly because of waiting time. The discussion last only 3 mins for my case.

I went to CPF board at Bishan to withdrawn my CPF and again, same like IRAS, fast submit process but a bit long waiting time. I just feel a little bit wierd when I asked them to tranfer as T/T but the staff recommended D/D instead knowing that in CPF website recommend with T/T. I followed her advice anyway.

Fast forward......I came back to Thailand and it took exactly 20 days to get the cheque out as in CPF website mentioned.

it is now 15 days since they sent the cheque over but I have yet to get it. I am a little bit concern as I think it is to long for a letter from SG to Thailand. My friend in SG sent me a greeting cards and it took only 4 days to reached me.

As CPF website mentioned that the courier might take from 10-20 days. I just hope that it will be no problem and the cheque will reach me soon. I will update again once I get it.

Happy New Year in advance for all of you guys here!!!

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu, 03 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby curiousgeorge » Fri, 31 Dec 2010 1:28 pm

Just in case anyone finds this thread through searching, I can shed a little light on what the newer Re-Entry Permits look like:

The Entry Permit (Form 5A) is white A4 sheet with photo printed on it (if I recall, when applying they didn't need 1 of the four photos they ask for, guess they print it these days and I assume they used to paste it before?)

The REP is also a white A4 sheet, to be carried with your passport. I reduced it on the photocopier and cut off the notes, stuck it next to the entry stamp in my passport. See attached image.

Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests