Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 8:47 pm

Shirlin, quite an interesting way of losing weight...I mean I shd be trying it too..but I rather eat & be fat than cook & be thin...

hey guys, does anyone want recipe for Alu Capsicum too???

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 9:28 pm

Yes please! Still waiting for Sapph, Sab and Ind B to post theirs!

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 9:52 pm

megha wrote:Shirlin, quite an interesting way of losing weight...I mean I shd be trying it too..but I rather eat & be fat than cook & be thin...

hey guys, does anyone want recipe for Alu Capsicum too???

Sure....I would love to learn how to cook indian food.....n I have no idea how to cook even one dish....so pls teach me......I just love it....thnks....
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 8:15 am

I'll post the recipe as soon as I know how much chicken exactly, seriously I cook using approximation, can't quantify with teaspoon, tablespoon etc. I don't even know how much chicken I used! Only positive so far is that its easy to cook, takes time but easy it is.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Birthday Wishes

Postby Indi.Lens » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 8:52 am

Hi Psy

Many happy returns of the day! Have a great birthday.

Cheers

Indi.Lens and Sabrina
Thou Art That

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 9:17 am

Wish you a wonderful and memorable Birthday Psy! Guess you are celebrating it with lots of smiles in the city of smiles :D
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:37 pm

Hi everyone!
Had a great time on Sat. Thanks for the wonderful food and thanks to Sab and Indi for wonderful hosting!
Psy Many happy returns of the day, hope u n Aqua have a blast!!
Shirllin n Vidia, Illl post the recipe for Rajma as well, but need some time... Cooking food is one thing, putting it down on paper is quite another :) I love the first, like Shirllin, its therapy for me (it has never helped me lose weight though)...........
And yes, Megha, Id like to have the Aaloo Capsicum recipe as well. Hope you are not as lazy as Sapph or I am :wink:
One life - live it!

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 1:16 pm

I am sending the recipe...I too normally dont measure while cooking, but i dont think this recipe can go too wrong. The non Indians may have to invest on some Indian spices though....

(for approx 3-4 people- moderate portions)

Ingredients:

2 Onions (cut lenghwise)
2 Tomatoes (cut lenghwise)
2 potatoes (cut lenghwise)
1 capsicum (cut lenghwise)
3-4 greenchilles
1 tbsp chopped ginger and garlic or ginger garlic paste
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
2-3 tbsp oil
salt to taste

Put oil preferably in a nonstick dish and saute onions till pink, add greenchillies, garlic and ginger and put all the dry spices, stir well. Add tomatoes, cover and keep on low flame for a 3-4 minutes. Add potatoes and salt & stir and cover and keep on low flame. When potatoes are half cooked, add the capsicum and let it cook till done. keep stirring so that it doesnt stick to the bottom. can garnish with coriander leaves.

So guys please make as it is so easy and now u know why I chose to make this.....

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 1:37 pm

Dear Psy,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY & MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE~!!!!! :D

God Bless,
Shirllin

Dear Megha,

Thnks for the recipe....will try it soon

Regards,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."

"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 3:58 pm

Oops, I forgot, Happy Birthday Psy! I bet he isn't going to log on to read all our messages.

Megha, I make Aloo capsicum the same way, except that I put fenugreek seeds in the oil first, and no garam masala. I think its a more U.P. thing, fenugreek seeds that is. Punjabis are more into jeera, right?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

stefania
Chatter
Chatter

Postby stefania » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 9:44 pm

sapphire wrote:I think its a more U.P. thing, fenugreek seeds that is. Punjabis are more into jeera, right?

Yeppers. :D

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 10:39 pm

Happy Birthday Psy,

Have lots of fun :)

cheers
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality -

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:09 pm

stefania wrote:
sapphire wrote:I think its a more U.P. thing, fenugreek seeds that is. Punjabis are more into jeera, right?

Yeppers. :D

Don't tell me you like cooking as well Stefania?? :o

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:39 pm

Hahahaha....

If there is enough people who loves cooking we could have a gathering where a few of us come together and cook while learning from each other while the rest stay outside and wait to eat..... :wink: .....LOL.....as though we live to eat.....

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 21 Sep 2005 8:39 am

I'm all for - Rest stay outside waiting to eat! To cook is the most depressing job on earth! I'm going to make sure the next potluck is at my place so I get to cook rice. :D
In fact, that's the rule as of now, the host gets to make rice, that's all. Hope everyone agrees...