Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:13 am

sapphire wrote: is vidia alive?

Sorry, sorry! It's been hectic these last few weeks - job-hunting, house-hunting.... I couldn't make it last Thursday so I've still not seen B&B. Have plans for this weekend but maybe next week we could meet for dinner/ drinks and catch up since it's been like forever!! How about Saturday?

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Postby psychedelic » Sat, 04 Jun 2005 8:40 pm

Hi... ppl...

Am BAAAACCKKKK.... 8)
but this time am not alone & it feels great .... :D

but am leaving for the US on Tuesday.. back on 15th..
so Sapphire / Sabrina -- i will get U guys 'going' after that :lol:

Ciao

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 9:27 am

wb, Psy and say hi to Mrs. Psy.

we'll cya when u get back from your trip then. although weekend of 18th june, i'll be away to bintan, back on 19th. so maybe some time after that...
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:04 am

Hi Psy,

Looking forward to meeting to you and ms psy :)

Have fun in the US :P

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 10:42 am

hey, another movie to be released soon. Ramu's movie, have to watch! 'Sarkar'. watched the promo on tv.

so, two movies we must hook up for and go watch - The Rising and Sarkar.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 11:45 am

..would like to add one more to the list...."Paheli"....Curious to see Amol Palekar's first (?) directorial venture....i think that shd release next week....

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 12:26 pm

and one more - Parineeta, with the cutie Saif :lol:

AK

Postby AK » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 1:52 pm

hey any of you going for this?

www.templeoffinearts.org/sg/vvemail.htm

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 06 Jun 2005 2:58 pm

AK wrote:hey any of you going for this?

www.templeoffinearts.org/sg/vvemail.htm

seems interesting...might just land there.

sabrina, i'm going to OD on movies. so thats 4 'must watch' movies. and i still havent watched 'Black'! 'Parineeta' looks interesting too. whats Sunju baba doing there? lol

any of these releasing this coming weekend? if so, we can plan a movie outing. too many movies, my head is spinning.

havent watched 'star wars' or madagascar, and i missed 'Hotel Rwanda'. still kicking myself over that one.

Postby Guest » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:18 am

Hi,
I am an Indian female living in Singapore with my family for quite sometime. I'm looking for some friends for outings or chitchat. Anyone interested can email me.

angel :D

angel6bliss

Postby angel6bliss » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:23 am

My email is angel6bliss@yahoo.com

Happiness Forever,
angel6bliss :D

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 2:23 pm

Yes, wanna see those movies you guys mentioned too - is Rising out already? Isn't it strange that a whole bunch of historical movies are coming out at the same time? Dunno about Sarkar but Paheli, Parineeta and The Rising are set in the past...

Did you read today's paper that Saif's dad got arrested for shooting some rare breed of deer???

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 2:38 pm

Black is a MUST WATCH!!! The little girl's acting is fantastic!

and I'm sure you guys heard about the (Hollywood version)"Munnabhai MBBS" is in the making? Just can't quite imagine how it would be like... :roll:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 3:05 pm

lmao, hollywood version of Munnabhai, now that i will want to watch!

and whats with these movie stars shooting rare breeds! sheesh!

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Black Buck - Antilope cervicapra

Postby Indi.Lens » Tue, 07 Jun 2005 3:49 pm

Black bucks have traditionally been the hunting favorites of the Indian royalty. Black bucks are ideal prey to hunt atop a speeding vehicle or on a horse back since one can give them an adrenalin packed chase at around 50miles an hour in an scrub jungle in Punjab, Rajasthan, Haryana, Gujarat and central India. Its a great challenge to shoot down a running black buck that just doesn't keep one straight path but leaps and ducks while running. This makes it an excellent (sic) game to hunt for the expert hunters. The trophy of a male black buck's horn is a prized momento. These horns are usually ringed and spiral in a "V" at least thirty-three centimeters above the head.

Salman Khan fell victim to this lust of hunting a precious species and now it is the esrtwhile Nawab of Pataudi! One can understand from where Capt Pataudi comes from (afterall a former prince and old dirty habits die hard!!!) and is not a surprise he committed this heinous crime. The unfortuante thing is, these big wigs in society are not adequately punished.

Antilope cervicapra or black buck needs protection. They usually live only for 12yrs and max 16yrs! They are the main food source for their natural predators like the Indian wild dog (dholes)-Cuon alpinus. These Dholes are themselves endangered!! If we humans kill black bucks then we lose two important scrub living species!!!

The celebrities in India think they are the lords of the land! They need to be hunted down and jailed for such irresponsible behaviour.
Thou Art That