Singapore Expats Forum

Visa extension requirement of sponsor & vacation ?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singasong

Postby singasong » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 5:43 pm

Today my LTSVP (as common-law-spouse) was approved!

That was much faster than I assumed (applied on the 14th of August), and it contained a mistake (if the secretary hadn't corected it).

So at least I don't have to worry about leaving and returning to SG again after only 4 days in Oz now.
But due to that application in the system(?) I never get any information about me EP pass application when I check online via my passport number.

I sent an e-mail to MOM this morning (before approval) whether there is anything I could do to speed up the process, as for example to withdraw my LTSVP application. Will wait whether they respond, and what they will tell me.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 5:59 pm

singasong wrote:Today my LTSVP (as common-law-spouse) was approved!

That was much faster than I assumed (applied on the 14th of August), and it contained a mistake (if the secretary hadn't corected it).

So at least I don't have to worry about leaving and returning to SG again after only 4 days in Oz now.
But due to that application in the system(?) I never get any information about me EP pass application when I check online via my passport number.

I sent an e-mail to MOM this morning (before approval) whether there is anything I could do to speed up the process, as for example to withdraw my LTSVP application. Will wait whether they respond, and what they will tell me.

In some cases the manual EP application takes 1-2 weeks to get into the system to be visible as Pending (recommended number of days after which you can expect it to appear as Pending is after 14 days from submission)

From MOM Site

The processing time is about five weeks.
Processing time may take longer during peak periods or when additional information is required from the various economic agencies.
The applicant may check on the assigned Foreign Identification Number (FIN) and application status online about 14 days after submitting the application.

singasong

Postby singasong » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 6:12 pm

thanks sms, that was really helpful!

I will be patient then. I had read somewhere here that the manual application should be visible in the system after about a week, I had taken it to the Singpost counter on the 14th.

correction regarding the LTSVP - I left it with secretary to post it at the 11th, know that it wa snot posted yet by the 12th, as corrections were made then. On the acknowledgement page it says "Date of application: 16-08-2010"

Wait a moment, doe sthat mean, they have not actually worked on my EP application because they might have received the EP application before the LTSVP application?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 24 Aug 2010 6:20 pm

singasong wrote:thanks sms, that was really helpful!

I will be patient then. I had read somewhere here that the manual application should be visible in the system after about a week, I had taken it to the Singpost counter on the 14th.

correction regarding the LTSVP - I left it with secretary to post it at the 11th, know that it wa snot posted yet by the 12th, as corrections were made then. On the acknowledgement page it says "Date of application: 16-08-2010"

Wait a moment, doe sthat mean, they have not actually worked on my EP application because they might have received the EP application before the LTSVP application?

LTSVP and EP are different

LTSVP is for you to stay here and EP is for you to stay and work here

They will surely process your EP application as it a request to them to allow you to reside and also work here. It will take some time for the application to get into the system as it was a manual application.

Check on next monday. Mostly it should appear on the Application Status Link of MOM

Good Luck !

singasong

news from MOM

Postby singasong » Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:00 am

In response to my e-mail questioning how I could speed up my EP application process I received a call from a MOM Official. She told me that my EP application will NOT be considered or looked at as long as my LTSVP is approved!

I should ask the sponsoring company to withdraw the LTSVP first (which might take 1 or 2 weeks) then apply for EP (online) again.

She also mentiond something along the line I could have the LTSVP issued first, then an EP application would be accepted and cancel the LTSVP - when ? But she didn't recommend it, because I had to pay the 120 SGD at issuance for nothing. At first I agreed, but the moment she had hung up I thought if that sond option means I can start working 1-2 weeks earlier I could earn much more money than these 120 SGD... guess, I have to call them again.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Sep 2010 10:54 am

Of course the flip side of this is that if you cancel the LTSVP application and for some reason the EP is not successful, you will find yourself up the creek again! :-k

singasong

Postby singasong » Fri, 03 Sep 2010 11:19 am

Exactly,
however, this time I have 90 days in my pass,
which should be sufficient to apply and await LTSVP approval again, right?
The secretary will start to hate me...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Sep 2010 12:44 pm

:lol: