Singapore Expats Forum

My PR application was rejected within 25 days

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jameelbaaz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 27 Aug 2010
Location: Singapore

My PR application was rejected within 25 days

Postby jameelbaaz » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 3:05 pm

Hi

I applied my PR in oct 2008 it was rejected in Nov 2008 with no timeline
when to apply Then I called ICA they say I can apply after 6 months so,
I applied again with my wife now holding dependant pass in July 31st 2010
& agin it is rejected onm 23 Aug within 25 Days not even a months & still dont have timeline I call again they say to apply same after 6 months

My Question is can I apply after 6 months or wait 1 years if I apply after
6 Months it is in March or APril 2011

Personal Details : Iam holding S PASS,residing in singapore 2007 Aug i.e 3 Years already ,working as Senior Graphic Designer , Please give me your advice sal 2.6 K

Thanks
Enjoy Life !

User avatar
Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 07 Feb 2007
Location: Hong Kong (bye bye SG!)

Postby Asdracles » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 4:27 pm

Difficult to give any advice. I also called ICA first time I got a letter without timeline and they told me that if nothing is stated you can apply after 6 months.

But also I should say that usually the most clear rejection cases are the quickest to reject, so I would say that you don't have too high chances. 25 days is really really really short period when most of the people get rejected after 3 months minimum

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Postby Saint » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 4:43 pm

25 day is very quick for rejection. I would hazard a guess that the application form wasn't filled in correctly.

Have you been married all the time while you've been in Singapore?

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: My PR application was rejected within 25 days

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 27 Aug 2010 6:36 pm

jameelbaaz wrote:Hi

I applied my PR in oct 2008 it was rejected in Nov 2008 with no timeline
when to apply Then I called ICA they say I can apply after 6 months so,
I applied again with my wife now holding dependant pass in July 31st 2010
& agin it is rejected onm 23 Aug within 25 Days not even a months & still dont have timeline I call again they say to apply same after 6 months

My Question is can I apply after 6 months or wait 1 years if I apply after
6 Months it is in March or APril 2011

Personal Details : Iam holding S PASS,residing in singapore 2007 Aug i.e 3 Years already ,working as Senior Graphic Designer , Please give me your advice sal 2.6 K

Thanks


1.When were you married? If recently married or if your wife is in SG recently <1year?

2.is it possible for you to be upgraded to a Q1 pass through an appeal to MOM if you meet their educational requirements? This will enhance your chances after a year

3. Do you have kids and did you include them in the PR application?

4. Try to reapply after 1 year. If possible get your wife an employment in SG to prove she is contributing to SG.

Good Luck !

SF

jameelbaaz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 27 Aug 2010
Location: Singapore

Re: My PR application was rejected within 25 days

Postby jameelbaaz » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 12:58 pm

jameelbaaz wrote:Hi

I applied my PR in oct 2008 it was rejected in Nov 2008 with no timeline
when to apply Then I called ICA they say I can apply after 6 months so,
I applied again with my wife now holding dependant pass in July 31st 2010
& agin it is rejected onm 23 Aug within 25 Days not even a months & still dont have timeline I call again they say to apply same after 6 months

My Question is can I apply after 6 months or wait 1 years if I apply after
6 Months it is in March or APril 2011

Personal Details : Iam holding S PASS,residing in singapore 2007 Aug i.e 3 Years already ,working as Senior Graphic Designer , Please give me your advice sal 2.6 K

Thanks


I have done 1 mistake my S Pass is going to expire of Nov 20 2010
and I applied on July 31st 2010
but my boss supported me and gave suppoting letter ! and He is
going to renew my Pass May be I will ask him to apply for Q1 Pass

I have married in 2009
my wife is with me in Singapore from Feb 2010
Thanks for your kind reply
Enjoy Life !

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35178
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 28 Aug 2010 1:06 pm

Odds are they think your marriage is a Marriage of Convenience.

esteelauder
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 01 Aug 2010

PR Application

Postby esteelauder » Sun, 29 Aug 2010 9:56 am

it same goes w/ me.. last year on 2009, i was applying my PR and it was rejected without "Reason". not even state when i can re-apply again.. its so exhausted... i dont even whats when wrong w/ my PR Application....
anyway until now i havnt re-apply again LOL~~...

Worriedspouse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 11 Sep 2010

Spouse's PR

Postby Worriedspouse » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 4:39 pm

Hi there, I am a Singapore Citizen and so are my 2 kids. A gal and a boy. My hubby applied for his PR in Oct 2009 and by Nov 2009 ICA send a letter asking for my info. We were out of town so we ask for an extension and they reply saying we can submit the info any time. So we submitted the additional documents in May 2010. Today when I call ICA they say the application was withdrawn!!! Has anyone come across the same situation? Cause 2 weeks ago when I call ICA they say it is under processing but now it is withdrawn!! Please help!!

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Spouse's PR

Postby singaporeflyer » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:05 pm

Worriedspouse wrote:Hi there, I am a Singapore Citizen and so are my 2 kids. A gal and a boy. My hubby applied for his PR in Oct 2009 and by Nov 2009 ICA send a letter asking for my info. We were out of town so we ask for an extension and they reply saying we can submit the info any time. So we submitted the additional documents in May 2010. Today when I call ICA they say the application was withdrawn!!! Has anyone come across the same situation? Cause 2 weeks ago when I call ICA they say it is under processing but now it is withdrawn!! Please help!!


I think you have to go personally down to ICA and meet an officer and check why the application was withdrawn?

Also can I assume that your hubby applied for his PR under the spouse sponsorship category?

Worriedspouse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 11 Sep 2010

Postby Worriedspouse » Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:32 pm

Hi there, My husband has been on S pass since 2007. And he apply on his own merit with the company sponsoring him.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 10:51 am

Worriedspouse wrote:Hi there, My husband has been on S pass since 2007. And he apply on his own merit with the company sponsoring him.


Did he change companies while the PR application was in progress or what pass is he on currently?

Worriedspouse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 11 Sep 2010

Postby Worriedspouse » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:03 am

No, he didn't. He has been with the same company. I have never come across a withdrawn case. Normally, they either reject or approve right?

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Re: Spouse's PR

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:14 am

Worriedspouse wrote:Hi there, I am a Singapore Citizen and so are my 2 kids. A gal and a boy. My hubby applied for his PR in Oct 2009 and by Nov 2009 ICA send a letter asking for my info. We were out of town so we ask for an extension and they reply saying we can submit the info any time. So we submitted the additional documents in May 2010. Today when I call ICA they say the application was withdrawn!!! Has anyone come across the same situation? Cause 2 weeks ago when I call ICA they say it is under processing but now it is withdrawn!! Please help!!


Kids born here or not ? Sger or PR or dependent Pass

Out of town for how long that you only submit it in May 2010

Who gave you the extension ; person name ?
There is no online extension for PR application ?
How can it be withdrawn is either you apply one thru one party and another one thru MP or on line. They will withdraw one of it and told you to reapply
Another scenario is the extension is normally about 3 months hence it has been withdrawn
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Worriedspouse
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 11 Sep 2010

Postby Worriedspouse » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:42 am

Hi, I have the email from ICA saying that I can submit the documents at anytime when we are available. So I do not think that is an issue. Also, a month after I submitted the documents the officer in charge of my hubby case call up for some verifications. Very friendly officer. We applied only once .

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 11:48 am

Worriedspouse wrote:Hi, I have the email from ICA saying that I can submit the documents at anytime when we are available. So I do not think that is an issue. Also, a month after I submitted the documents the officer in charge of my hubby case call up for some verifications. Very friendly officer. We applied only once .


Then your husband should go to ICA personally, meet an officer and ask for the reason. Better to go in person than emailing


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest