Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 8:50 pm

Hey People!

Re: Karaoke

Please bring any good audio cds you have. My player supports Karaoke with any stereo recorded disc. Not necessarily a karaoke disc. So.. pls bring along all the great music you have.

So far, I managed to get only 2 karaoke vcds, hoping to get one or 2 more from friends. kinda less for a gala party. so, bring your collection of audio cds.

See ya,

Can't wait for 16th.
Last edited by metroguy on Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 8:57 pm

toxictanktops wrote:Hi guys..

Logging on after a real long time... this pot luck is a great idea. But I can't cook to save my life! The perils of living off endless maggi packets as a student.... :)

I'll try to think of something.

On second thoughts, can I just bring my appetite? :D

Hey TTT, May I request you to bring some roti-prata from a hawker centre or those packed roti's from a store to go with the chicken curry? That will save you the trouble of trying to cook. Looks like we have plenty of rice and no roti!!
Thou Art That

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:04 pm

Indi,

If you don't mind, i will bring the roti-prata instead :P

cheers

Indi.Lens wrote:
toxictanktops wrote:Hi guys..

Logging on after a real long time... this pot luck is a great idea. But I can't cook to save my life! The perils of living off endless maggi packets as a student.... :)

I'll try to think of something.

On second thoughts, can I just bring my appetite? :D

Hey TTT, May I request you to bring some roti-prata from a hawker centre or those packed roti's from a store to go with the chicken curry? That will save you the trouble of trying to cook. Looks like we have plenty of rice and no roti!!

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:34 pm

sabrina77 wrote:I'll bring the Karnataka speciality - Bisi Bele Bath...this is on Aqua's request...!

So it is bisi bele bath... right from childhood I heard it pronounced in andhra as "Bismilla Bath" and I thought it's a kinda muslim food. lol.

been very long since I tasted it... looking forward to this saturday!

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:22 am

mad wrote:Indi,

If you don't mind, i will bring the roti-prata instead :P

cheers

[quote="Indi.Lens

Thats fine Mad, as long as the roti is there, we all can get to enjoy the chicken curry!
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:33 am

toxic, dont u miss the good ole maggi days? lol.

Psy, u ever snacked at that aloo parantha joint near IIT Gate? i miss those midnight dinners, all beat after work and hot paranthas in the cold winter of Delhi. i have to be insane to miss Delhi though!

Indi, dont count so heavily on my chicken curry, i swear its below average!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Postby Aquarian » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 2:02 pm

sapphire wrote:toxic, dont u miss the good ole maggi days? lol.

Psy, u ever snacked at that aloo parantha joint near IIT Gate? i miss those midnight dinners, all beat after work and hot paranthas in the cold winter of Delhi. i have to be insane to miss Delhi though!

Indi, dont count so heavily on my chicken curry, i swear its below average!

sapphire: i miss those aloo parantha's yaar. those egg paratha, near AIIMS..... that was my favorite.yeah ,u can relish those in calcutta too....

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 2:14 pm

Aquarian wrote: those egg paratha, near AIIMS..... that was my favorite.

Aqua,

I thought you are a vegetarian.. aren't you? :?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 3:14 pm

metroguy wrote:

Aqua,

metro, sometimes its better not to think. :lol:

Aqua, yes! egg paranthas too! yum! calcutta will be all bong food, mainly various prawn dishes, i'm already salivating. :lol:
i'm gonna come back fat as a pig!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 4:59 pm

sapphire wrote:
metroguy wrote:

Aqua,

metro, sometimes its better not to think. :lol:

Aqua, yes! egg paranthas too! yum! calcutta will be all bong food, mainly various prawn dishes, i'm already salivating. :lol:
i'm gonna come back fat as a pig!

Just kidding. According to NECC (National Egg Coordination Committee in India), egg comes under vegetarian. so.. aqua is a bonafied vegetarian. :wink:

joojoo

Party

Postby joojoo » Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:27 pm

Metroguy- Thanks for the invitation. :D :D

We can't confirm right now because we might have to go for dinner with Vivek's (my hubby) office people and that'll be confirmed by friday only.

Can we let you all know by friday? If we come, we'll get paneer and cholas (there should be some punjabi food also) :wink:

BTW- We both are also vegetarians. We don't want to miss the yummy dosa/chutni, Bisi Bele Bath and Choc Cake. Really wish the office dinner gets cancelled. :twisted:

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 6:39 am

Hi! Just started work so can't access this site at work :(

Anyway, my spice tolerance is medium, I'd say.

Metroguy, will pm you my email address so you can send me your address and directions. Thanks again for organizing!

So far we don't have anyone bringing non-alcoholic drinks - maybe Toxic can do that?

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Party

Postby metroguy » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 7:31 am

joojoo wrote:Metroguy- Thanks for the invitation. :D :D

We can't confirm right now because we might have to go for dinner with Vivek's (my hubby) office people and that'll be confirmed by friday only.

Can we let you all know by friday? If we come, we'll get paneer and cholas (there should be some punjabi food also) :wink:

BTW- We both are also vegetarians. We don't want to miss the yummy dosa/chutni, Bisi Bele Bath and Choc Cake. Really wish the office dinner gets cancelled. :twisted:

I too wish your dinner with hubby's colleagues gets cancelled. :D Sure, you can let us know by friday. Try your best.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 8:19 am

congrats vidia! how was work?

i see joojoo never mentioned missing my chicken curry! :lol:
hope u guys make it this saturday. didnt get a chance to bore u with my inane chatter. :P
Paneer and cholas sound good, yay, we finally have punjabis in the group! :D

p.s. people, please try and keep everything medium spicy so no one has any problem, thanks.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 9:14 am

vidia wrote:Hi! Just started work so can't access this site at work :(

Congrats Vidia!!! Wish you success on the new assignment.
Thou Art That