Singapore Expats Forum

EP Rejected-Suggestion needed

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 5:12 pm

And sometimes people wonder why we have to vent on here at times. :roll: :lol:

anneteoh

Postby anneteoh » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 6:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:And sometimes people wonder why we have to vent on here at times. :roll: :lol:

One of those that eat his words to spew them out in your face. Would someone so talented keep reminding people how clever he is? (sic) I imagine there're many like him these days, though a few will be just enough. I bet his parents will turn up with a big stick for MOM. LOL

cheezzzz

TEP Rejected

Postby cheezzzz » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 9:58 am

Hi,

recently the company employing me applied for my TEP via EPOnline last Saturday and I must say MoM is pretty efficient for getting back to me so quickly. The thing is, I got rejected and now I've called MoM and been advised to submit an appeal via iSubmit.

My employer had all the documents required in the TEP as stated on the mom website, I'm applying for a 3 month TEP for my internship as it is part of my course requirement and my uni (from Malaysia) is on the list of recognized unis by mom. Just curious though, cuz my employer told me there was no service or field available for them to attach files when applying via EPOnline. Question is, how does mom approve or reject a person without first and foremost going through his/her personal documents? Also, they did not give a reason for the rejection.. wonder why though.

Also could someone please shed some light on iSubmit and expediting an assessment/appeal of TEP? Should I proceed with iSubmit and follow up or would a trip down to MoM be better? My internship begins 4 Oct and time is really running out, please advise!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: TEP Rejected

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 6:41 pm

cheezzzz wrote:Hi,

recently the company employing me applied for my TEP via EPOnline last Saturday and I must say MoM is pretty efficient for getting back to me so quickly. The thing is, I got rejected and now I've called MoM and been advised to submit an appeal via iSubmit.

My employer had all the documents required in the TEP as stated on the mom website, I'm applying for a 3 month TEP for my internship as it is part of my course requirement and my uni (from Malaysia) is on the list of recognized unis by mom. Just curious though, cuz my employer told me there was no service or field available for them to attach files when applying via EPOnline.

This is bullshit. Your employer HR knows nuts!!! . Step by step instructions.
Read this as you are able to attach file.
http://www.mom.gov.sg/services-forms/Pa ... stepbystep

Question is, how does mom approve or reject a person without first and foremost going through his/her personal documents? Also, they did not give a reason for the rejection.. wonder why though.

MOM will give reason. I hate to speculate but I think the HR is damn lazy or did not submit all the docs to MOM hence your rejection

Also could someone please shed some light on iSubmit and expediting an assessment/appeal of TEP? Should I proceed with iSubmit and follow up or would a trip down to MoM be better? My internship begins 4 Oct and time is really running out, please advise!
go to MOM website. You can even send it via snail mail if you want www.mom.gov.sg
Remember make sure you apply for TEP NOT TWP

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

cheezzzz

Postby cheezzzz » Thu, 23 Sep 2010 7:19 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:

My employer had all the documents required in the TEP as stated on the mom website, I'm applying for a 3 month TEP for my internship as it is part of my course requirement and my uni (from Malaysia) is on the list of recognized unis by mom. Just curious though, cuz my employer told me there was no service or field available for them to attach files when applying via EPOnline.

This is bullshit. Your employer HR knows nuts!!! . Step by step instructions.
Read this as you are able to attach file.
http://www.mom.gov.sg/services-forms/Pa ... stepbystep

Question is, how does mom approve or reject a person without first and foremost going through his/her personal documents? Also, they did not give a reason for the rejection.. wonder why though.

MOM will give reason. I hate to speculate but I think the HR is damn lazy or did not submit all the docs to MOM hence your rejection

go to MOM website. You can even send it via snail mail if you want www.mom.gov.sg
Remember make sure you apply for TEP NOT TWP

Thanks for the reply Mad Scientist :D

its the first time they are hiring interns and HR really is new to applying for TEP. They complained when using EP Online there was no field to attach files, not iSubmit. Both separate entities.. they expected to submit the scanned documents along with the application but the field for attaching files could not be found anywhere in the EP online system.

*EDIT: OH WAIT A SEC. Additional documents requested for Applications / Appeals ok I found it. you're right.. sigh.. I could've gotten my TEP approved by now if not for this...

sigh.. my deadline is really near and I've decided to take the matter into my own hands by taking all their relevant info required by mom, scanned documents and submitting them for an appeal via iSubmit.

wonder if anyone has gotten their appeal or any application expedited? Please advise!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 2:15 am

cheezzzz wrote:*EDIT: OH WAIT A SEC. Additional documents requested for Applications / Appeals ok I found it. you're right.. sigh.. I could've gotten my TEP approved by now if not for this...

wonder if anyone has gotten their appeal or any application expedited? Please advise!

Of Coz I am right !!. This is not rocket science that is why your HR knows nuts !! If you could go in personally will be best, in the norm circumstance TEP appeal should be accepted if all the docs tick the boxes. Yet again stranger things has happened recently.

Good Luck
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 7:06 pm

anshul500 wrote:@ all :

thanks for so many replies....thanks to all...

Sorry if anyone think I have attitude problem..

good thing is I have got a fantastic job here already....

But I still applied for appeal because I loved Singapore

and moreover I think I am different from local Singaporeans because :

1. I do understand Germand and French

2. I have highest recommendation from a NUS professor.

and much more.

I am happy again...waiting for my appeal result..but this time if I got it rejected, I wont be applying for re appeal again....and my HR is very positive this time :)

Did you get the appeal result yet?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 8:11 pm

JayCee wrote:Did you get the appeal result yet?

They should give you citizenship as you just qualified! :cool: Blur like sotong!

He posted his message past 7 pm last night and didn't come back to indicate if and when he actually submitted it to MOM. (probably today) It would only be today when somebody "MIGHT" have taken a look at it and that's only if they are super efficient. But again, they are public servants so I guess that answers that. Less than 24 hours have elapsed and already you want to know if he was successful? On a Friday? :roll:

:P

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 12:57 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
cheezzzz wrote:*EDIT: OH WAIT A SEC. Additional documents requested for Applications / Appeals ok I found it. you're right.. sigh.. I could've gotten my TEP approved by now if not for this...

Of Coz I am right !!. This is not rocket science that is why your HR knows nuts !! If you could go in personally will be best, in the norm circumstance TEP appeal should be accepted if all the docs tick the boxes. Yet again stranger things has happened recently.

Good Luck
Actually our company, unfortunately you are right, but directors, that are too busy to get involved is the problem as only one of them as the authority to submit. Another blunder on their part, as the company isn't yet large enough for a HR department. I can see that i may have to come out of retirement soon :roll:

My belief is that students have quite a hard time to get internships, as most people are too busy to care prioritising their own work day. I knew exactly what had happened in this case, as it was myself pushing the directors to take him on. I mean how would they like their own children treated, when its time for their kids to seek internships :wink: We all have to get involved right, its best for the Country and the people to train people and not think of themselves, but the future and breaking away from these silly traditions if they want to be progressive companies with vision.

I had the same problem while doing my full time export education in Denmark, the course being practical and theory, one had to find a willing company for the project, not an easy task convincing companies, that you are worth anything.

The cock up was that only one director had the authority to submit, and was very busy with their own schedule. But basically you are right MS its not rocket science if you really want to take on an intern or in fact employ anyone you simply read the step by step if its the first time.

Problem in a small company like ours is man management and delegation, they don't really know how to delegate and prioritise on expanding a company, believing they can do it all, in the end you have no productivity because they are all stressed out doing nothing :lol: They don't see it themselves and it scares them to give anything away, in case there are cock ups control freaks that don't like their comfort zone messed around.

Anyway I've sorted it for him, so it should all go through okay. These kids do need the support of Companies, if they are going to learn anything at grass roots and be capable. Though 3 months isn't long, its long enough to open his eyes to reality, not every graduate falls lucky with a suit job, with his own desk in a MNC, this little expanding company, needs hands on productive employees that are multi skilled and not afraid to get their hands dirty, so he will learn from the bottom with the rest of the employees, that production is the way to get rewarded in many ways than one.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 8:51 am

ksl, let us know if it gets done okay "after" he actually has the TEP. It would be nice if we could verify that it's still possible to get a TEP for a Malaysian under the current climate, knowing the odds are that the TEP holder is just going to gather the knowledge and probably return to Malaysia and use it there. :wink:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 1:17 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:ksl, let us know if it gets done okay "after" he actually has the TEP. It would be nice if we could verify that it's still possible to get a TEP for a Malaysian under the current climate, knowing the odds are that the TEP holder is just going to gather the knowledge and probably return to Malaysia and use it there. :wink:
Yes that I am aware of, though there is also a recruitment drive for Malaysians, according to newspaper reports.

We are wanting career minded fresh graduates for training long term, and would be open to Singaporean graduates too, however they come to interviews expecting not to get dirty, and want a 3k starting fee, basically they are all dreamers, and i doubt anyone of them could earn their own keep.

We don't mind rewarding performers but out of the last 4 employees, we are just wasting time and money because of attitude problems and bad habits, which are not easy to rectify.

So I'm looking at a new cultural breed of person, that will come under my own wing, they will get their hands dirty and learn from the roots on the shop floor for a couple of week in every department, if they survive and come back after graduation it will be a good starting point, for their career and character building a plus for any company the degree is not as important as the results we need so attitude and flexibility is a requirement.

Our prospects as we expand will be supervised in their learning experience, before anything is handed over to them, they will have to learn what its like to be on the shop floor with the workers, before they get any upgrade but it is for their own good in the long run.

I don't know how true it is, but i heard that all degree holders become officers in NS hence they want to be leaders, without doing the grass roots training in the field, which doesn't make sense to me.

A new era for us hopefully.
Last edited by ksl on Sat, 25 Sep 2010 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

anneteoh

Postby anneteoh » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 4:39 pm

My employer had all the documents required in the TEP as stated on the mom website, I'm applying for a 3 month TEP for my internship as it is part of my course requirement and my uni (from Malaysia) is on the list of recognized unis by mom. Just curious though, cuz my employer told me there was no service or field available for them to attach files when applying via EPOnline. Question is, how does mom approve or reject a person without first and foremost going through his/her personal documents? Also, they did not give a reason for the rejection.. wonder why though.

Your sos was directed to me due to the obvious reason that you responded to my previous post. I sensed the urgency of your need for guidelines but I would have no direct knowledge of this matter except to ask you to try again, ensuring you submit the correct documents and double checking that you have. You can do this by asking for an acknowledgement and MOM should inform you if there're any missing papers.

You sound like a genuine talent with a good command of English and an honest and polite character. I have heard from a passer-by I met in SG that his application for teaching was rejected because there were some flaws either in his statements that did not match or in previous objectionable activities. He soon got a job in the US, being a Maths graduate with a PHD qualification.

Iam aware that there's a rigorous vetting system for job prospectors in SG, something which I personally admire because there are a lot of quacks around these days. But sometimes, they can make wrong decisions too. So trust yourself when you're sure you have done everything to the book.

In your case, you already have some very sound people responding to your sos, if you can take some of the uncalled for rudeness and use of very harsh language which is uncalled for in every way; unless your irked on their irritability when they're doing highly pressurized jobs.

It's not entirely your fault and you've done well to follow up the issues as far as I can see. You're a young graduate and the world outside academia can be rough and tough; sometimes full of the wiles of competitive businesses. You will need strength of mind, integrity of character and absolute self-confidence to hold your fort. In SG, you need to always strive to be outstanding and aim for cutting edge innovations with results.

I really wish you all the best and hope you're in good hands for you deserve it. But be prepared for great challenges ahead and always stay positive and constructive. Welcome to the world of corporate culture - mind you, if you do well and stay in one place, you'll reap the rewards over the years.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 6:16 pm

anneteoh wrote:.

In your case, you already have some very sound people responding to your sos, if you can take some of the uncalled for rudeness and use of very harsh language which is uncalled for in every way; unless your irked on their irritability when they're doing highly pressurized jobs.

Anneteoh

I would sincerely suggest to read the post from beginning b4 making any comments. I do not accept your comments neither am I pleased with your intention to ruffle my feathers. I do this without any fear nor favours, I believe SMS, SE and many others here do it for the fact that if they can make someone life better , we will do it.
Do you know how many PM I get a week just on NS issues alone ?
Rather than trying your very hard to be a GOOD SAMARITAN in the eyes of OP, I would sincerely suggest you read about astrology or astronomy where you are better off to have a good conversation with the stars and the moon
If you find my comments rude .....too bad...

anneteoh

Postby anneteoh » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 7:57 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
anneteoh wrote:.

Anneteoh

I would sincerely suggest to read the post from beginning b4 making any comments. I do not accept your comments neither am I pleased with your intention to ruffle my feathers. I do this without any fear nor favours, I believe SMS, SE and many others here do it for the fact that if they can make someone life better , we will do it.
Do you know how many PM I get a week just on NS issues alone ?
Rather than trying your very hard to be a GOOD SAMARITAN in the eyes of OP, I would sincerely suggest you read about astrology or astronomy where you are better off to have a good conversation with the stars and the moon
If you find my comments rude .....too bad...

I used to think well of you but I don't now. You can heap your insults all you like, after being in a couple of forums, I can see that's what some people do. I don't try to be anything than other than what I am and I'm not subject to your interpretation. You're rather good at throwing your tantrum at those who need your help. Why bother if you're that stressed out already?

As far as I'm concerned, I was relating to this guy who was in distress and was genuinely nice. I was also extremely busy and was unable to get back to his post immediately but it was at the back of my mind - beacuse his request was so sincere. The last thing he needed was being told he's a "bullshit." That was uncalled for but if he did pm you, it was not apparent in the posts.

I am aware of the help rendered by SMS , ksl and a few others in this thread and this guy reciprocated with his thanks. Some of them have more than help by responding with a lot of sincere details and even some oomph and humour which helps in the situation of those in distress. They are just being themselves and they don't have to play gods. What's below is above.

In fact, I made a general comment and really, had no recollection of you as a person, except for the expletive which is blase, but it's a common slang for some who are used to it.

Besides, I'm not even competing with you, and if this post wasn't sent to me, I wouldn't have responded. So relax and have a drink with your mates.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 9:00 pm

The last thing he needed was being told he's a "bullshit." That was uncalled for but if he did pm you, it was not apparent in the posts.
Anneteoh MS didn't call him anything! I think maybe you misunderstood the sentence! He was referring to the person who submitted the application. which I agree with. It was also my first thought when the rejection came, that the person never submitted the documents. I rang the person for confirmation, as I made the training plan out myself.

Only one person had authority to submit, That's why the other person couldn't even login, I new even before it was submitted that it wouldn't be done correctly. :roll: Though the day is saved its all completed today.