Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Thu, 26 May 2005 5:22 pm

Have a good trip Psych and yes, say hi to Mrs Psych for me too!

As for movies - I've yet to see a Govinda film, might be good for a laugh. I heard Hungama is funny - anyone seen that?

As for recent releases - Swades!!! My all time fave. Next is Veer-Zara but that is a Yash Chopra so it's laid on pretty thick...

In other news, Bunty aur Babli is starting this Friday - anyone wanna go see it - maybe Sunday afternoon?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 26 May 2005 9:14 pm

yes, yes, lets go for the sunday afternoon show. what time is that though? and who'll organise the tickets?

Indi.lens, metroguy, i just havent found time to check out the pics, although whatever i saw looks good. but havent been free enough to really check out the pics. i'll be relatively free by saturday evening, wait for my comments then :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Thu, 26 May 2005 9:21 pm

Hey Sapphire and Vidia,

I'm up for sunday afternoon movie. I can organise the tickets as I live closer to Bedok, if you guys can confirm the number by sat'day night.

Sapphire,

looking forward to your comments on the pics.. 8)
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

vidia
Regular
Regular

Bunty & Babli

Postby vidia » Fri, 27 May 2005 5:48 pm

Cool! There's a 3.30 and a 6.45 show at Bedok. I'd prefer 3.30 but either is fine by me.

Sapph - is your hubby up for it too?

Metroguy, don't think we've met yet, so hello!

Whichever showing we end up with, let's meet there 15 minutes before it starts? It's across the street from the Bedok MRT station.

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Fri, 27 May 2005 10:04 pm

Hi janta
Me's game for Bunty and Bubli....cant wait to watch Abhishek Bachhan.....drool, drool!! Would prefer the 3.30 pm show and I think we can get tickets if we just land up 15-20 min in advance, the theatre is quite empty anyway :P

Indilens, metroguy, Indico.....very nice pics indeed.....would be nice to take some tips from you guys on photography....

Toxic, Im not very sure where you can get Bandhni chunnis, but guess you can try Sheetal and Hanifa textiles ( both on Serangoon road, close to Little India MRT). Those are the only ones that come to my mind. There are also shops in tekka on the first floor, but Ive never really checked out what they have, so wouldnt know for sure whther they have Bandhni......no harm checking out anyway. Happy hunting!

People, kindly confirm the Bunty aur Bubli program by tomorrow!

Cheers!
One life - live it!

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Fri, 27 May 2005 11:15 pm

Hello Vidia,

Yeah, we are yet to meet. Hope to see you on sunday. 8) so 3:30pm show it is! good.

Ind babe,

you are right about the tickets. we can arrive 15-20 min before. Thanks for appreciating our photos. :wink:

seeya,

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 27 May 2005 11:32 pm

i just might land for it too, will call one of u and confirm. i guess one doesnt need to buy tickets in advance. right?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Fri, 27 May 2005 11:56 pm

right! :lol:

indico

Postby indico » Sat, 28 May 2005 4:13 am

guy!!! just came from a party.... its 4 AM ;)

i would love to meet you all together guys.. but.. i m afraid i dont understand
hindi much... do u thing i can understand the movie ?? but, then just to meet
you all i will turn up guys! so add me tooo for the bunty and bubli ...

--- indicco

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Sat, 28 May 2005 9:30 am

Hey Indico!

I'm sure they have english subtitles, if you are good at following subtitles. :wink:

Seeya,

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Sat, 28 May 2005 12:17 pm

Ok, people! at last I got sometime to scan the pics. Here they are! Enjoy!

http://in.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/venu4u ... 70&.src=ph

Do let me know how you find them! Please! :D

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Sat, 28 May 2005 2:57 pm

Metroguy, interesting pics. my vote goes to DSCN0149.

Cheers!
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 28 May 2005 5:39 pm

i checked out all the pics, and the one that appealed the most to me was Indi.lens' Cycle cruise. the colour contrast between the dark trees and the almost burnt out green grass just lends an oldworldly charm to the pic. not to miss a few people scattered here and there, i loved that pic.

maybe, i'm not that much of the nature pics type. those are lovely too, but cycle cruise in my opinion is way cool.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Sat, 28 May 2005 5:55 pm

Thanks Sapphire. The very idea to click the snap was to show the contrast of how blazing hot it was while the shade from trees offered some solace to the folk there.

Out of nowhere this kid just cruises down the burnt out grass unmindful of the heat!! While the people sought shelter in the shade, this little fella was happy in the sun. That triggered my mind and the finger on the shutter as well. It is indeed the contrast that I wanted to convey via this pic. Thanks for spotting the contrast !!

Have fun at the movies! Its gonna be another opportunity to shoot for me this weekend while the wife is touring :wink:
Thou Art That

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Sat, 28 May 2005 6:33 pm

Hi guys, sorry to be such a flake but turns out tomorrow's showings are 3 and 6.15 and 3 is just a little too tight for me. Since most of you prefer that time, I don't want to force you to switch to 6.15, so go ahead without me, and I'll just have to catch it another time! Yeah, can't wait to see this one too!