Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:42 am

Yes I miss Bombay a lot too though I love rain only when I am on a holiday or sitting at home and not when I had to go all drenched to work. Trust me u wouldnt want to get stuck in the rain, I did once, only for 5 hours but I was going crazy coz I was stuck in an auto and no chance of getting to a bathroom..........My father had come home at 3 am and we were worried sick. This time ofcourse it's worst.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:55 am

Oh yeah, going to work in rain was never fun. I used to live on Carter Road, Bandra (W), and they forever kept digging up Turner Road. Used to drive me insane 'cause I used to always get stuck there coming from Mahim, of course after crossing Mahim Causeway, another hell area!

But, it was the spirit of Bombayites that I loved. Come what may, people went to work, laughed about the daily problems they faced on the road or in trains, went about their daily routine...and my interesting chat sessions with the cab guys, lol. I would always tell them not to honk too much and how it was bad for their own hearing. Some would take it, some would argue with me. But my half hour or 45 minutes drive to work was always interesting thanks to them.

And, I miss driving too, specially on Marine Drive! Ooh and watching the waves splash on Marine Drive, boohoo, I miss Bombay now! I miss the paav bhaji, I miss batata vada, I miss Carter Road and I miss bumping into movie stars! :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:02 am

oh well....yeah....we all miss home, don't we..? Anyway, lets not get too maudlin, otherwise, I'll never get anywork done....will be just dreaming about home...!!!! :lol: :lol:

so, are we guys going somewhere else tonite...????

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 3:51 pm

what's happening?? any plans for today??

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 3:56 pm

Yeah, plan something people, although I won't join, a little busy today.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Postby psychedelic » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 4:02 pm

Hi all,

How does listening to jazz music on the beach, sound ??
Its at Siloso beach in Sentosa on Saturday evening , 6pm onwards..

Anyone interested...

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 8:15 pm

Ind Babe wrote:
Vidia, is it open this Saturday? If yes, what say guys, shall we postpone the meet to Saturday dinner??Only downside, Annalaxmi is EXTREMELY crowded on Saturdays, their dinner buffet is very good.

Unfortunately they are closed until Monday.... how about we plan for next week? How's Friday for people (other than Sapph)?

shirllin
Regular
Regular

HI~!!!.....

Postby shirllin » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 8:38 pm

Dear all,

I would really like to join you guys for dinner at Annalakshmi if u all don't mind a chinese girl along......I used to go Annalakshmi in KL, Malaysia miss their wonderful buffet too.....did not know there is one here until u guys talked abt it.....

Regards,
Shirllin :D

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 8:48 pm

HI ALL~!!!

I am interested in attending a short course to learn some basic hindi.....does anyone here knows where I could do that? Thnks for your kind attention....

Regards,

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Thu, 28 Jul 2005 8:51 pm

HI ALL~!!!

I am interested in attending a short course to learn some basic hindi.....does anyone here knows where I could do that? Thnks for your kind attention....

Regards,

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 8:16 am

Hi Shirllin, good to see you registered yourself here, welcome aboard. I guess Annalakshmi plan has been postponed.

And, you being Chinese isn't a problem at all, in fact Vidia is Chinese too. So, no worries. All you gotta do to join us on any of the outings is to shout out here, and show up at the venue. :D

Keep your eyes on this thread for any further outings etc.

Cheers!

ps. Not sure about Hindi courses here though, sorry.

earth2873

hi Mega

Postby earth2873 » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 4:51 pm

hi mega,

How old is ure kid ?

mine is 2yrs and the other one is 3 months

earth2873

When is ure next meeting/gathering...

Postby earth2873 » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 5:05 pm

I would like to join you'll next time you'll meet.

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Fri, 29 Jul 2005 6:29 pm

Hi earth
My daughter is 3 yrs old. It will be good to have a few kids around, at that age too they need friends.....

earth2873

Postby earth2873 » Sat, 30 Jul 2005 12:44 pm

hi mega,

kool, my daughter is 32 months ...maybe we should get them together...wanna meet me some place on week-day ?
unless u r working ....