Singapore Expats

lunch at raffles place

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
lcfcq

lunch at raffles place

Post by lcfcq » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 4:27 pm

Hi, anyone work at raffles place like to meet for lunch?
[email protected]

amit_k

ya .. i do

Post by amit_k » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 4:39 pm

hey , i do work at raffels place .. may be i can catch on the lunch smtym .. so where are u frm and wher do u wrk ??

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 5:23 pm

Boy do I see a mismatch there. Just look at the quality difference of the two posts! :o

One will want a proper restaurant and the other will want a street vendor. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

amit_k

oh

Post by amit_k » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 5:54 pm

and wat made u think like that ... all i do see is an age difference ... there is nthin tht projects the quality of post ...

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 6:39 pm

Age doesn't enter into it at all. Your sloppy typing, considering you have 101 keys on your keyboard put me right off. If you are that sloppy on a public board, I'd not want to take a chance as your posts may well be representative of the person. If you want to meet someone, I would think you would at least try to put up a good image. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. :-| Good luck. Who knows, they do say opposites attract. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

amit_k

Great

Post by amit_k » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 6:53 pm

now that is a great piece of advice .. and look for you i have twisted my phone to enable full keyboard. Thanks buddy.

but what i feel is that for expressing your self you don't have to be careful in what you are doing, you just go and express it in whatever way you want, all you need to be is just yourself and that's what i tried to do.

Anyways and for the sloppy keyboard work it just that I am saving my efforts and this is not some executive board where i need to be more careful with my spelling and short hands, this is free forum and being from the generation of chatoholic youngsters and i am supposed to have inclination towards the so called 'sloppy' keyboard work.

cheers.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 7:32 pm

So, what you are actually saying then, is that you are inherently too lazy to do a good and proper job, correct? Kinda proves my point. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Otherwise, why bother. Anyway, at least I could read your last post without going to an online "Garbage to English" translator. :P
amit_k wrote:being from the generation of chatoholic youngsters and i am supposed to have inclination towards the so called 'sloppy' keyboard work.
Which tells me you are a follower and not a leader. :o

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Post by ex-pat » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 9:10 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Boy do I see a mismatch there. Just look at the quality difference of the two posts! :o

One will want a proper restaurant and the other will want a street vendor. :-|
I hate lunch (blind) dates. I am paranoid of meeting stranger for lunch.

The first and last lunch date that I have really turned me off and swear never to go for a lunch date with a stranger again.

The guy that i thought to be a Aussie hunk turned out to be a overweight aussie middle age guy. I totally lost my appetite :shock:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:19 pm

Well, he got two right anyway! :cool:

The Aussie part and the "hunk" part. A rather large hunk of blubber!

Wait a minute! What do you consider middle age? :P

amit_k

:)

Post by amit_k » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:28 pm

God knows what made you think like that ... but one thing i like to mention here is that doing a thing in better way doesn't mean that you can only do it in old fashioned junk way, there are 1000 of ways by which same result can be achieved and i prefer 'my way' to achive the same.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: :)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:27 am

amit_k wrote:God knows what made you think like that ... but one thing i like to mention here is that doing a thing in better way doesn't mean that you can only do it in old fashioned junk way, there are 1000 of ways by which same result can be achieved and i prefer 'my way' to achive the same.
amit, you are starting to make yourself look rather foolish, I must say. You say a better way? Do you think, writing the way your first post was written, where possibly 50% or more of our readers have to try to decipher what words you actually wrote before understanding WHAT you were trying to say, is a better way? Most just switch off when they come to that kind of childish scrawl and move on, not even bothering to try. The only thing writing like that does is show you have very little respect as an expat (foreign talent :o ). You will notice that most of the expats here write "normally". It's only the locals that write like they are illiterate. Surely you don't want to be classified as a local do you? :o

amit_k

Post by amit_k » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 2:44 am

now that is a perspective you have ... and i can't help you with that also in the country where i live, only smart enough people use this to save their time and still convey the message as for us conveying the message is more important and we sure everybody who has good knowledge of englist can understand even if i drop some letters and add some ... and rather than arguing here ... i have written enough of the complete words to make you understand what i think about this now if you still wanna keep urself busy and show your 'i have nothing else to do moderator attitude' with this argument, i would rather suggest you find some one else ...

cheers.

:)

GN

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 6:53 am

Then why do you keep replying? I just try to get posters to post with something that all readers of this board can understand. :-|

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Post by ex-pat » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 9:35 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Wait a minute! What do you consider middle age? :P
A person with a big beer belly lol....

and a hunk is a 50yrs old and below with a well toned body those like a rugby players :?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:11 am

I know a lot of 35 year old's with beer bellies and are rugby players as well. But that leaves me out. I'm in pretty good shape with a 31" waistline but unfortunately I'm at early middle age (at least I think so). Others would say I'm old already! :(