Singapore Expats Forum

EP Rejected-Suggestion needed

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

anneteoh

Postby anneteoh » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 9:32 pm

ksl wrote:
The last thing he needed was being told he's a "bullshit." That was uncalled for but if he did pm you, it was not apparent in the posts.
Anneteoh MS didn't call him anything! I think maybe you misunderstood the sentence! He was referring to the person who submitted the application. which I agree with. It was also my first thought when the rejection came, that the person never submitted the documents. I rang the person for confirmation, as I made the training plan out myself.

Only one person had authority to submit, That's why the other person couldn't even login, I new even before it was submitted that it wouldn't be done correctly. :roll: Though the day is saved its all completed today.


Thanks Chief! You did the peace pipe nicely.
I was actaully surprised with some of the things I'm reading in this forum -it's amazing - the support some guys get for their EP applications and anything else and the openness with which some of you express the situations. A real transparency.
I was glad there's a happy ending here, at least at this stage. I really had a good impression of C... even though it sounded like cheesy at first read and I wasn't quite sure what to take of it.

Anyway, C sounds like a really nice guy and you both are lucky to kick off from the forum in this style! I thought it might be useful to explain what's involved re working in SG - I took it all very lightly and though I did extremely well, I would have done better in the long shot had I known how one's committment for the long term could have made a real difference; as you had expressed.

I wish you both well in all your endeavours.

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3457
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 26 Sep 2010 2:10 am

ksl wrote:
The last thing he needed was being told he's a "bullshit." That was uncalled for but if he did pm you, it was not apparent in the posts.
Anneteoh MS didn't call him anything! I think maybe you misunderstood the sentence! He was referring to the person who submitted the application. which I agree with.


Thanks KSL..... I hated it when someone shot me at the back without any apparent reason.
Exactly !! As what KSL has put it !! I was providing link for him to access himself. I did not even realise KSL was on to it. So I stop the comms. then you Anneteoh came in guns blazing !!

Anneteoh, I do this not to get Oscar or Emmy Award or just having fun to poke on someone's else predicament. Or to please anybody.
This is the problem with you. As I said B4 if you cared to read the post properly, then you will understand what it meant. I was not even referring to OP at all!!
This not the first time you misunderstood someone else post and started to draw sword for no apparent reason.
There are many things done via PM if the OP does not want to spill their gut in the open. This is understood by many of us here.
Unlike yourself I lived in SG for half of my life, I worked in the Ministries and the Military before. Whatever I know I will try my best to point to the right direction. I will even point out the error so that the OP can address it and take preventive measure. These is what I am trying to do all along. I do not hold grudge on you or anybody. If you can help out ...great !!! If you cannot, it does not matter. Someone else will pick up the slack. This is an open forum , nobody will hold you ransom .
But please for the sake of everyone, please read the post carefully before you trip and fall.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

anneteoh

Postby anneteoh » Sun, 26 Sep 2010 8:11 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
ksl wrote:
The last thing he needed was being told he's a "bullshit." That was uncalled for but if he did pm you, it was not apparent in the posts.
Anneteoh MS didn't call him anything! I think maybe you misunderstood the sentence! He was referring to the person who submitted the application. which I agree with.


Thanks KSL..... I hated it when someone shot me at the back without any apparent reason.
Exactly !! As what KSL has put it !! I was providing link for him to access himself. I did not even realise KSL was on to it. So I stop the comms. then you Anneteoh came in guns blazing !!

Anneteoh, I do this not to get Oscar or Emmy Award or just having fun to poke on someone's else predicament. Or to please anybody.
This is the problem with you. As I said B4 if you cared to read the post properly, then you will understand what it meant. I was not even referring to OP at all!!
This not the first time you misunderstood someone else post and started to draw sword for no apparent reason.
There are many things done via PM if the OP does not want to spill their gut in the open. This is understood by many of us here.
Unlike yourself I lived in SG for half of my life, I worked in the Ministries and the Military before. Whatever I know I will try my best to point to the right direction. I will even point out the error so that the OP can address it and take preventive measure. These is what I am trying to do all along. I do not hold grudge on you or anybody. If you can help out ...great !!! If you cannot, it does not matter. Someone else will pick up the slack. This is an open forum , nobody will hold you ransom .
But please for the sake of everyone, please read the post carefully before you trip and fall.


