Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
cuteguysg1
Regular
Regular

hi

Postby cuteguysg1 » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:22 am

hey all,

too bad i missed last meeting...i Did watch LUCKY movie...so cute...

Hope to meet you all in next meet up

Cheers...

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:49 am

unbelievable! after months of planning, no one showed up?????
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Ind Babe

A suggestion

Postby Ind Babe » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:59 am

Hi people!
Have been watching this space for a while now....looks like we plan like crazy, but never meet up!! :lol: Happens with a lot of groups (n I speak from experience :!: ) I think the primary cause of people not turning up is coz we dont know what kind of people we are gonna meet there ( no offense!)
One way of resolving this fix is by each one of us giving a short intro about ourselves....maybe no specifics, just a sketch. But I guess this will help develop the interest of people and the drive and comfort level in meeting up wud then be higher, i guess!
Im sure once we meet up and get to know people, people with common interests will gel together and motivation will then not be an issue!

What say, people?? :)

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Re: A suggestion

Postby mad » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 2:32 pm

Ladies first :P

Ind Babe wrote:One way of resolving this fix is by each one of us giving a short intro about ourselves....maybe no specifics, just a sketch.

wow_ash

now it will happen

Postby wow_ash » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 4:42 pm

Hi all friends..

Here is Ash.. well salutes to all...

Well i am new to this discussion forum.. needless to say.. new to singapore.. came down from US..

well Ind Babe is perfectly right in pointing out that people hesitate to meet first before they are comfortable with the profiles.. I understand this based on my earlier experience..
So we should take initiative and try to introduce ourselves.. this will not only give comfort feeling to others but we ourselves will be comfortable being sure that we are gonna meet the right people in right spirit..

Well So let me introduce myself.. I am Ash.. working as Solution Designer.. A IT professional in Layman's terms.. have been in texas.. short visit.. now in singapore for long (hopefully :-)

I am 27.. 5 feet 11 inches.. belongs to central india basically.. conversant in hindi and english (dont know tamil.. sorry).. and an MBA...

I hope this suffices for breaking the ice.. i hope to see the replies from all the concerned people ready to meet and make it easy and comfortable to meet soon.

take care
ash :P [color=indigo]
[/color]

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 6:42 pm

yep i agree with Ind Babe, so here goes, i'm 37, married, frm delhi, but lived all over india, web designer, love to watch movies, drink beer, hate shopping (hence nothing to do here!), love to chat (am a chat addict) and making friends... spare time i also like to read a lot.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 9:59 pm

... and absent minded, i'm 36, a year makes a difference when u're 36! :oops:

funny indians

Postby funny indians » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:24 pm

Hehehe...so no one turned up for the get together this time too.. :D i've seen this happening again n again. Well i'm not trying to discourage anyone from meeting up but it's funny people sound so v enthu to meet up n then nothing happens...

Hey u new people who r trying different tactics all the best to u guys.. :wink: :wink: :wink:

toxictanktops

Postby toxictanktops » Mon, 18 Apr 2005 10:37 pm

Hi guys... how was Lucky? I still havent watched it. The heroine Sneha Ullal happens to be my friend's sister ... :) Too bad I didnt bother keeping in touch with my friend! :?

... another tactic

Postby Guest » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:25 am

Hello Compatriots!

IMHO - over & above what indBabe says - for some of us its a matter of taking a lil courage OR going dat extra mile while having FUN all along :D

i have already touched base with some who have taken initiative in this list & was impressed with their authenticity & enthu (Kudos to Aparna & Vilas)

Why dun those of u who can make it - jus sho up for WNDC (Wed night drinkin club) meetup ONE OF THESE WEDNESDAZ. I myself went to WNDC gathering las wed (my 1st time) & had just the greatest time meetin up with 10+ new friends from 7 countries :)

Check out the forum - this weeks meetup is on 20th April @Dubliner, Lanson Place, 165 Penang road. behind Sommerset MRT.

If wednesdays dun work for u then feel free to pm me - i know of other ongoing group events on other weekdayz/weekends which have a gud mix of both genders & are guranteed fun.

this way, once we have met & become friends with atleast a few of the other posters in this thread I m sure we can take it up further & organize on our own.

jus my 100 cents

chocoswiss
Regular
Regular

Postby chocoswiss » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 9:33 am

hey, another indian here...well i am not interested dn meeting cos i am below 20 so younger than all u guys...i think u all shud not communicate via email IM but by yahoo or msn.. it is way bttr and plus use webcam..once u ahve seen the person n all u will feel much much more enthu abt meeting up..have msn or yahoo messenger conferences with all!! then it will be easier... juz moi $.02 :)
~ If You Want Breakfast In Bed, Sleep In The Kitchen~

~nazron se dekh liya hota agar tamana thi aazmane ki..... hum to behosh yoon hi hojate, kya zaroorat thi muskurane ki.............~

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 1:25 pm

Lucky was fine - required some suspension of belief and also some jokes went over my non-desi head, but considering I am not a fan of Salman I liked it a lot. I wish this theater had more screens as there are quite a few others coming up/ already showing that I am waiting impatiently for (hate vcds).

Guest - re the WNDC, I am interested but feel a little awkward about being a woman walking up to a bunch of strangers! How did you identify the group? Any women interested in going and want to meet up beforehand to go together? Safety in numbers???

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 5:40 pm

Hi Guest

Can't PM you unless you're a member !

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 7:12 pm

I wouldnt mind going for this WNDC, am a lil curious. as vidia pointed out, its a bit awkward to land there alone.

btw, vidia, next time u're going for a movie pm me if u like, i'm a movie buff, and am actually waiting for this movie of aamir khan, should be here by june end or so.

oh and really, i can be very charming and fun person *tongue in cheek*

Guest (my handle is D_Man)

Postby Guest » Tue, 19 Apr 2005 10:06 pm

Sorry guys! the previous post to all Compatriots was from me. i had loggedin before the post but the forum engine goofedup.... nevr mind.

Sapphire/sabrina77/vidia - sending a pm - u may call me once u r at the venue. U ladies may gangup @ somerset mrt & jus GATECRASH!
The crowd is in strength by 9 & starts thinning by 11.
I didnt feel out of place at all as they are all very friendly. cya!

BTW - Loved the cute post by chocoswiss :) (keep sharing ur desi swiss chocos over here darling!)