Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 2:54 pm

OK, today's showing is confirmed for 6.45 so all meet at the theater at 6.30.

For Heineken, I got the tix already, for Sapph and her posse, Aqua and Psy and me, so, sorry, but everyone else will have to get their own. But of course we can all still meet to go together.

See the movie buffs tonite!

joojoo

Movie

Postby joojoo » Tue, 05 Jul 2005 3:58 pm

Yahooooooooo/Yippeeeeeeeee......!!

C ya all in the evening.
:P :D :wink:

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Movie

Postby metroguy » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 7:40 am

joojoo wrote:Yahooooooooo/Yippeeeeeeeee......!!

C ya all in the evening.
:P :D :wink:

Glad to meet you guys and recollect some hyderabad memories. Hope you had a good time.
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 8:52 am

joojoo, was nice to meet u and your hubby. didnt get to talk to u guys much, maybe another time.

i liked the movie, would have liked it better if certain people hadn't moaned and groaned. :P
for once, shahrukh khan didnt ham! i think this movie was better than the disappointing 'War of the Worlds'.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Postby psychedelic » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:54 am

Hi all..

JooJoo : It was nice to meet you and your husband .. did not get to talk to you guys , since a certain movie had killed my brain..
Hope to meet with you soon & have a conversation..

Sapphire: We did not moan & groan during the movie.. we were nice enough to take it outside.. Wot say guys.. :D
& I am going to refrain from commenting on your last sentence.. control.. control.. control..

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:17 am

Hi folks

Nice outing yesterday, although the movie was not interesting. The photography was great with soft lighting, rendering good hues and texture to the costumes of actors and the their environment. The long interval we guys had was really fun. Atleast we went out; thus not disturbing those who wanted to watch.

JooJoo and husband- nice to have met you both albeit very briefly. Hope to catch up with you guys more often.

Sapph- moans and groans? Who was that? Thankfully we guys were out enjoying our beers.
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:18 am

Psy, last sentence? referring to War of the Worlds or Shahrukh not hamming, lol. c'mon now, give the guy a break. if all the ghosts were that romantic, i would die happily and become a ghost. :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:24 am

lol, u guys suck. what do u expect from a Hindi movie? seriously though, it was Archie Andrews in a rural setting, wasnt that handled well? :lol:

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:35 am

No problems with the Archie Andrews in a rural setting or the need to recognise fantasy for entertainment. The movie was'nt bad but not interesting. Would have liked a Panchatantra tale better.. Anyway, the beer during the long interval was even better!!!
Thou Art That

joojoo

Postby joojoo » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 11:48 am

It was great to meet u all. Sadly, we didn't get to chat with any of u...but there's always a next time.

Sapphire, i agree with the guys, movie was nothing great. I just liked the sets and costumes. I wish there weren't so many songs.

Aqua, are u also job hunting these days?

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 12:56 pm

Ah well !...I liked the movie...! For me, it was more of a fairy tale..and like all fairy tales, its not logical at all...!

I loved Rajpal Yadav's scenes...they were hilarious ! All the actors did a decent job....except for Suniel Shetty, who was as wooden as ever... :lol:

And yeah, Joojoo, we can get together another time and chat.

So, which movie are we going to next...???? :lol: :lol:

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Postby Aquarian » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 1:11 pm

joojoo wrote:It was great to meet u all. Sadly, we didn't get to chat with any of u...but there's always a next time.

Sapphire, i agree with the guys, movie was nothing great. I just liked the sets and costumes. I wish there weren't so many songs.

Aqua, are u also job hunting these days?

joojoo: it was nice to meet u guys. Hope to meet & chat with u next time.
well, i am also looking out for a job. will pm u.
r u guys planning to join for Heinken Music this saturday

Friends: the movie was ok but not bad. Ofcourse rani was fab. Shahrukh as usual -good.

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Postby Aquarian » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 1:15 pm

sabrina77 wrote:

yeah, is anybody interested in watching Dus.?

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 2:30 pm

Oi Psy Where are the pics?
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 06 Jul 2005 2:35 pm

Aquarian wrote:
sabrina77 wrote:

yeah, is anybody interested in watching Dus.?

i'll go for Dus, only for Abhishek Bachchan. :wink: