Singapore Expats

HELP! Permission from MOM obtained but ICA reject VISA?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
CrazyChina

HELP! Permission from MOM obtained but ICA reject VISA?

Post by CrazyChina » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 11:35 pm

Hi, all.

I am a singapore and my gf is from China. She is an ex-permit holder and currently she is at her hometown. I apply to MOM for her to get married in Singapore and was rejected the first time. then I appealed and was approved. Before I apply to MOM, I had apply a tourist visa for her as a local sponsor in Mar but was rejected. Then after I apply to MOM, I apply again for her tourist visa in June and again was rejected. After the approval from MOM, I apply again yesterday but was rejected. I stated clearly that MOM had approved and I had get a date from the ROM. The date is on 1st Nov this year. Why does ICA keeps rejecting my gf VISA? I had went to ICA on a few occasions to see the officer for appeal and always got rejected or just ask me reapply. Because she can't come and I had visit her in April and July. I had no more leave left to take and visit her. Help?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: HELP! Permission from MOM obtained but ICA reject VISA?

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:08 am

CrazyChina wrote:Hi, all.

I am a singapore and my gf is from China. She is an ex-permit holder and currently she is at her hometown. I apply to MOM for her to get married in Singapore and was rejected the first time. then I appealed and was approved. Before I apply to MOM, I had apply a tourist visa for her as a local sponsor in Mar but was rejected. Then after I apply to MOM, I apply again for her tourist visa in June and again was rejected. After the approval from MOM, I apply again yesterday but was rejected. I stated clearly that MOM had approved and I had get a date from the ROM. The date is on 1st Nov this year. Why does ICA keeps rejecting my gf VISA? I had went to ICA on a few occasions to see the officer for appeal and always got rejected or just ask me reapply. Because she can't come and I had visit her in April and July. I had no more leave left to take and visit her. Help?
Please wait for SMS or MS or Saint to reply to your question. They should be able to help you in this issue.

ICA would like to know if you would be able to support her financially or if she would have sufficient funds while she is on a SVP in Singapore.

Also for the ROM in Nov why do you want to apply SVP now? Is it too early? Anyway wait for the response from senior members like SMS or MS or Saint

Good Luck !

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Re: HELP! Permission from MOM obtained but ICA reject VISA?

Post by Mad Scientist » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 7:16 am

CrazyChina wrote:Hi, all.

I apply to MOM for her to get married in Singapore and was rejected the first time. then I appealed and was approved.

You said you get approval to get married by MOM ? yes ? when was that ?

When did your gf left for China ? She was on WP or what other pass?

I stated clearly that MOM had approved and I had get a date from the ROM. The date is on 1st Nov this year. Why does ICA keeps rejecting my gf VISA? I had went to ICA on a few occasions to see the officer for appeal and always got rejected or just ask me reapply. Because she can't come and I had visit her in April and July. I had no more leave left to take and visit her. Help?

Did you provide the letter of approval to ICA to apply for Social visit pass?
Did you provide photocopy of her passport too?

Why did she return to China? Contract terminated or she got pregnant and deported back?
If you did all these, I am missing a piece of the puzzle.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

CrazyChina

Post by CrazyChina » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 2:08 pm

Hi, all.

I apply to MOM for her to get married in Singapore and was rejected the first time. then I appealed and was approved.

You said you get approval to get married by MOM ? yes ? when was that ?

MOM mailed me the letter of approval on 29 July 2010 and I was still in HK with my gf. My sis informed me while I was there.

When did your gf left for China ? She was on WP or what other pass?

My gf finished her work in 29 Jan 2010 and went back to China. She was on WP previously.

I stated clearly that MOM had approved and I had get a date from the ROM. The date is on 1st Nov this year. Why does ICA keeps rejecting my gf VISA? I had went to ICA on a few occasions to see the officer for appeal and always got rejected or just ask me reapply. Because she can't come and I had visit her in April and July. I had no more leave left to take and visit her. Help?

Did you provide the letter of approval to ICA to apply for Social visit pass?

I have not yet provide the letter to ICA. Today I am going down to ICA to appeal and provide the letter.

Did you provide photocopy of her passport too?

Yes. I have provided twice of her passport when I went down to ICA to appeal.

Why did she return to China? Contract terminated or she got pregnant and deported back

She finished her work. Her contract ended and she had a good record at her company but she didnt want to renew the contract or continue. She is not pregnant and is not deported.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 2:15 pm

Try an appeal for SVP for her with the approval letter from MOM. I think you have a fair chance.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 6:29 am

Crazychina

SHould have brought the approval letter from MOM when you applied earlier on at ICA to prevent all the dramas.
Just be prepared as there is alot of "marriage of convenience" ploy from China GF that ICA is aware of.

Let us know how it turn out for us to share with other would be.

Good Luck
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

CrazyChina

Post by CrazyChina » Tue, 21 Sep 2010 10:49 pm

Hi, everyone,

Thanks for the concern. My appeal is a success. The visa has approved. My girlfriend is in singapore. Now we are waiting for our date of appointment with the ROM. The ROM date is 1st Nov and she arrives on the 13th sept. Therefore I need to extend her visa one more month.

Now the question is can I get the Long term social visit pass before her visa expired?Her visa expired on 13th Nov. And our ROM date is 1st Nov. That means I have to applied for her long term social visit pass immediately after our ROM. But will I be able to get it? Thanks guys.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 22 Sep 2010 3:48 am

CrazyChina wrote:Hi, everyone,

Now the question is can I get the Long term social visit pass before her visa expired?Her visa expired on 13th Nov. And our ROM date is 1st Nov. That means I have to applied for her long term social visit pass immediately after our ROM. But will I be able to get it? Thanks guys.
OK you can do this via E-VP

Here is the link

https://ltpass.ica.gov.sg/eltsvp/main.do

CrazyChina

Post by CrazyChina » Sat, 13 Nov 2010 11:14 pm

Hi, I need some advice again. My wife and I are officially married. She came to singapore on 13th Sept. I extended her social visit pass to 12th Nov so we can get married on the 1st Nov. I apply for her Long Term visit pass on the 2nd Nov and because her social visit pass expired on the 12 Nov, i extend her social visit pass personally to 8th Dec. And the reply for the Long Term Visit Pass came to me today was unsuccessful.

My question is "Can I reapply for the Long Term Visit Pass?", "Can I get another extension of her social visit pass?", "How many time can I apply for the Social Visit Pass till I successfully get the Long Term Visit Pass?"

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 13 Nov 2010 11:22 pm

CrazyChina wrote:Hi, I need some advice again. My wife and I are officially married. She came to singapore on 13th Sept. I extended her social visit pass to 12th Nov so we can get married on the 1st Nov. I apply for her Long Term visit pass on the 2nd Nov and because her social visit pass expired on the 12 Nov, i extend her social visit pass personally to 8th Dec. And the reply for the Long Term Visit Pass came to me today was unsuccessful.

My question is "Can I reapply for the Long Term Visit Pass?", "Can I get another extension of her social visit pass?", "How many time can I apply for the Social Visit Pass till I successfully get the Long Term Visit Pass?"
If you are "officially married" then why are you getting married again?

Singapore recognizes foreign marriages.

So... wazzup with this scenario?

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 14 Nov 2010 12:35 am

CrazyChina wrote:Hi, I need some advice again. My wife and I are officially married. She came to singapore on 13th Sept. I extended her social visit pass to 12th Nov so we can get married on the 1st Nov. I apply for her Long Term visit pass on the 2nd Nov and because her social visit pass expired on the 12 Nov, i extend her social visit pass personally to 8th Dec. And the reply for the Long Term Visit Pass came to me today was unsuccessful.

The problem is that two different government departments are involved one is MOM, which is related too employment services, they gave you permission to marry.

ICA on the other hand, are the one that deal with immigration controls, and just because you marry doesn't give your wife the automatic right of abode in Singapore.

You see ICA deal every day with mainland Chinese convenience marriages, they are probably wanting to see how long this marriage can hold out. There is also other criteria involved like your earnings, do you earn enough money to support her, the minimum is I believe $2500

ICA may also conduct background checks on certain individuals and do not have to give any reason for not allowing a person into Singapore. The best thing you can do is to ask your local MP to help out.

Though if you are not earning the $2500 a month, you will have to explain to your MP how you are going to maintain her, the local statistics are showing high rates of mainland Chinese working in dubious areas of employment and the authorities have been deporting many, even ones that have been married to Citizens, as they were caught in police raids not so long ago.

So ICA is getting very strict, you need your MP on this one.

My other point is, if she has a social visit pass until 12th December the LTVP would be rejected until they decide to give her one, check the timing before you can apply for the renewal of the Short term Visit pass in stead, they are probably monitoring your marriage, it may help if she can find a job and she can apply for work permit again if you are on low income. What they don't want is for her to be a burden to Singapore in which ICA would have to deport her if you cannot provide for her. it will be short term visit pass for a while i would think, so tell her to get a job asap and apply for work permit again. But not in any bars or massage parlours ICA is waiting for that kind of entry and will send them home.

CrazyChina

Post by CrazyChina » Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:53 am

Hi, i mean officially married now in singapore.

I have also heard cases where MP is of no use. They may wait till three years to get LTVP even if they find MP. I wonder if I can renew or extend her SVP?

What can I do to get her LTVP? Tks. Appreciated your help.

aHLe

Post by aHLe » Mon, 22 Nov 2010 3:04 pm

Hi CrazyChina,

First, congrats to your approval and marriage.

As I am currently in the same situation as you previously, would like to seek your advise if possible.

What I did was apply VISA thru online application, and was rejected.
So now after reading your thread, I decided to print Form 14A and make my way down to ICA with MOM's blessing for an appeal.

I noticed in Form 14A, under Declaration by Applicant, my spouse-to-be signature is needed.

Therefore I'm wondering back then, did you bring an un-sign copy down to ICA for appeal or did you make your way to China for the signature?

Also, will getting a ROM date prior to this help? Cos I haven't file my notice of marriage yet.

Advise will greatly appreciated.. Thanks..

aHLe

Post by aHLe » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 9:42 am

Hi All,

Anyone else can help advise except OP?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Nov 2010 9:48 am

aHLe wrote:
Also, will getting a ROM date prior to this help? Cos I haven't file my notice of marriage yet.

Advise will greatly appreciated.. Thanks..
If you have not married legally, you can forget your gf getting an LTVP if she is from China. Going down it ICA will be a total waste of time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers