Long stay Hotel??

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Post Reply
anderslober
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 1:01 pm

Long stay Hotel??

Post by anderslober » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 1:07 pm

Hello Forum.......I am new to the forum. I hope I have posted in the correct department.

As our rent has been increased to unaffordable levels, we are seeking a good, cheap long stay hotel in the Clementi, Ulu Pandan area.......can anyone point us in a good direction?

Any information would be great.......thanks.

Singapore Property Search

 

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39636
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 1:30 pm

I don't think you will find a hotel in that area cheap or expensive, long stay or otherwise.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9894
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Re: Long stay Hotel??

Post by x9200 » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 2:39 pm

anderslober wrote:Hello Forum.......I am new to the forum. I hope I have posted in the correct department.

As our rent has been increased to unaffordable levels, we are seeking a good, cheap long stay hotel in the Clementi, Ulu Pandan area.......can anyone point us in a good direction?
More to the West and North. Also, looking for cheaper hotel accommodation if the rented flat in the same area appears too expensive is IMHO a weird idea.

anderslober
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 1:01 pm

Post by anderslober » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 8:17 am

ok...x9200...........west or north..........sounds fine....have you got any suggestions?

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Not Singapore

Post by JayCee » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:48 am

There are lots of hotel 81s and fragrance hotels all over Singapore, maybe start with their websites.

How much did your rent go up to that it's now unnacceptable to you? I doubt living in a hotel is going to be any cheaper and at least in a flat you get a kitchen, lounge etc...

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3505
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 5:19 pm
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Post by Saint » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:51 am

JayCee wrote:There are lots of hotel 81s and fragrance hotels all over Singapore, maybe start with their websites.
The OP would be the only guest not paying by the hour at those hotels!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:33 pm
Location: Not Singapore

Post by JayCee » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:02 pm

Saint wrote:
JayCee wrote:There are lots of hotel 81s and fragrance hotels all over Singapore, maybe start with their websites.
The OP would be the only guest not paying by the hour at those hotels!
I remember hearing a while back that they aren't allowed to charge by the hour anymore, I heard it mind you, not from personal experience *cough*

He did ask for cheap though, and they are about as cheap as it comes unless he wants to live in a youth hostel

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 9:49 pm
Location: Bangkok

Post by carlsum1986 » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 12:46 pm

JayCee wrote:
Saint wrote:
JayCee wrote:There are lots of hotel 81s and fragrance hotels all over Singapore, maybe start with their websites.
The OP would be the only guest not paying by the hour at those hotels!
I remember hearing a while back that they aren't allowed to charge by the hour anymore, I heard it mind you, not from personal experience *cough*

He did ask for cheap though, and they are about as cheap as it comes unless he wants to live in a youth hostel
:lol: :lol: :lol:

x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9894
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009 4:06 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by x9200 » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 1:22 pm

anderslober wrote:ok...x9200...........west or north..........sounds fine....have you got any suggestions?
Here it goes deciphered: find an apartment/room in the area where the prices are lower: CCK, Jurong East, AMK... And the second part: Hotels are always more expensive unless you are thinking of moving from 5 room condo apt to a shared hotel room in Geylang.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39636
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 2:37 pm

A shared hotel room in geylang can get expensive if you are doing all-nighters instead of a couple of hours but you probably won't last a (w)hole month! :o :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 8:15 pm
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by durain » Thu, 19 Aug 2010 8:40 pm

rent in geylang and sublet it during the night - hourly rate to recoup back your money. :)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Property Talk, Housing & Rental”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests