Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 2:46 pm

Kshama kare! Aap sab sapphire ki bhaat par dyaan dhena mat bhooliyae. kyon ki sapphire ban gayi " aaj kal ka reporter" ! Ting Tong.
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 2:46 pm

Indi.Lens wrote:
sapphire wrote:ok, no prob.

Yeh aakash vani ka pancha rangein programme hai. Aaj ka vishesh soochna: Hamara sapphire aaj se aakash vani ka naya reporter hai. Krupaya sab inki reporting per dhyaan. Ting Tong!

lol, this is what happens when a kannadiga tries his hand at hindi. :P
btw, i believed that people from b'lore were cool, have changed my opinion henceforth. :evil:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 2:51 pm

[quote="sapphire
i believed that people from b'lore were cool, have changed my opinion henceforth. :evil:[/quote]

No lah still 8) . Just pulling your leg. You are a good friend of us all here. Hope you are'nt serious :(
Thou Art That

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 2:58 pm

mad wrote:Indi,

It sounds funny, but can you please provide an english translation as well :oops:

Mad-- was just trying to act out the state run radio service of India- All India Radio (AIR). Tried making an announcement (with my broken hindi) that Sapphire is AIR's latest reporter and that AIR requests all to please listen to her reporting.
Thou Art That

Duckoola

Postby Duckoola » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 3:49 pm

Indi.Lens wrote:Thanks Duckoola wish you were there to help me on another forum (clubsnap).

No worries, just come back here and post and I'm sure all will be eager to help u translate :P

Duckoola

Postby Duckoola » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 3:50 pm

javer wrote:wah, really auto-correct my l-i-a-o-s all to already... hmmm...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Told ja! :roll:

Duckoola

Postby Duckoola » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 3:52 pm

sapphire wrote:coming back to the programme, javer. we are planning to catch a hindi movie on tuesday evening. can u follow hindi? although, vidia, who is a singaporean will be joining us. she's an avid Bollywood fan, and just reads the subtitles.

Wow! Tot I'm the only fool who does that! Hahahahaha! Ok, is Sharouk Khan like Hindi??? If yes, then I'm a FAN!!!!

Postby Guest » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 4:04 pm

anytime anyday is okay for me...just count me in....
rajatverma@lycos.com

stefania
Chatter
Chatter

Postby stefania » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 4:07 pm

My first post in this thread: Hello!

I was wondering which indian languages do you guys speak or are?

I'm punjabi, i don't fluently speak ( :oops: ) it but i understand punjabi, hindi and urdu. Y'all?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 4:10 pm

Duckoola wrote:
sapphire wrote:coming back to the programme, javer. we are planning to catch a hindi movie on tuesday evening. can u follow hindi? although, vidia, who is a singaporean will be joining us. she's an avid Bollywood fan, and just reads the subtitles.

Wow! Tot I'm the only fool who does that! Hahahahaha! Ok, is Sharouk Khan like Hindi??? If yes, then I'm a FAN!!!!

lol, Shahrukh Khan is Indian. Hindi is a language. and the movie we'll watch on tuesday stars Shahrukh Khan.

umm...guest aka rajat, what does count me in mean? u know the scene, i posted the time, date, venue, movie etc. now, are u in for it on tuesday? if so, say - i'll see u guys there or something like that. Count me in is rather vague.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 4:12 pm

stefania wrote:My first post in this thread: Hello!

I was wondering which indian languages do you guys speak or are?

I'm punjabi, i don't fluently speak ( :oops: ) it but i understand punjabi, hindi and urdu. Y'all?

i cant speak punjabi, can understand most of it. Urdu is quite like Hindi, so yeah can understand. i'm fluent in Hindi. can follow bengali, and speak broken bengali.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 4:48 pm

I can't believe i will miss this "big" event :cry:

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 4:53 pm

Hi Stefania - welcome to this thread ! :D

I can speak Hindi, Kannada, Tamil...can understand some Marathi and Telugu...

Mad....yeah...you can't miss this event, but you can miss your class !! Think about it !!!!

Duckoola...are u also joining us for the movie...?

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 4:56 pm

It's okay, i will catch the movie on wednesday :roll:

sabrina77 wrote:Hi Stefania - welcome to this thread ! :D

I can speak Hindi, Kannada, Tamil...can understand some Marathi and Telugu...

Mad....yeah...you can't miss this event, but you can miss your class !! Think about it !!!!

Duckoola...are u also joining us for the movie...?

Postby Guest » Thu, 30 Jun 2005 4:59 pm

hindi and english only for me...