Singapore Expats Forum

Air Con Servicing

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
BillyB
Manager
Manager

Air Con Servicing

Postby BillyB » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 3:06 pm

Hi People,

Can anyone recommend a reliable and honest air con servicing company.

We had a company out to look at a small bedroom unit who initially told us that the price would be $25 dollars. Then it suddenly changed to $80 as the repairman reckoned it was a big unit. Trust me - it is a small bedroom unit.

He estimated that to service and top up the gas would cost $150 SG.

I know this is taking the proverbial, maybe because my girlfriend was the only one home. This suddenly changed to $100 when I spoke to him on the phone.

Can someone please recommend a service provider. Price isn't the issue here, just someone who is reliable and honest.

Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 3:18 pm

What ever you do, don't use Blue Sky!

Do a search of the forums, there have been discussion on here before regarding aircon servicemen.

observer
Regular
Regular

Postby observer » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:49 pm

That sounds like a common con job. PM me, and I'll recommend the company I've been using for the past 2 apartments.
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!

x9200

Postby x9200 » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 6:12 pm

observer wrote:That sounds like a common con job. PM me, and I'll recommend the company I've been using for the past 2 apartments.

If you are really convinced you want to recommending a company then I suggest do it here (or better in a different sub-forum*) publicly. It will be beneficial to ppl browsing for it or knowing how to use the search function.

*) staying and living in SG, there was at least one thread on air-con within last few months.

observer
Regular
Regular

Postby observer » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 6:31 pm

Yeah, I don't mind recommending, I just don't want to get into the whole "no advertising" thing. Anyway, the company I use is called Golden Dreams (google Golden Dreams Singapore). No problems or surprises so far.
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 7:45 pm

Come on guys, surely you know the difference between soliciting/advertising and a recommendation. Foreign talent? sheeeeech!

If you have a financial interest or a family interest in a company but have not used them yourself, it's advertising. If you have successfully used a company and would recommend them to your friends, it's a recommendation.

We love recommendations! We hate advertising. Simple really.

observer
Regular
Regular

Postby observer » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 7:47 pm

But I'm not a foreign talent at all. I'm just an evil white guy.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 9:22 pm

Thanks for the responses Guys - appreciated.....although I didn't listen to any of them in the end :-)

My girlfriend found a company off the classified ads on this site:

KL Air Conditioning and Servicing - great service and reasonable prices. Will definitely be using them every few months or so when next service is due.
Kelvin is the owners name and his number is 81839378.

I can now enjoy a nice glass of wine without overheating!!

x9200

Postby x9200 » Sat, 21 Aug 2010 10:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Come on guys, surely you know the difference between soliciting/advertising and a recommendation. Foreign talent? sheeeeech!

If you have a financial interest or a family interest in a company but have not used them yourself, it's advertising. If you have successfully used a company and would recommend them to your friends, it's a recommendation.

Besides, the spammers typically do it such primitive and obvious way that every time I see it am actually embarrassed.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Sat, 21 Aug 2010 11:34 am

I use Coolserve (www.coolserve.com.sg)

Around 40 SGD/visit if Im not wrong, serious, trustful, even one time problem was so small that didn't charge me at all.

Very happy with their service in these 3 years!

chanel27

Postby chanel27 » Sun, 12 Sep 2010 2:28 pm

I am using Aircon Services Singapore:
http://www.airconservicesg.com

So far no problem for me.

gRF

Postby gRF » Fri, 24 Sep 2010 3:20 am

Try http://www.astiquer.com/ - just to see what kind of contraption/device the guy devised for aircon servicing :)

arthuryeo

klaircon

Postby arthuryeo » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 4:39 pm

i personally use klaircon at http://klaircon.com and don't feel a need to change because i am happy with the services.

the owner is kent leong at 9786 8886

sundaymorningstaple

Re: klaircon

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 4:58 pm

arthuryeo wrote:i personally use klaircon at http://klaircon.com and don't feel a need to change because i am happy with the services.

the owner is kent leong

You wouldn't be using a bit of "you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours" would you? Seeing as how you designed his website?

tic....toc....tic....toc.....

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 29 Dec 2010 5:10 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Come on guys, surely you know the difference between soliciting/advertising and a recommendation. Foreign talent? sheeeeech!

We love recommendations! We hate advertising. Simple really.

What if there is a company where your family have an interest, but you have extensively used and paid for their services? 8-)