By this time tomorrow you should have enough answers with enough variance to confuse you permanently.intime0 wrote:I have some questions I hope someone can answer.
1. What is the bottom line price for a maid? Including the payment to the government, the maids salary, incidentals, health insurance, . Every possible fee.
Generally, if you allow a round figure of S$1000/mo you will be all right. This will cover all the fees as well as approx costs of food increases, gifts, bonuses, and other incidentals.
2. Is there REALLY a $5000 bond? Who can afford that? Who is able to put that up and not receive it back until they are done with their maid?
Yes there is. Most of the people who should be the ones who can afford the $1000/mo costs. However, few put up the cash, rather the bond is usually covered by a insurance policy. Your agent will handle the details. The premium you will pay.
3. Are you always responsible for a trip to their homeland?
If you want to keep your maid.
4. Is it cheaper to go through an agency or do it yourself? And do you have some suggestions or lists of agencies. I only found one.
5. Is a transfer maid the better way to go, in your opinion?
It depends where she is transferring from.
6. A thread mentioned another thread where there was a list of questions to ask a potential hire. I was not able to find the list. can someone direct me?
Use common sense.
7. WHat happens if you hire a maid, pay all the fees, the doctor check up, etc, and she's not a good fit?
If it's a valid complaint, you can go to the agent and discuss a replacement and the charges that will entail.
8. I've never had a live in maid, so can you tell me what you can expect them to do? Do you give them lists, require a set amount, etc. What exactly do you do?
If you have never had a live in maid, do you really need one? If you have used a maid before, same duties I would reckon. The only difference is she doesn't go home at night, but retires to her quarters.
9. If I dont need them for child care, but do have children, will that make it harder to find one?
Thank you for your time. I really appreciate anyone taking the time to answer my questions and help me figure out if this is in our budget and a good fit for our family. If there is anything else we should know, please share your advice.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests