Singapore Expats Forum

How long should I wait to reapply for SP :) ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
rjn210

How long should I wait to reapply for SP :) ?

Postby rjn210 » Sat, 21 Aug 2010 12:36 pm

Dear all,

I have any queries on the SPR application process, and would like to know.
My case is:
I was a student studying in Singapore in major Business Administration (as my family's wish) and had been given Student Pass for a year. Then I decided to cancel my current one to change into my favorite major Banking and Finance. Unfortunately that I had to change the school because the previous school doesn't teach Banking and Finance. My Student Pass was canceled at 19th of March, 2010 and my Social Visit Pass valid until 1/5/2010.
However, my attendance was below 80% and I was rejected to go to the new school at the date April, 25th, 2010. I had reasons why I missed the class so I wrote the appeal letter to ICA Officer. My appeal letter was rejected at 20th of May.
I really want to study in Singapore because It has good facilities of Education. Moreover, it's near my country Vietnam so that I can get in touch with my family easier than the other countries.
I have the query is that: How long do I usually need to wait to reapply for the Student Pass, whether I have to wait six months since my student pass canceled or from the last day of my Social Visit Pass, or I have to wait 3 months from the day My appeal letter rejected.
Hope to see your reply soon. :?

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Sat, 21 Aug 2010 1:44 pm

Try Australia dude. There it doesnt matter whether you have attendance or not. Return on Investment on your education is much higher. You can work as a fruit picker and still make a better living than in SG. Getting PR is also easy.Thats why people from poor countries go there to do crazy courses like hair dressers, Cooking etc :D

sundaymorningstaple

Re: How long should I wait to reapply for SP :) ?

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 21 Aug 2010 2:07 pm

rjn210 wrote: However, my attendance was below 80% and I was rejected to go to the new school at the date April, 25th, 2010. I had reasons why I missed the class so I wrote the appeal letter to ICA Officer. My appeal letter was rejected at 20th of May.

Did they invite you to reapply later? If not, and your appeal was rejected, don't bother. Would have to agree with revhappy for a change, go to Australia.

rjn210

Postby rjn210 » Sat, 21 Aug 2010 2:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Did they invite you to reapply later? If not, and your appeal was rejected, don't bother. Would have to agree with revhappy for a change, go to Australia.

Yeah, my school invite me back. But I have no idea I can be approved or not. I'm not sure what is the minimum months waiting to apply.

Aus is great, yet I prefer Sg. :( That's the point. :( Huz

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 21 Aug 2010 5:02 pm

When I asked you if they invited to apply again at a later date, I meant MOM not the school. Of course the school would, they want your money.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 21 Aug 2010 5:55 pm

rjn210 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:

Yeah, my school invite me back. But I have no idea I can be approved or not. I'm not sure what is the minimum months waiting to apply.

Aus is great, yet I prefer Sg. :( That's the point. :( Huz

May I know what school are you going to and on what course you are going to take up?

Are you above 21 ?

The age is a factor for student pass for those above 21 . Unless you are going to local Uni Or invited to do thesis on your PHD or Master, you will have problem getting a student pass
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

rjn210

Postby rjn210 » Sat, 21 Aug 2010 9:38 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
May I know what school are you going to and on what course you are going to take up?

Are you above 21 ?

The age is a factor for student pass for those above 21 . Unless you are going to local Uni Or invited to do thesis on your PHD or Master, you will have problem getting a student pass

I'll become 20 by this October. :) I don't get your words that it is a factor for those above 21?

I'm going to SMa School of Management and studying Banking and Finance ( Diploma )

rjn210

Postby rjn210 » Sat, 21 Aug 2010 9:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:When I asked you if they invited to apply again at a later date, I meant MOM not the school. Of course the school would, they want your money.

Yeah.. sure, school wants money :roll: :roll: That's the reason I'm confused rite now. :???: