Singapore Expats Forum

Apply PR for Wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
gohhanwi

Apply PR for Wife

Postby gohhanwi » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 2:07 pm

Hi, I am currently holding my PR more than 5 years and working in Singapore.I plan to apply PR for my wife. So far I know that the process of the PR might take quite sometime. From the forum I read that i might take more than 6-12months. If during the process of the PR for my wife, i would like to go back to my hometown till the process finish.
Is there any possibility that the PR process for my wife will be rejected due to i am no longer working or not in singapore?
Is there anyone have this kind of case?

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 2:12 pm

How long have you been married?
Are you currently working?
Why leave Singapore if you are a PR?

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Apply PR for Wife

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 2:32 pm

gohhanwi wrote:Is there any possibility that the PR process for my wife will be rejected due to i am no longer working or not in singapore?

First of all is your wife now with you in Singapore? if yes on what pass or visa?

Secondly,
PR for your wife is granted on the basis that you will be able to support her financially. If you are not working, then chances for her to get a PR through your sponsorship is very very slim.

If you are not in Singapore for a vacation then it is ok. But if you are not going to be in Singapore for a very long time, then surely the changes for her to get a PR through your sponsorship is very very slim.

Most importantly these days when you sponsor your wife for a PR, she has to be in Singapore on a LTSVP or some work pass.