Singapore Expats Forum

Outlets for Second hand toys??

SAHMs / WAHMs tell us how you are coping.
Lonsdale

Outlets for Second hand toys??

Postby Lonsdale » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 5:25 am

Hi. Just relocating and have been shocked by how expensive kids stuff is!! Where we live in UK has a huge depot shop for the selling on of good condition second hand toys. Does anyone know of a similar type thing anywhere in sing?? Thanks

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 8:42 am

ebay or there is a toy rental club here

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Sep 2010 12:26 pm

I think that toy rental place (run by a couple of expats I believe) has closed it's doors. I cannot verify that thought as I forgot the name. A search of the forum might turn it up though if anybody is really interested.

happycraftstore

Postby happycraftstore » Mon, 27 Sep 2010 11:05 am

Try the heartland malls, they have those shops like Kiddy Palace; departmental store or Popular Bookstore carries toys at reasonable price too :)

HTH.
Mummy to Lilo & Stitch

meiy

Postby meiy » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:49 am

I think the toy rental club referred to is located at Pasir Panjang www.toyrentalclub.com

I just rented a balance bike from them not too long ago, they have scaled down their operations but still around.

You may want to look out for the twins plus annual garage sale, they have a huge number of second hand toys for sale, but it's usually in oct and you have to go early for good buys. otherwise, search online for mummy forums or classifieds, I usually find good buys there for second hand toys.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Outlets for Second hand toys??

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 15 Feb 2011 1:23 pm

Lonsdale wrote:Hi. Just relocating and have been shocked by how expensive kids stuff is!! Where we live in UK has a huge depot shop for the selling on of good condition second hand toys. Does anyone know of a similar type thing anywhere in sing?? Thanks

Try cash convertors, and try the different outlets :D You will be amazed by what you can find there ..