Singapore Expats Forum

EP Rejected-Suggestion needed

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

anshul500
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 04 Sep 2010

EP Rejected-Suggestion needed

Postby anshul500 » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 9:49 pm

Hello Everyone

I really need someone to advise me.

Actualy I am a recent graduate in Engineering from one of the best college of India and have done my internships in France, Singapore, Germany and India. I was also head of few social events and societies. During my campus placements, I got a job in US and France. however, during my internship in Singapore, my professor was happy with me work and he offered me job in his company. Due to some personnel reasons, I accepted his offer over that two campus companies.

However on 31st August, my EP was denied. I am getting salary little more than 3K.

Can anyone suggest me what to do?

We are appealing by tuesday.
Actually I did not submitted my degree and wrote wrong spelling of my College. My HR says shd had a talk with MOM officers and this can be the possible reason for my denial.

However, can anyone guide me more? I mean what other things should be taken care for while appealing?

does it make any difference to apply online or manually?

I still have my TEP pass valid...does that create problem? I mean a person who is on TEP cannot be issued EP before TEP expiry? Is it so?

I am totally frustated. Please do suggest what to do. I was one of the most intelligent student of my class but sadly jobless for last 24 days :(

-anshul

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: EP Rejected....Suggestion needed

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 10:47 pm

anshul500 wrote:Due to some personnel reasons, I accepted his offer over that two campus companies.

What is a two campus company? :???:

However on 31st August, my EP was denied. I am getting salary little more than 3K.

Did you mean you were offered a little more than 3K or are you working illegally at the moment?


I would assume you tried to apply for an EP. Did the HR person tick the "will you consider an "s" pass if found unqualified for the EP? If that wasn't ticked, then if your application, while possibly suitable for an SP, was not requested to be considered for either/or.

Actually I did not submitted my degree and wrote wrong spelling of my College.

Seems to be a vast gulf between how you actually write (above) and what you think of yourself (below)

I was one of the most intelligent student of my class but sadly jobless for last 24 days :(

Might have a bearing on why your were rejected as well. Frankly I don't know. But you must have everything at your fingertips if you go to see the MOM officer.



sms

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: EP Rejected....Suggestion needed

Postby singaporeflyer » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 11:18 pm

anshul500 wrote:Hello Everyone

I really need someone to advise me.

Actualy I am a recent graduate in Engineering from one of the best college of India and have done my internships in France, Singapore, Germany and India. I was also head of few social events and societies. During my campus placements, I got a job in US and France. however, during my internship in Singapore, my professor was happy with me work and he offered me job in his company. Due to some personnel reasons, I accepted his offer over that two campus companies.

However on 31st August, my EP was denied. I am getting salary little more than 3K.

Can anyone suggest me what to do?

We are appealing by tuesday.
Actually I did not submitted my degree and wrote wrong spelling of my College. My HR says shd had a talk with MOM officers and this can be the possible reason for my denial.

However, can anyone guide me more? I mean what other things should be taken care for while appealing?

does it make any difference to apply online or manually?

I still have my TEP pass valid...does that create problem? I mean a person who is on TEP cannot be issued EP before TEP expiry? Is it so?

I am totally frustated. Please do suggest what to do. I was one of the most intelligent student of my class but sadly jobless for last 24 days :(

-anshul



How many years of past working experience do you have?

anshul500
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 04 Sep 2010

Postby anshul500 » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 11:25 pm

Halliburton, (Mumbai/Texas)

ST Microelectronics ( Paris)

Nopes....I was not working illegally.....I came to Singapore as Research Assistant at NUS for 3 months from June-15th September....I was on TEP...

But I completed my work in around 2 months...published a paper in ieee.....So I came back to India...in these two months, I got a job and my HR applied for my EP on 25th august...

yeah I made a major mistake....I wrote Delhi University instead of University of Delhi :(
Secondly, my HR said tht m degree can be submitted at later stage also :(

I will not work under "s" pass...I mean I cant do a job less than 3k...

I am thinking that if my EP is rejected again, I will ask my HR to call me for 6 months internship under Training Employment Pass and in that 6 months, I will explore my contacts and will make a safely exit.

what you say?

can I have your cell number and email id if you dont mind?

my email id is anshulagarwal@dce.ac.in

please I need to talk you to on one to one basis as I will be sending all the documents to my HR by Monday.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 11:38 pm

anshul500 wrote:Halliburton, (Mumbai/Texas)

ST Microelectronics ( Paris)

Nopes....I was not working illegally.....I came to Singapore as Research Assistant at NUS for 3 months from June-15th September....I was on TEP...

But I completed my work in around 2 months...published a paper in ieee.....So I came back to India...in these two months, I got a job and my HR applied for my EP on 25th august...

yeah I made a major mistake....I wrote Delhi University instead of University of Delhi :(
Secondly, my HR said tht m degree can be submitted at later stage also :(

I will not work under "s" pass...I mean I cant do a job less than 3k...

I am thinking that if my EP is rejected again, I will ask my HR to call me for 6 months internship under Training Employment Pass and in that 6 months, I will explore my contacts and will make a safely exit.

what you say?

can I have your cell number and email id if you dont mind?

my email id is anshulagarwal@dce.ac.in

please I need to talk you to on one to one basis as I will be sending all the documents to my HR by Monday.



Can you please check with your HR on the reason of rejection. In certain cases MOM gives the reason of rejection to the company.

How long was your past TEP applied for and you left within 3 months?

If your experience is less than 2-3 years then that might be one of the reasons for the rejection of EP.

You can anyway try for an appeal through the HR of the company

Also note that unless for Manual EP application, MOM will not require your degree certificate.

It would be requested only after the approval of the EP (while collection of EP during the first time) or must be provided if requested specifically during processing during the EP application.

anshul500
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 04 Sep 2010

Re: EP Rejected....Suggestion needed

Postby anshul500 » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 11:39 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
anshul500 wrote:Hello Everyone

I really need someone to advise me.

Actualy I am a recent graduate in Engineering from one of the best college of India and have done my internships in France, Singapore, Germany and India. I was also head of few social events and societies. During my campus placements, I got a job in US and France. however, during my internship in Singapore, my professor was happy with me work and he offered me job in his company. Due to some personnel reasons, I accepted his offer over that two campus companies.

However on 31st August, my EP was denied. I am getting salary little more than 3K.

Can anyone suggest me what to do?

We are appealing by tuesday.
Actually I did not submitted my degree and wrote wrong spelling of my College. My HR says shd had a talk with MOM officers and this can be the possible reason for my denial.

However, can anyone guide me more? I mean what other things should be taken care for while appealing?

does it make any difference to apply online or manually?

I still have my TEP pass valid...does that create problem? I mean a person who is on TEP cannot be issued EP before TEP expiry? Is it so?

I am totally frustated. Please do suggest what to do. I was one of the most intelligent student of my class but sadly jobless for last 24 days :(

-anshul



How many years of past working experience do you have?




ZERO ( but that should be the problem as many Singapore companies visit our college every year to offer job to final year students and every year around 10 students join them, without any problem )

anshul500
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 04 Sep 2010

Postby anshul500 » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 11:45 pm

Can you please check with your HR on the reason of rejection. In certain cases MOM gives the reason of rejection to the company.

How long was your past TEP applied for and you left within 3 months?

If your experience is less than 2-3 years then that might be one of the reasons for the rejection of EP.

You can anyway try for an appeal through the HR of the company

Also note that unless for Manual EP application, MOM will not require your degree certificate.

It would be requested only after the approval of the EP (while collection of EP during the first time) or must be provided if requested specifically during processing during the EP application.[/quote]

MY HR send me following mail :

I have checked with MOM.
The officer advised me to submit an appeal letter stating the wrong declaration of the name of institution, together with following documents:
1) copy of your degree certificate with the correct name of University (scan and email it to me)
2) copy of employment contract (I will get it done)
3) Testimony from the institute (NUS) pertinent to your current Training EP (can you get one asap? unless you already have)
4) copy of any other documents that you think are of importance to support our appeal.

My TEP was from 15th June to 15th September...but I left Singapore on 8th august....yes, my TEP was applied for 3 months only...

I dont know..but many students who r less talented than me, get into Singapore easily. They dont have any work ex either ..y this happened to me only ??:(

had I known that my EP can be rejected, I would never have resigned from my US company :( :(

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Sun, 05 Sep 2010 8:12 am

anshul500 wrote:Can you please check with your HR on the reason of rejection. In certain cases MOM gives the reason of rejection to the company.

How long was your past TEP applied for and you left within 3 months?

