Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:18 pm

Hello All,

Trust the Deepavali was good here. I returned back after weeks of holidays (3 weeks). I ate, drank, ate some more, drank even more, ate pav bhaji, bhel puri, dahi poori, dosa, idly, wada, peserettu, uthuppam, misal pav, wada pavs (by the dozens), usal pav, methi roti, hyderabadi biryani, khurbani ka meetha, peda, mishti etc. etc. etc. So in the end I came back 4 kilos heavier. HOORAY! and I feel heavy and the need to hit the gym is so high, that I have not yet reconciled that I need to actually go for it.

Since its been a while we had a gathering! how about a pot-luck dinner at my place? 3rd December 2005, Saturday sound ok for you all? Let me know

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:20 pm

You lucky people!

Anyway, so far, 3rd sounds fine to me.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

People people

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:55 pm

gosh :evil: i am still wt'g for my dec'holidays

:roll:
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

super

whoa

Postby super » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 2:24 pm

excited to land in singapore soon........heard its like a big garden....and now this message board with parties being planned by indians......whoa....

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

welcome

Postby Scorpion » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 2:49 pm

super wrote:excited to land in singapore soon........heard its like a big garden....and now this message board with parties being planned by indians......whoa....

Welcome super!! :lol: , ofcourse singapore is the cruise hub of Asia-Pacific.

So where are you from ? :)

cheers
When u Need Someone to Be Beside u And No One Is Around Just Gaze Up In The Sky,u Might Not See Me But Be Sure That We r Under The Same Sky,I wl'd Never B 2 Far....

super

:-)

Postby super » Tue, 15 Nov 2005 4:52 pm

thanks for responding.....me indian....currently vacationing in Taipei...landing in Singapore early dec on work.....

excited to see a country which, i hear, is all neat, tidy, and has hell of a lot of spots to hang out in......

:-) :-) hope to meet some of you soon.....do write in whatever your suggestions may be for a new comer.....

cheerio

Minkcoat
Chatter
Chatter

Annalakshmi Dinner 19NOV'05

Postby Minkcoat » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:57 am

Hi ALL!

I've met some of you fun & friendly folks @WNDC's events - thought this might interest you to join us for dinner this coming SAT, 19NOV05 7.30pm.

A group of us (approx. 12 pax) plan to dine @Annalakshmi restaurant located at 2nd level, Excelsior Hotel followed by music & dancing @Clarke Quay thereafter.

Should anyone here like to join us in our merry making :???: - do PM me! :)

D_Man, Madwolfie - c ya guyz soon!

MinkCoat :)
SMILE - it makes pple wonder what U've been up to!~

Scorpion
Editor
Editor

Dinner

Postby Scorpion » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 1:07 am

halo minkcoat, am already in the dinner list :lol: but d'nt knw it was 12+ pax well it shld be a good gathering.

so c'ya all there. :cool:

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:18 am

No bowing out there Scorpion... even if there might be strange noises... :lol:

I'll ring the Ghostbusters! :P

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 10:59 am

one of the few topics to reach 100 pages...Bravo Bravo..claps..claps..cheers and whistles...
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 11:02 am

I dont know about the rest of you but do you think its a wise idea to eat GREAT food at Annalakshmi and then go DANCING! :) :shock:

Saying that I would love to have some good food on a Saturday. You only live once and I will become comatose after over indulging and gaining additional kilo. What the heck! count me in for the dinner.

Rose_YG
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rose_YG » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:41 pm

guruvishwanath wrote:I dont know about the rest of you but do you think its a wise idea to eat GREAT food at Annalakshmi and then go DANCING! :) :shock:

Saying that I would love to have some good food on a Saturday. You only live once and I will become comatose after over indulging and gaining additional kilo. What the heck! count me in for the dinner.

non indians invited? :D

am a food lover.. likes the masalah thosai,vadai and all...
"Every day is Christmas and every night is new year's eve... "

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:51 pm

guruvishwanath & Rose.... [scribbling down the names on her notepad]

Added!!! Shall pm you my mobile no. just in case. :)

madwolfie
Manager
Manager

Postby madwolfie » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:59 pm

By the way... am just the "co-pilot" of this outing. :) [sits right next to minkcoat] :cool:

Rose_YG
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rose_YG » Wed, 16 Nov 2005 1:08 pm

receive your pm maddie! Looking forward to asian food... .. trying to get used to eating spicy food !! :lol:

nandri!
"Every day is Christmas and every night is new year's eve... "