Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Shazers
Regular
Regular

hmm

Postby Shazers » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:06 am

hmmmm,

john yummy?......errr........ think he's got lots of airs if you know what i mean!!

Shazers
Allof us are in the gutters but some are looking at the stars!

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:55 pm

sapphire wrote:Righto, let's have a show of hands for:

Movie: Taxi No. 9211 (Starring Nana Patekar and John Abraham)

Date and venue: 4th March, Saturday, 6.55 pm show, Jade Cinema (Shaw Towers, 100 Beach Road, next to Bugis and Cityhall MRT).

All those who confirm, please reach before 6.25 pm, so we can buy tickets accordingly. Feel free to bring along anyone else you please.

I will be there ....!!!! See ya then.

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 2:44 pm

:lol: hey Shazers... don't know that Johnny has so much of air. Only saw him in Dhoom. Have my own personal preference when it comes to Bollywood hunk :lol: :lol: :lol:

So shall see you on Saturday then Shazers? :P

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 3:31 pm

Ok so that's Sabrina and Wolfie confirmed. Awaiting the ever elusive 'Mad's' confirmation.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 3:34 pm

Alright I'm in ;)

sapphire wrote:Ok so that's Sabrina and Wolfie confirmed. Awaiting the
ever elusive 'Mad's' confirmation.
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality -

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 3:36 pm

Ok, so that's Sabrina, Wolfie, Mad, yours truly + 1, anyone else? Haven't heard from Vidia yet, she might join us too.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Re: hmm

Postby mad » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 3:36 pm

Lots of airs :shock:

What's that suppose to mean?

Shazers wrote:hmmmm,

john yummy?......errr........ think he's got lots of airs if you know what i mean!!

Shazers
Allof us are in the gutters but some are looking at the stars!
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality -

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 3:54 pm

Not to diss Nana Patekar (I have no opinion on JA). But the movie sounds like a rip of a movie by Samuel L Jackson and Ben Affleck called Changing Lanes. But then the setting is quite different so the while the base story line is similar, the setup is quite different. I would have first thought Collateral! These two actually fit that mould. Nana as the taxi driver and Abraham as the killer. Vice versa is too cliched. :-)

Enjoy your movies.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 4:14 pm

Actually from the trailer it didn't seem to be anywhere close to what Changing Lanes was. More like Collateral, but not really. Anyway, if we girls get bored we'll just ogle at John. :wink:

samsin

hellu....

Postby samsin » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:18 pm

and then i saw a thread that talks about hindi movies...WoW!!!

hi everyone, i visit this forum occasionally to check out if anything is going on, wasn't expecting to see a plan for hindi movie......

havent meet any of you before but was wondering if you guys would be ok about letting new ppl to tag along for this taxi 9211 plan?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 8:52 am

Hi Samsin, everyone is welcome. So, you can join us, of course. :)

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:38 am

Hi people....
Long time no see, no hear from the veterans??
The movie looks very interesting, but unfortunately we will not be able to make it. Inlaws are in town and so am really busy these days. Maybe next weekend.
BTW, did anyone watch Rang De Basanti? I thought it was quite a decent movie, I liked the music.....quite catchy.. and I think the entire cast did a good job...That was really the last hindi movie I watched in a very long time :(
Also, does anyone watch Koffee with Karan on Star World on Sunday nights?? He does quite a good job n the conversations are quite interesting. There was one recently where he had Shobha De and Shabana Azmi as guests and I thought it was a real good show.

Anything else interesting happening??

Cheers!
One life - live it!

Shazers
Regular
Regular

u see

Postby Shazers » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:49 am

Ahem,

To fill in what I said about John having airs............. He is not bad looking, like he is tall and takes care of his body. But I think that when the choreographer in Dhoom said something along the line that he is ," ...devastatingly good looking" I really think that this comment of hers has gone to his head! And so he walks with an attitude that he is the best looking guy in the WHOLE WORLD! Come on John..Give it a rest will you!
Oh by the way, I am not a male and hence I am not JEALOUS in case you are wondering!!!

Shazers :wink:
(Got it Madwolfie and Mad?)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:59 am

Shazers, I think John is hanging on to every word uttered by you. In fact, I bet he is following this particualr thread to get your esteemed opinion so he can change his ways and meet with your approval.

JOHN, don't let down Shazers!

Shazers
Regular
Regular

Postby Shazers » Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:07 pm

Erm,

U see Sapphire that is just my general opinion on John! Nothing Personal! I was just commenting on Madwolfie and Mad regarding their comment!! And besides john would ne too busy with hiimself to follow this thread!!!! :D 8-)

Shazers,
All of us are in the gutters but some are looking at the stars! :D