If your experience is less than 2-3 years then that might be one of the reasons for the rejection of EP.

You can anyway try for an appeal through the HR of the company

Also note that unless for Manual EP application, MOM will not require your degree certificate.

It would be requested only after the approval of the EP (while collection of EP during the first time) or must be provided if requested specifically during processing during the EP application.


MY HR send me following mail :

I have checked with MOM.
The officer advised me to submit an appeal letter stating the wrong declaration of the name of institution, together with following documents:
1) copy of your degree certificate with the correct name of University (scan and email it to me)
2) copy of employment contract (I will get it done)
3) Testimony from the institute (NUS) pertinent to your current Training EP (can you get one asap? unless you already have)
4) copy of any other documents that you think are of importance to support our appeal.

My TEP was from 15th June to 15th September...but I left Singapore on 8th august....yes, my TEP was applied for 3 months only...

I dont know..but many students who r less talented than me, get into Singapore easily. They dont have any work ex either ..y this happened to me only ??:(

It is time now to see how you can appeal for an EP and not to comment on others. This is not fair... Don't assume or try to judge others....


had I known that my EP can be rejected, I would never have resigned from my US company :( :(

It is your fault. You should not have resigned before getting your EP.

Try for an appeal

No Experience might have been a reason for rejection.


[/quote]

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 05 Sep 2010 8:16 am

Anshul,

I'm afraid the answer is right in front of you. You just stated the reason in your last post. You have ZERO experience!

Give me one good reason, with the current backlash against foreigners here, that they (the MOM) should give you an Employment Pass or S pass even (which is not limited to 1800/mo - I know S pass holder who make in excess of 4K/mo).

You cannot offer anything different than any local graduate with the same qualifications can offer. Unless you have something substantially "MORE" to offer that cannot be found here locally, I'm afraid you are out of luck and the appeal is going to be a waste of time. But, I guess there is no harm in trying. You would have been better off reading the local newspapers while you were here to get an idea of what is happening on the ground. Give it a shot, but don't hold your breath as I don't think the outcome is going to be positive.

Experience is the only thing that would differentiate you from the locals and unfortunately, you don't have any.

sms

observer
Regular
Regular
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed, 13 Jan 2010

Postby observer » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 11:29 pm

And a bad attitude to boot. Evidently you are not the superstar you think you are.
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34783
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Sep 2010 12:04 am

Nah, not a bad attitude, just a whiner.

User avatar
DeClpher
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 01 Sep 2010

Postby DeClpher » Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:48 pm

anshul500 - You may be book smart but when it comes to common sense, you have ZERO. e.g. Filled in"'Delhi Uni" instead of ''Uni of Delhi". This is a silly mistake. You also have attitute problem. Don't think too highly of yourself buddy!

You didn't submit the important educational doc and testimonials? No wonder your EP got rejected. :roll:
DeClpher

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3457
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 08 Sep 2010 4:32 am

anshul500 wrote:I dont know..but many students who r less talented than me, get into Singapore easily. They dont have any work ex either ..y this happened to me only ??:(

had I known that my EP can be rejected, I would never have resigned from my US company :( :(



OP , you think you are Larger than Life , please be prepared for rejection. From your posts, you have this memememe syndrome.
How and what MOM does on approval and rejection we are not able to tell you accurately. We can second guess from evidence here. If you tick all the boxes , you will be approve.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

anshul500
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat, 04 Sep 2010

Postby anshul500 » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 2:18 am

@ all :

thanks for so many replies....thanks to all...

Sorry if anyone think I have attitude problem..

good thing is I have got a fantastic job here already....

But I still applied for appeal because I loved Singapore

and moreover I think I am different from local Singaporeans because :

1. I do understand Germand and French

2. I have highest recommendation from a NUS professor.

and much more.

I am happy again...waiting for my appeal result..but this time if I got it rejected, I wont be applying for re appeal again....and my HR is very positive this time :)

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1429
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 3:31 pm

anshul500 wrote:
1. I do understand Germand and French

2. I have highest recommendation from a NUS professor.


You are over confident. Highest recommendation from a NUS professor is not a mandate for MOM to issue you an EP. All MOM wants is good educational background, past work experience and skills that are not easily found in Singapore. If you know to speak German and French and if it is no way related to the job that you are going to take up, it will surely not be an value add for your EP Application.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest