Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Mon, 30 Jan 2006 11:48 am

Yeah, so far I think I will.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

gromit

Post by gromit » Wed, 22 Feb 2006 9:16 pm

Hey there folks!
Hope all's fine wif everyone! Mumbai was fantastic!! I LUV it!! honestly wud consider retiring there :wink:

ive been into kulfi making lately but have not been able to find the 'cone' like moulds that kulfi's are traditionally made from :???: its been driving me crazy coz nobody at mustafa knows what the hell im talking about!!! arggghhhh!!!!!!! :mad: anybody have got any bright ideas on where i cud get them? :oops:

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Kulfi

Post by Scorpion » Thu, 23 Feb 2006 3:49 am

Wow... yummy yummy hearing the name 'Kulfi' after a long time..

the plastic moulds are avail at mustafa an also in some shops around the HDB neighbourhood areas.

cheers
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 23 Feb 2006 9:43 am

Gromit, I have seen those cones in Mustafa as well. Their staff is not too helpful though. Glad to know you liked Bombay. :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

gromit

Post by gromit » Thu, 23 Feb 2006 9:16 pm

Hey guys, thanks so much for the advise!!!!! im gonna try mustaffa again tonight since they're open 24hours. hope i find them this time [-o<
yes u r right! awful service :x
THANKS A MILLION FOLKS! :wink:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 8:25 am

So, did you find the cones, Gromit?

Wolfie, this is for you. Want to watch Taxi No. 9211 this Friday?

I've read some good reviews, and its about a taxi driver in Mumbai, should be interesting. Starring Nana Patekar and John Abraham...

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Hey

Post by sabrina77 » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 9:51 am

Hey...I know its been ages since I posted on this site.... :(

How are all of you doing..?

Sapphire, would love to catch Taxi 9211, but can make it only on Sat or Sunday? Can we do it then?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 9:54 am

Hiya Sab, long time indeed. Yep, I guess we can plan for the weekend. I saw the trailer and don't want to miss it. Will sms you and let you know then. Say hi to Indi. :)

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:03 am

Super ! I've been wanting to see that movie too. Will wait for your sms.

Indi is in Bangalore right now, busy with his research....! Will tell him you said hi.

Ciao !

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mad » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:08 am

Heard it's a nice movie, count me in if it's on the weekend :P

Haven't seen you guys for long, good chance to catch up ;)

cheers
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality -

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:16 am

Finally Sapphire... you remember me!!! *howwlllllsss*

Nana Patekar is good and John Abraham, he's Mmmmmm :P

So would it be Friday or Saturday? I'm very free these days you know? :lol: For me, any timing is alright.

So just let me know when it is all firmed up. :D

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:35 am

Cool! The tribe is growing. Wolfie, John maybe yummy but his acting skills leave a lot to be desired, hope he redeems himself in this one.

Is Jade ok with everybody? I have never been there, is it as big a hall as Bedok? If so, then we don't need to buy tickets in advance. Also, Saturday or Sunday? 6.55 or 9.20 pm show? I think the timings are subject to change per day.

Anyone also interested in watching Brokeback Mountain? Maybe, coming Tuesday? Mr. Sapphire refuses to watch it! :(

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Post by madwolfie » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:42 am

sapphire wrote:Cool! The tribe is growing. Wolfie, John maybe yummy but his acting skills leave a lot to be desired, hope he redeems himself in this one.

Is Jade ok with everybody? I have never been there, is it as big a hall as Bedok? If so, then we don't need to buy tickets in advance. Also, Saturday or Sunday? 6.55 or 9.20 pm show? I think the timings are subject to change per day.

Anyone also interested in watching Brokeback Mountain? Maybe, coming Tuesday? Mr. Sapphire refuses to watch it! :(
See Sapphire... that's why I mentioned Nana is good and Johnny boy Mmmm... :P

Jade's ok, its at Beach Road right? Its not exactly that big, depending on which cinema hall it is screening at though...

Oops, though I'm very free, I can't make it for this Sunday :)

I have DVD for Brokeback Mountain... we could watch it at your place and make Mr Sapphire watch it while drinking? :P

:P :P :P

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:50 am

sapphire wrote:Cool! The tribe is growing. Wolfie, John maybe yummy but his acting skills leave a lot to be desired, hope he redeems himself in this one.

Jade is fine...Been there to watch Rang de..its not as big as Bedok, but I still don't think advance booking is required, as long as we buy the tickets atleast 15 min before the show. The earlier show time is preferable for me. Sat or Sun...either day is fine with me.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 01 Mar 2006 11:05 am

Righto, let's have a show of hands for:

Movie: Taxi No. 9211 (Starring Nana Patekar and John Abraham)

Date and venue: 4th March, Saturday, 6.55 pm show, Jade Cinema (Shaw Towers, 100 Beach Road, next to Bugis and Cityhall MRT).

All those who confirm, please reach before 6.25 pm, so we can buy tickets accordingly. Feel free to bring along anyone else you please.