Singapore Expats Forum

PEP Processing Agents

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nimrod_0

PEP Processing Agents

Postby nimrod_0 » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 4:49 am

I'll be moving to Singapore and would like to begin the employment pass application process remotely through an agent. I'm familiar with Guide Me Singapore but would like to shop around for a better price. Could you folks provide me with the names of some other competing agencies?

Thanks,
Doug

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 7:02 am

You need to find a job first. Otherwise, your dream of an EP is just a pipe dream. An agent is just going to rip you off by charging you an arm & a leg and then putting you with some dodgy employer who the agent is in cahoots with and then they are gong to tell MOM you are earning 1800~2500 month and only pay your 1000 ~1200 month. Don't do it.

If you are smart enough to earn a minimum of S$7000/month and can qualify for a PEP, then you don't need an agent to apply for the PEP for you. You should be able to fill out the simple form by itself. Unless you don't understand English, that is.

nimrod_0

Postby nimrod_0 » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 7:35 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You need to find a job first. Otherwise, your dream of an EP is just a pipe dream. An agent is just going to rip you off by charging you an arm & a leg and then putting you with some dodgy employer who the agent is in cahoots with and then they are gong to tell MOM you are earning 1800~2500 month and only pay your 1000 ~1200 month. Don't do it.

If you are smart enough to earn a minimum of S$7000/month and can qualify for a PEP, then you don't need an agent to apply for the PEP for you. You should be able to fill out the simple form by itself. Unless you don't understand English, that is.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I'm not in Singapore yet but would like to get the application process started before I arrive. Since I can't get to Singpost I'd like to hire a local agent to do the legwork for me. Unless, of course, they all charge the cost of airfare for what amounts to making a quick trip to Singpost. I have no problem taking care of it when I arrive, but if I can get things rolling ahead of time, all the better.

Thanks,
Doug

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 9:15 am

Hmmm...perhaps you could help out with more details? What's your ultimate goal why you want a PEP? There maybe a simpler way of achieving your goal (without exposing yourself to the dangers of greedy agents) and having gone to guideme Singapore, you're probably aware of the pro's and con's of the PEP. Will you be looking for a job? Do you already have a prospect? What's your ultimate purpose for going to Singapore? Etc, etc, etc...

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Postby curiousgeorge » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 11:56 am

Well we can rule out PEP online because you can't get a singpass.

Manual application for PEP requires you to attend at MOM in person.

How can an agent attend in person for you? :???: Maybe it is worth calling MOM and asking if you can submit from overseas.

The other way round to do it, is get a job (which is likely to be a good one/well paid if you're able to meet the $7k+ criteria) and you employer gets a P1 EP for you. When I did that, there was in-principle approval for PEP when I got the EP letter.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 12:08 pm

curiousgeorge wrote:Well we can rule out PEP online because you can't get a singpass.

How can an agent attend in person for you? :???: Maybe it is worth calling MOM and asking if you can submit from overseas.

The other way round to do it, is get a job (which is likely to be a good one/well paid if you're able to meet the $7k+ criteria) and you employer gets a P1 EP for you. When I did that, there was in-principle approval for PEP when I got the EP letter.

If the PEP applicant has a local contact in SG, the local contact can submit the PEP application on his behalf providing the applicant satisfies the > 7000 SGD criteria in his last employment.

nimrod_0

Postby nimrod_0 » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 12:49 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
curiousgeorge wrote:Well we can rule out PEP online because you can't get a singpass.

If the PEP applicant has a local contact in SG, the local contact can submit the PEP application on his behalf providing the applicant satisfies the > 7000 SGD criteria in his last employment.

"Local contact" is probably a better term than what I used. I don't need an employment agency, just someone to submit the PEP application on my behalf. The MOM website is clear that this is an option. I thought you folks might be able to provide me with a list of companies/organizations that provide "local contact"s as a service.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 12:54 pm

nimrod_0 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

"Local contact" is probably a better term than what I used. I don't need an employment agency, just someone to submit the PEP application on my behalf. The MOM website is clear that this is an option. I thought you folks might be able to provide me with a list of companies/organizations that provide "local contact"s as a service.

First see if you have any friends or relatives in SG and try to submit through them.

If you submit through consultancies offering you to assist you on PEP application they will charge between 1000-2500 SGD. (I have not seen a consultancy that can just submit on your behalf. They charge this amount for the services from form filling,review of documents and submission).

nimrod_0

Postby nimrod_0 » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 1:18 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
nimrod_0 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

First see if you have any friends or relatives in SG and try to submit through them.

If you submit through consultancies offering you to assist you on PEP application they will charge between 1000-2500 SGD. (I have not seen a consultancy that can just submit on your behalf. They charge this amount for the services from form filling,review of documents and submission).

LOL. I could literally fly in to Singapore, drop the application off at Singpost, and fly back for that. It looks like my best bet is going to be to take care of it once I arrive. Thanks for your input, folks.

Doug

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 2:13 pm

What really matters for a manual submission is:

a) Dropping it off at SingPost, because they do some basic data entry to create the records for MoM, then deliver to MoM. The person dropping off gets a receipt for the drop off which is your tracker.

b) You need a local address for communications.

I have dropped off an Entrepass application and become the local address for another fellow. His entire cost: A few beers when he came over.

I'll make the same deal to you. You need one more post to PM me. If you are interested, you can contact me to work out the details. I'll drop it at the post office, and be your local address. Cost: A few beers when you get over.

Zeenit
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Zeenit » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 3:27 pm

If I am not wrong to apply for a PEP you must of been here and earned $7k> per month for 6 months before you can apply for a PEP.
You also need a FIN number to apply for a PEP which you can get only after you have started working here in SG. So no friend, no airline ticket nor Agent will be able to apply without a your FIN number.

Good Luck.
Last edited by Zeenit on Wed, 08 Sep 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeenit

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 3:40 pm

Zeenit wrote:If I am not wrong to apply for a PEP you must of been here and earned $7k> per month for 6 months before you can apply for a PEP.
You also need a IC number to apply for a PEP which you can get only after you have started working here in SG. So no friend, no airline ticket nor Agent will be able to apply without a your IC number.

Good Luck.

I am afraid that you are wrong

Overseas foreign professional whose last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas was at least $7,000
The last drawn fixed monthly salary overseas should be no more than six months from the time of the application.

This is from the MOM Site.

IC is for Singaporean and PR and not for EP holders. For all EP Holders/ Work Pass Holders it is FIN Number and not an IC.

Overseas foreign professional can apply for PEP without exisiting FIN Number

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 3:44 pm

perxactly!

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 4:58 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:Overseas foreign professional can apply for PEP without exisiting FIN Number

They just can't use Singpass, and must apply manually at a post office, which, if you think about it, is somewhat bizarre... there is no way, without flying here, or access to third parties, that a foreign base person can apply for a PEP.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 6:26 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:Overseas foreign professional can apply for PEP without exisiting FIN Number

They just can't use Singpass, and must apply manually at a post office, which, if you think about it, is somewhat bizarre... there is no way, without flying here, or access to third parties, that a foreign base person can apply for a PEP.

I did not deny that they have to submit in person or through a local contact. This statement was added as a comment to Zeenit's post which said that FIN Number is needed for PEP application.