Singapore Expats Forum

Single, Male, looking for a new perspective...

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
lifeisgood

Single, Male, looking for a new perspective...

Postby lifeisgood » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 3:30 am

Hi there,

Is anyone out there who likes dinners out, movies, some regional travel, maybe some golf at a very beginner's level ?

Drop me a line - I am keen to start afresh, meet some great new people and see where life takes me...
Last edited by lifeisgood on Mon, 20 Sep 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elsie268

Interested in making friends, too

Postby elsie268 » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 1:32 pm

Hi lifeisgood,

I'm relatively new here and want to make new friends, too. I'm female, 40, American. I like a lot of the things you listed - so thought I'd reply and see if we might chat a bit. I tried to do a PM to you, but I don't have any posts, so I was struck down! See if you can PM me so we exchange email addresses.

Hope to hear from you!

lifeisgood

Postby lifeisgood » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 1:36 pm

Hi Elsie,

Doh - my PM access is blocked too. My email address is lifeisgood.sin@gmail.com

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 04 Sep 2010 2:38 pm

The PM 'send' facility only activates after you have made five posts. This is primarily for spam control.

whiZZ_nixZZ

Re: 44, Single, Male, looking for a new perspective...

Postby whiZZ_nixZZ » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 11:55 am

lifeisgood wrote:Hi there,

After a long marriage I find myself single all of a sudden. Here I am, a Singapore resident of 4 years, English / Australian background, trying to make sense of it and determined to move on and start a new life.

Is anyone out there who likes dinners out, movies, some regional travel, maybe some golf at a very beginner's level ?

I'm a fun, optimistic 40-something and I love living up here in Asia in the heat, humidity, confusion and spontaneous organised conformity.

Drop me a line - I am keen to start afresh, meet some great new people and see where life takes me...

Well, i know how you feel.. But cheer up bro. AM sure there's sumone who make your day and kill your loneliness..

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 1:24 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation, but there are lots of people here in the same situation. My suggestion to make the most of it is to organise some meet-ups of your own or to join the one's that others organise - there is a FB group somewhere around here. Best way to meet people.

TanyaDXB

Hi

Postby TanyaDXB » Tue, 07 Sep 2010 12:37 am

Oh wow...ive been through a divorce too - but don't worry - time heals all wounds!

Would love to catch up to help you start afresh!

Please email me on tanya.rehman@hotmail.com

Grace_Chua

Postby Grace_Chua » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 3:32 pm

r u a big fan of golf?because I just start to learn and I'm very in to it

also like movie too ?

maybe you can ping me or drop me an email:eriko0926@hotmail.com

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 44, Single, Male, looking for a new perspective...

Postby JR8 » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 5:38 pm

lifeisgood wrote:Hi there,

After a long marriage I find myself single all of a sudden. Here I am, a Singapore resident of 4 years, English / Australian background, trying to make sense of it and determined to move on and start a new life.

I'm a fun, optimistic 40-something and I love living up here in Asia in the heat, humidity, confusion and spontaneous organised conformity.

Good luck LIG. I too initiated and got divorced in a foreign country quite some time ago and it scared the hell out of me, fighting a war on her home turf.

Please just believe that in time it will heal.
(If howver she inititiated divrorce against you, then I'd say ... well tough luck buddy, you make your bed etc)