MS , I did not refer to you specifically but I felt it on my shoulders that I should encourage the guy who sounded so much in distress not to be put off by any rudeness. I am never fond of pointing a finger at anyone and I hate power trips. When I made a reading error before , I had explained it and it was as simple and uncomplicated as that - there's no big deal because nothing was meant to be personal. I assume you're an educated gentleman who believe in fairness. That's all I can say.

I appreciate your explanation. Ksl was most kind to point it out, but the word 'bullshit" was a singular, decontexualized ejective. I did not draw any conclusions or made any reference to you in particular. I don't even bother who it was directed at to be dead honest. I was simply concerned
for someone for whom things were going so wrong -and, knowing how opportunities for him might be rather limited in Malaysia, perhaps, I believe he needed comradeship and understanding.

Obviously, I noted how helpful you were and how grateful C was. I hope he'll be happy with his TEP aand PR. Likewise, if you read one of the threads in SS you would have noticed I had lauded your good deeds in that chorus.

I don't group myself with anyone as I'm an individual and I don't live in SG but I was partially schooled in SG and part of my family is there. As an ex Malayisan, and having lived in SG when I was in my teens, and had later did a stint out there, I do not feel a stranger to those shores, regardless of the distance or length of absence. I do believe in a more open world and a more enlightened society but it's not always so and people have to share their perceptions to make the world a better place. I have no respect for those who put others down or use foul language to show their arrogance and disrespect to Asians, including Asians themselves.

Making a protest or firing back in self defence is a different ball game altogether, as is a sense of humour or other literary devices.

I have no grudge against you or anyone who'd been nasty to me in the forum - everyone's got their own karma. My belief is life's short and everyone who's sincere, honest and kind should have my support whilst it's best to ignore those unashamed to show sheer rudeness or prejudice. I respond to those whose opinion I value and whose feelings I have no intention of hurting.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:50 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
JayCee wrote:Did you get the appeal result yet?


They should give you citizenship as you just qualified! :cool: Blur like sotong!

He posted his message past 7 pm last night and didn't come back to indicate if and when he actually submitted it to MOM. (probably today) It would only be today when somebody "MIGHT" have taken a look at it and that's only if they are super efficient. But again, they are public servants so I guess that answers that. Less than 24 hours have elapsed and already you want to know if he was successful? On a Friday? :roll:

:P


Eh? Have you been on the pop?

Anshul's post was on the 10th September and I asked 2 weeks after that, I don't see any messages at 7pm last night that he left unless they were on another thread

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34786
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:46 pm

My apologies. That's what happens when other posters hijack threads! cheezzzz actually made the post at 7pm not the OP. :oops:

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Tue, 28 Sep 2010 4:38 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:My apologies. That's what happens when other posters hijack threads! cheezzzz actually made the post at 7pm not the OP. :oops:


Ah right, I didn't read cheesy's posts otherwise I could have figured that out myself :oops:

I was just really intrigued with Anshul's big head and whether he'd let us know if he got rejected again or whether his ego wouldn't allow it :roll:

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:25 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:ksl, let us know if it gets done okay "after" he actually has the TEP. It would be nice if we could verify that it's still possible to get a TEP for a Malaysian under the current climate, knowing the odds are that the TEP holder is just going to gather the knowledge and probably return to Malaysia and use it there. :wink:


Unfortunately the student was rejected on appeal, as he doesn't meet the criteria. Sad, and now I think I know why too, and I doubt a visit to MOM will help his case.

cheezzzz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue, 17 Aug 2010
Location: KL, Malaysia

Postby cheezzzz » Sat, 02 Oct 2010 10:42 am

ksl wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:ksl, let us know if it gets done okay "after" he actually has the TEP. It would be nice if we could verify that it's still possible to get a TEP for a Malaysian under the current climate, knowing the odds are that the TEP holder is just going to gather the knowledge and probably return to Malaysia and use it there. :wink:


Unfortunately the student was rejected on appeal, as he doesn't meet the criteria. Sad, and now I think I know why too, and I doubt a visit to MOM will help his case.


ksl, u know the reason? MOM actually suggested a visit with the employer would be good, as they could set up an appointment to sort the issue out if the employer and I went together.

at this point I just want to know the truth and the reason behind my rejection and to hear it from MOM themselves instead of just generic rejections.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Sat, 02 Oct 2010 5:15 pm

cheezzzz wrote:
ksl wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:ksl, let us know if it gets done okay "after" he actually has the TEP. It would be nice if we could verify that it's still possible to get a TEP for a Malaysian under the current climate, knowing the odds are that the TEP holder is just going to gather the knowledge and probably return to Malaysia and use it there. :wink:


Unfortunately the student was rejected on appeal, as he doesn't meet the criteria. Sad, and now I think I know why too, and I doubt a visit to MOM will help his case.


ksl, u know the reason? MOM actually suggested a visit with the employer would be good, as they could set up an appointment to sort the issue out if the employer and I went together.

at this point I just want to know the truth and the reason behind my rejection and to hear it from MOM themselves instead of just generic rejections.
I have arranged that a director of the company will attend the meeting with you on Tuesday afternoon, so fingers crossed.

humbledesi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun, 03 Oct 2010

Employment Pass

Postby humbledesi » Sun, 03 Oct 2010 7:33 am

Is it really difficult to get an EP in Singapore? My company is offering to move me to Singapore from US. I would imagine they will take care of my work permit. However, my spouse is in the Healthcare field and I am wondering if this would be a challenge for her?

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3457
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Re: Employment Pass

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 03 Oct 2010 9:02 am

humbledesi wrote:Is it really difficult to get an EP in Singapore? My company is offering to move me to Singapore from US. I would imagine they will take care of my work permit. However, my spouse is in the Healthcare field and I am wondering if this would be a challenge for her?


Once you EP is approved , apply DP for her. Once here , she can look for job and apply letter of consent under DP from MOM. The hindsight is if you lose your EP , she will too as it is tied together
Or she can apply her own EP when she is here and convert her DP to EP if approves. Make sense ?
For healthcare sector, demands outweighs the supply if your spouse credential is niche to that sector
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

anshul500
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 04 Sep 2010

Postby anshul500 » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 3:28 pm

JayCee wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
JayCee wrote:Did you get the appeal result yet?


They should give you citizenship as you just qualified! :cool: Blur like sotong!

He posted his message past 7 pm last night and didn't come back to indicate if and when he actually submitted it to MOM. (probably today) It would only be today when somebody "MIGHT" have taken a look at it and that's only if they are super efficient. But again, they are public servants so I guess that answers that. Less than 24 hours have elapsed and already you want to know if he was successful? On a Friday? :roll:

:P


Eh? Have you been on the pop?

Anshul's post was on the 10th September and I asked 2 weeks after that, I don't see any messages at 7pm last night that he left unless they were on another thread


Hi Jaycee...

yes I got my EP approved...if u need any practical suggestion, feel free to mail me....I have been on TEP pass before......

anshul500
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 04 Sep 2010

Postby anshul500 » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 3:40 pm

hi...

Thanks everyone for their support and guidance...

finally after 35 days of EP rejection, I got my EP approved....

the best thing was it was a good experience and I learnt many practical things....

thanks again

-anshul

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Wed, 06 Oct 2010 5:37 pm

anshul500 wrote:
JayCee wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
JayCee wrote:Did you get the appeal result yet?


They should give you citizenship as you just qualified! :cool: Blur like sotong!

He posted his message past 7 pm last night and didn't come back to indicate if and when he actually submitted it to MOM. (probably today) It would only be today when somebody "MIGHT" have taken a look at it and that's only if they are super efficient. But again, they are public servants so I guess that answers that. Less than 24 hours have elapsed and already you want to know if he was successful? On a Friday? :roll:

:P


Eh? Have you been on the pop?

Anshul's post was on the 10th September and I asked 2 weeks after that, I don't see any messages at 7pm last night that he left unless they were on another thread


Hi Jaycee...

yes I got my EP approved...if u need any practical suggestion, feel free to mail me....I have been on TEP pass before......


Thanks for the offer but I'm a PEP holder, was just intrigued by your posts rather than needing practical help

anshul500
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 04 Sep 2010

Postby anshul500 » Fri, 08 Oct 2010 9:12 pm

tats so nice of u Jaycee.. thanks a lot..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron