Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 4:03 pm

awww, that pic just makes me so sad.

i remember salman khan got off easy, and now of course Mr. OneEyed Pataudi will go unpunished too. such a shame!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Postby Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 5:01 pm

Saph, please try to make it for Vishwa with your gang.

sapphire wrote:
AK wrote:hey any of you going for this?

www.templeoffinearts.org/sg/vvemail.htm

seems interesting...might just land there.

sabrina, i'm going to OD on movies. so thats 4 'must watch' movies. and i still havent watched 'Black'! 'Parineeta' looks interesting too. whats Sunju baba doing there? lol

any of these releasing this coming weekend? if so, we can plan a movie outing. too many movies, my head is spinning.

havent watched 'star wars' or madagascar, and i missed 'Hotel Rwanda'. still kicking myself over that one.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 5:05 pm

An interesting site to read!

http://www.keithwarren.net/stories/041804.htm

When we have people like these, justifying hunting and going after black bucks, no wonder it is a fashion for celebrities to shoot them down in India.

Pity the black bucks; bleak chances of survival inspite of the Indian Wildlife Protection Act, 1972. http://www.helplinelaw.com/docs/wildlife/08.php
Thou Art That

indicco

hunting

Postby indicco » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 8:30 pm

And they find a reason to justify this by saying they are over crowded in
that locality... huh...

Is this the same reason, for justifying, the Nature hunting humanity with
Tsunamis and quakes.... ;)

--- Indicco

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 9:43 am

buntyyyyyy auuuuuuur babliiii, lol, i enjoyed the movie.
yeah, the script could have been better, but its better than the usual lovey dovey BS and dancing around trees.

shankar, ehsaan, loy did a good job too. i liked the music, just coz it had attitude. rani was outstanding, so was abhi. amitabh was so-so in my books. no comments on aish and her 'jhatkas'. maybe 'mad' will appreciate her, lol.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 9:53 am

:lol:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 08 Jun 2005 9:19 pm

any of u guys planning to go for that 'vishwa vinayaka' dance event? if u guys missed it, heres the thread on it...

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic20343.html

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 09 Jun 2005 9:57 am

I'm interested ! I'm interested !!!! :lol:

Sapphire...in another thread u had mentioned that you were calling those guys up to find out more ...and if we can just land up there....any luck?

but, if we still do need to pay 100$ for the ticket, then its really too high for me to join.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 09 Jun 2005 9:58 am

I'm interested ! I'm interested !!!! :lol:

Sapphire...in another thread u had mentioned that you were calling those guys up to find out more ...and if we can just land up there....any luck?

but, if we still do need to pay 100$ for the ticket, then its really too high for me to join.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:18 am

sabrina, i called them up just now. i was told its best to buy tickets before hand, and u can pay whatever u're comfy with. so, if u're keen, please pm me or call me and let me know your budget. i can go buy the tickets today. i am ok with spending about 40 bucks per ticket. but, it'll be free seating for us.

i was looking to attend the 11th june, saturday 7.30 pm slot.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:30 am

Thanks, Sapphire. Just pm'ed you !

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 09 Jun 2005 11:33 am

sabrina77 wrote:Thanks, Sapphire. Just pm'ed you !

just pmed u too! :D

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Thu, 09 Jun 2005 2:02 pm

Damn! I already made plans for Saturday! But I see Parineeta is out this week - anyone wanna catch it Sunday afternoon?

Indi Lens - agree it is much better to shoot animals (including the human variety) with a camera than a gun.

Sapph - I like Shankar Ehsaan Loy too! Kal Ho Naa Ho is one of my all time favorite songs. Did you watch B&B on vcd or at the cinema? If vcd, would love to borrow (bought a dvd player but it sucks - your hubby will probably tell me "I told you so" cos it's not Philips!!)

KT
Chatter
Chatter

sat

Postby KT » Thu, 09 Jun 2005 5:12 pm

rest of u pple....wat plans for sat ?
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Thu, 09 Jun 2005 5:45 pm

Hey People
Hows everybody doing??
Well, firstly I didnt make it to India, cancelled my trip as something urgent came up :cry: so me is well and truly in SIngapore....

Secondly, janta who's planning to go for the Vishwa Vinayaka show...guys, dont miss it!!! Its an awesome show, very different, very innovative and the music itself is out of this world.....a nicely done fusion of western and Indian classical music (I have the music, if anyone's interested).....its Ganesha shlokas blended into great tunes.....at the end of the show one gets a feeling of having watched a very Indian, yet very international (Vishwa Vinayaka after all!) show....so go right ahead...
Ok, I think I must also mention here that Im a student of TFA, but this opinion is completely neutral! :D
Since Ive already seen it once and since I wont be able to make it on Saturday, I wont be able to join u guys, but would have absolutely loved to!!!

Vidia, I missed Bunty and Bubli, thought Id watch it in India, but that was not to be....Im all for Parineeta, The Rising and Sarkar!!
If you are interested in Parineeta on SUnday, Im game, but keep it late afternoon, so I can have my afternoon siesta!!! :lol: Anyone else interested in Parineeta??
One life - live it!