Singapore Expats

My PR application was rejected within 25 days

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Worriedspouse

Post by Worriedspouse » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:01 pm

Yes we will do that. But if the case is rejected, then it wouldn't show withdrawn on the system right? Is withdrawn better than being rejected??

Worriedspouse

Post by Worriedspouse » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:03 pm

My 2 kids are Singapore Citizen at birth!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:08 pm

Worriedspouse wrote:Yes we will do that. But if the case is rejected, then it wouldn't show withdrawn on the system right? Is withdrawn better than being rejected??
My dear worried spouse, first of all, only you can withdraw your application. If there are two application , one will be withdrawn, and they will tell you to submit the snail mail application in person or whatever.
If you withdraw then your application start afresh the next time

If you have been rejected, the same folder stays with you until you are approved or reapply or appeal

You have not answered my questions how are we going to advise you. Many forumers here pose questions with minor details and expect us to second guess or mind reading what is it in their mind. You are afraid to open your gut in the open but now your wound requires open surgery !!
I am not a MIND READER.
If I am one , I will tell you when the next lottery will hit !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Worriedspouse

Post by Worriedspouse » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 12:25 pm

Hi, I have said that my 2 kids were born in SG n holding the red passport. I do not remember the person giving me the extension off hand but I do have everything in record. We did not apply thru any other source. We applied only by ourselves and has only submitted the one and only application.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 2:13 pm

I would assume common sense is totally absent in you linguistic capabilities. When ICA tells you that you can sent the information in "any time" that doesn't mean 6 months later. Obviously, there would be a time constraint as most overseas visits are only for a couple of weeks or a month at best, it would seem that you PR application "expired" due to no input from yourself. If you don't timely reply to ICA requests, they they will consider the application as being withdrawn by the filer, e.g., yourself.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Worriedspouse

Post by Worriedspouse » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 5:19 pm

In my request to them for the extension, I clearly mention to them the date of when I will be back in town for the submission. And the reply from them was: 'You may walk in anytime from Monday to Friday at what time to what time.' Also, like I mentioned previously, I receive a call from the processing officer, verifying some issues with regards to the application, a month after I submitted the documents!!!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 6:23 pm

Worriedspouse wrote:Hi, I have said that my 2 kids were born in SG n holding the red passport. I do not remember the person giving me the extension off hand but I do have everything in record. We did not apply thru any other source. We applied only by ourselves and has only submitted the one and only application.
Yeah you wrote have two kids but did not state they are Sger. There are some who did just that .
OK... this is what you do. Photocopy the email between yourself and the ICA officer. Go to Citizen Advise Bureau talk to officer "under PR application under spouse" Definitely your hubby was given a FIN number or assigned number and query on the withdrawal. Please bring hubby and yourself. Passport on the dates that you are not here etc...
Worse case hubby will get LTSVP . Can change to EP if found job then reapply PR under spouse. You will be fine, it may take longer but no real drama. I believe you have a house here, paying tax and married for sometime so the only real issue is when to get PR NOT when to apply PR
Capsice ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Worriedspouse

Post by Worriedspouse » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 6:47 pm

Hi everyone... My hubby got the letter from ICA saying that his PR has been approved! Thank u to everyone who has given me advise.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:29 pm

Worriedspouse wrote:Hi everyone... My hubby got the letter from ICA saying that his PR has been approved! Thank u to everyone who has given me advise.
Congrats on the approval for your husbands PR application. What details did you provide and what did you do to change the status from Withdrawn to approved?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:09 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Worriedspouse wrote:Hi everyone... My hubby got the letter from ICA saying that his PR has been approved! Thank u to everyone who has given me advise.
Congrats on the approval for your husbands PR application. What details did you provide and what did you do to change the status from Withdrawn to approved?
Why? you think it's going to make any difference to the next person? Did you bother to listen to the news last night, today in Parliament, today's newspapers? It's gonna be the luck of the draw.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:23 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Why? you think it's going to make any difference to the next person? Did you bother to listen to the news last night, today in Parliament, today's newspapers? It's gonna be the luck of the draw.
Why do you say it is the luck of the draw?

Asked this question as this is the first time I heard that the status changed from Withdrawn to approved.So I asked.

Worriedspouse

Post by Worriedspouse » Fri, 17 Sep 2010 11:37 pm

Hi, We did nothing!! I call up ICA again and they gave me the direct number of the PR dept. The officer at the PR dept told me that the case is in process and not withdrawn. And she told me that from the mainline the officer there cant see the full details on the status. And told me to wait for the outcome via post.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 18 Sep 2010 2:08 am

As I said before there is actually no major drama based on the facts that you provide. It is just a matter of time. You worried for no apparent reason.