Singapore Expats Forum

Genuine Query on SVP / DP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
genuine_query

Genuine Query on SVP / DP

Postby genuine_query » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 9:31 am

Firstly, a big thanks to all those who reply / respond to help others access the information easily! much appreciated...

my query:
my spouse has a SVP valid for 2 yrs. however, was denied entry (singapore immigration) and had to go back... (lack of documentation or first visit overseas -any reason can be considered)

now, my EP is done... is it possible to apply for a DP and then call my spouse to singapore. will there be a hurdle again?

thanks in anticipation...

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Genuine Query on SVP / DP

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 9:37 am

genuine_query wrote:Firstly, a big thanks to all those who reply / respond to help others access the information easily! much appreciated...

my query:
my spouse has a SVP valid for 2 yrs. however, was denied entry (singapore immigration) and had to go back... (lack of documentation or first visit overseas -any reason can be considered)

now, my EP is done... is it possible to apply for a DP and then call my spouse to singapore. will there be a hurdle again?

thanks in anticipation...

2years SVP?? how did u get it? :o

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 9:47 am

If he has a valid SVP why was he denied entry. There is some data missing from the equation.

If your marriage is recent, that, coupled with the fact that there is already some problem with his entry, may be cause for concern. In theory, if your marriage is valid and your EP qualifies you to have dependents here, then it should be no problem. But until we know WHY he was denied entry, it's pretty hard to surmise.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:30 am

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing the OP arriving first with his EP AIP letter. The spouse then arrivied later on a one way ticket and no proof that married to OP, insufficient funds, maybe arriving on a passport from a high risk country etc etc.

genuine_query

Postby genuine_query » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:30 am

answers:

> SVP was done prior to my EP !!
> denied entry coz, lack of documentation (return ticket was dated after a month which could be pre-poned and did not tell it at the sing immigration as this was the first trip outside the country)

now, let me know the probabilities...

"A cAnDle doesn't lose anything by liGHting another oNE"

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:35 am

genuine_query wrote:answers:

> SVP was done prior to my EP !!
> denied entry coz, lack of documentation (return ticket was dated after a month which could be pre-poned and did not tell it at the sing immigration as this was the first trip outside the country)

now, let me know the probabilities...

Please don't say lack of documentation. Do you mean to say they asked for the return journey ticket and it was not showed to them?

genuine_query

Postby genuine_query » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:35 am

Saint wrote:Reading between the lines, I'm guessing the OP arriving first with his EP AIP letter. The spouse then arrivied later on a one way ticket and no proof that married to OP, insufficient funds, maybe arriving on a passport from a high risk country etc etc.

Almost correct... except that the ticket was 2-way (coz, he was traveling for the first time, hence unaware of pre-pone of the ticket and insufficient funds also adds)
Definitely, Not a high-risk country

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:44 am

genuine_query wrote:
Saint wrote:Reading between the lines, I'm guessing the OP arriving first with his EP AIP letter. The spouse then arrivied later on a one way ticket and no proof that married to OP, insufficient funds, maybe arriving on a passport from a high risk country etc etc.

Almost correct... except that the ticket was 2-way (coz, he was traveling for the first time, hence unaware of pre-pone of the ticket and insufficient funds also adds)

OP

what is pre pone of the ticket ?

When your spouse was denied entry, definitely there will a letter attached to the passport stating reason OR stamp on the PP pages.
Insufficient funds as you do not carry any credit card and you have no cash with you?
May I know where do you come from ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

genuine_query

Postby genuine_query » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:47 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
genuine_query wrote:

OP

what is pre pone of the ticket ?

When your spouse was denied entry, definitely there will a letter attached to the passport stating reason OR stamp on the PP pages.
Insufficient funds as you do not carry any credit card and you have no cash with you?
May I know where do you come from ?

-'Pre-pone' : an open ticket valid for an year flexible to prepone or postpone accordingly (dated 1 month 1 day from the entry-date)
-No letter attached
-PP (no singapore stamps)
-Intl Debit Card was there (no liquid currency)
-India

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 11:49 am

As long as you have an Employment Pass (S, Q, P2, P1 or PEP) and your salary is at least $2500/month basic you should have no real problems. You husband was turned away for insufficient means of support and a dodgy ticket. Not for any wrongdoing so I don't think there will be any problem. You should, however, apply for his Dependent's Pass before he arrives here so ensure no glitches on his arrival. (He'll still need the relevant visa to enter Singapore from India and the Dependent Pass will be finalized when he arrives here.

genuine_query

Postby genuine_query » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 12:32 pm

This gives me a lot of relief....
Thanks everyone who assisted me on this thread....

And Thanks SMS !!

Cheers...

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:58 am

My brother in law came to Singapore last month for a 10 day visit, he also had the 2 yr multiple entry SVP. He was granted entry in a jiffy, without any questions. There are tons of Indian tourists who come here every year using the same method.

Really strange and unfortunate case your's is.

genuine_query

Postby genuine_query » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 7:41 pm

Updating Missed Details :
-There exists a letter saying
".... was refused entry under current immigration policies..."
However, there is only India (in/out) immigration stamping on the passport !!

[Other updates: My EP is still in the 'pending' status... Extended (online) my SVP to avoid taking any chances...'pending status']

Hope my update becomes redundant and the case still remains the same...

Correct me if I m wrong...
Planning to apply for DP (post-EP Approval) and go back to India... travel together (post-DP Approval) !! Tentative time-frame : 1 week

Thanks & Regards, in anticipation...

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 06 Sep 2010 10:37 pm

genuine_query wrote:Updating Missed Details :
-
[Other updates: My EP is still in the 'pending' status... Extended (online) my SVP to avoid taking any chances...'pending status']

Your initial posts says EP is done? Meaning applied and waiting for EP approval?

Once your EP is approved, your employer can apply DP for your spouse and that would allow your spouse to enter singapore if it is approved. (This should be the easiest way if your EP is approved and if you given a Q1/P2/P1 EP)

genuine_query

Postby genuine_query » Tue, 07 Sep 2010 4:37 pm

Yes... EP is applied... (FIN assigned) Waiting for approval !!
Am able to track my application which shows status: pending.

Have another couple of days !! (Validity on SVP)
Applied for SVP extension as well... that is pending as well...

Should I confirm my ticket and go back? or
is it suggested that I need to wait for a day and try my luck ??