Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:53 pm

Thanks joojoo, and yes, i am from delhi. :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Postby psychedelic » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 4:15 pm

Had a great time guys..
Thanks to Metro.. for organizing it..

Sapphire: A very apt avatar...

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Mon, 18 Jul 2005 7:48 pm

Aquarian wrote:metro: the karaoke king- u were really into the ashique song.... ab tere bin... . .

Cause I really had put myself in his shoes for that song. lol.
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 9:50 am

Aquarian wrote:any plans for DUS?.

vidia: i am done for annalalaxmi

Aqua - I can make it for Dus only if its on a weekend...can't see myself scrambling from office to Bedok again like I did for Paheli last time... :roll:

Now, the rest of you, what abt the Asha Bhosale live concert....anyone interested to attend ?

You can chk out details at :[url] http://www.sistic.com.sg/SOPApp/SOPPort ... Ks5KAzsJFM

Let me know and I can book the tickets together....the tickets can be booked online.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:02 am

sabrina, count me out.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 11:50 am

okie dokey, sapph

The Guru

Re: I trip on Sholay

Postby The Guru » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 4:19 pm

sapphire wrote:
The Guru wrote:Sorry to barge into the 'food' preparation topic. I had gone home a few months ago and I found a treasure trove. I found an originial double LP of Sholay. Dialogue and Songs! And it still works. I tested it on my friends turntable here. Now, I am trying to see if I can get a video of the same.

:lol:

by original u mean, gabbar singh is killed by the thakur? Sholay never fails to amaze me, every scene, every dialogue, each actor, all perfect. i bought a vcd of sholay last year, havent watched it yet though. so not sure about the end.

Not sure if I will get slammed for revealing the end but since the movie has been out for more than 20 years, I will risk it. Gabbar is not killed by Thakur. Instead he lets him go and captured by the cops. (If my memory is not fuzzy). This was 70's. Cold blooded murder by retired policemen were not the norm :-)
- Guru

Another day, another dollar

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 19 Jul 2005 4:31 pm

There are two endings to the movie Sholay. I have seen both. In one Thakur lets him go, in the other Thakur kills him. The former became the more popular one because of censor BS back then.

tips
Regular
Regular

Postby tips » Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:12 pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:50 am Post subject:
Aquarian wrote:
any plans for DUS?.

vidia: i am done for annalalaxmi

Aqua - I can make it for Dus only if its on a weekend...can't see myself scrambling from office to Bedok again like I did for Paheli last time... Rolling Eyes

Now, the rest of you, what abt the Asha Bhosale live concert....anyone interested to attend ?

You can chk out details at :[url] http://www.sistic.com.sg/SOPApp/SOPPort ... Ks5KAzsJFM

Let me know and I can book the tickets together....the tickets can be booked online.

dear sabrina

count me in for the asha bhosle ticket n let meknow what i owe

tips

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Postby psychedelic » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 6:24 pm

Hi all...

Hey Metro..
How is your new house ? Did you move go ok ?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 6:55 pm

Hiya Psy, oops I should have asked metro too. So metro, you all settled in? Whens the housewarming? :twisted:

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 7:02 pm

Hey there Psy & Sapp,

Thanks for asking! yeah move was smooth. I wish I could have a housewarming session to clear the booze(still a dozen left :wink: ). But this house owner is kinda loose nut. better not spoil my reputation. lol.

btw, are you guys joining for Annalakshmi dinner?

Cheers,

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 7:09 pm

So far, yes joining for Annalakshmi dinner. Good to know it went smoothly. Oh well, we can party somewhere else, but wait till I get back!

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Fri, 22 Jul 2005 7:15 pm

sapphire wrote:but wait till I get back!

Sure thing. :D

Megha

Are children welcome?

Postby Megha » Sat, 23 Jul 2005 2:37 pm

Hi guys
I am new to this site, Indian from Mumbai, married with a 3yr old baby. wld like to meet up with u guys sometime, I wonder if your group is Ok with a baby as I have no one to keep her with. let me know, maybe I can join for dinner at annalaxmi.

Megha