Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 6:53 pm

Dear Guru,

Wow...u saw preity drunk? Lucky u....Must be some kind of a sight....I wish I could also get a glimpse on that too...:shock:

Regards,
Shirllin

Dear All,

Well....I was planning of buying three loaves of french bread for the garlic bread.....is that enough for fifteen people? If anyone would like to bring tosai, roti prata or something feel free to....

Regards,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 7:04 pm

Sabrina did say she'll make some rice pulao, we should be good. Anyway, the idea is to meet and not hog like pigs. :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:52 pm

Dear All,

Great meeting all of u....I was busy in the kitchen most of the time n did not have the chance to interact with all of u hopefully we could the next time....glad that most of u like my food though I have prepared too much....now I have to spend most of the following week finishing them up.... :(

Sabrina....Thnks a lot for allowing me to use the kitchen and for the food....sorry I was not able to stay back to help u in the kitchen in cleaning up the mess.....

Sapphire.....Great chicken dish u have made.....seriously anyone wants the recipe of the the stuff I made? If so....I would also like to have everyone's recipe too(just to bring with me to China)... :D

Looking forward for the next gathering...take care

God Bless,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."

"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 1:57 pm

Sabrina and Indi Lens - thanks so much for opening up your lovely home last night. And thanks to all the cool women who made such great food - please please please post recipes! Had a blast and nice to finally meet Shirrlin, Guru, Chris, and Megha and family!

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 9:24 pm

Good to meet all of u...good company & good food in a beautiful house....and special thanks to everyone for not only having patience with Diva but actually playing with her....

tangerika
Regular
Regular

Postby tangerika » Sun, 18 Sep 2005 9:54 pm

Great people & delicious food!
... and cute Diva that brought me back to my age of 3 (as I was told! :D )
thanks for it, all! :)

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 11:04 am

It was indeed our pleasure to host the pot luck at our place and it was really great that you could come for it.

Shirllin - thanks again for the wonderful feast !...the garlic bread and the tiramisu were super !

Ind-Babe - the rajma was good...am still enjoying it :wink:

Megha - you were the only person to make the right quantity .......your aloo capsicum was so good that everybody just hogged on it and finished it ! And, your adorable little one entertained all of us. :D

Sapphire - unfortunately can't say much abt your chicken, but Indi tells me it was great !

Metro - thanks so much for the beer, wine, paratha and the disposable ware...very thoughtful of you for bringing it along. I also hope that you've told your people back home to remove "drishti" for Vansh !!!! :) He's really very cute.

Vidia, Tangerika and Guru - thanks to you, we had a lovely assortment of drinks - white wine, red wine, soft drinks and champagne !

In a nutshell, we had a wonderful time and would love to do it again :D :D (I can't beleive I'm saying this !!! :roll: )

Indi will probably mail the photos of the potluck to all of ya.

Have a great week !

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:44 pm

Hi friends

Thanks for a wonderful evening. Hope you all had fun. Have sent you all some pics that were randomly shot.

Cheers!
Thou Art That

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:59 pm

Sab & Indi: Wonderful party. had a great time. Thanks so much for hosting us. yeah Vansh got cleared of "Dhrishti". lol.

Guru: Thanks for the champagne.

Vidia: Thanks for the Rotis.

Tangerika, Chris, Shirlin: Nice meeting you. Shirlin's Garlic bread & Tiramisu made my day. Thanks a lot.

Megha & Hubby: Thanks for the lift. Diva is as cute as ever.

Sappire & Hubby, Ind Babe & Hubby: Great food..great company.. can't wait for the next pot luck.
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 2:49 pm

I'll keep it short, was fun meeting all of you, won't forget little Diva's "oops" when she dropped her cellphone. Shirllin, yes absolutely post the recipes. I promise to try them some day. I suck at putting down recipes on paper, will try though. Indi, Sab...had a lovely time. All of you, thanks again. :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 4:23 pm

HI ALL~!!!

Two votes for the recipes and here it goes....

Tiramisu: For 1 Ice-cream box as u see at the pot luck....maybe a little extra

Ingredients:
Mascarpone Cheese 500g
Whip Cream 200ml (Your preference...not creamy not that fattening)
Eggs 5(Every 100g of cheese 1 egg)
Fine Sugar 5 levelled table spoon (Every 100g of cheese 1 levelled table spoon depending on your taste)
Rum, XO best if it is a Cognac abt 3 table spoons
Lady Fingers 1 packet
Coffee powder(I used Mocha for the chocolate taste)
Cocoa Powder

Instructions:
1. Separate the eggwhite and yolks
2. Add in the sugar into the yolks and beat it till creamy white
3. Slowly add in the cheese and beat till evenly.....if u r adding cream.....beat the cream till light and add in the mixture beat till even
4. Beat the egg white separately till it is light and foamy
5. Add in the egg white to the entire mixture and beat it till evenly
6. Add in the alcohol(depending on your taste type and quantity varies) and beat till evenly
7. Mix the coffee powder and dip the lady fingers in the coffee for a few seconds
8. Put the lady fingers on to the base of the container till the whole base is covered
9. Pour the mixture onto the container till it reaches half
10. Put another layer of the lady fingers and pour the rest of the mixture
11. Put the cocoa powder on top of the mixture covering it
12. Lastly, put in the refrigerator to set....takes abt 6-8 hrs

The cheese and lady fingers can be bought in Cold Storage.....500g is about 10 dollars and a packet of lady fingers from the biscuit section is about 4-6 dollars enough for two servings.....
Last edited by shirllin on Mon, 19 Sep 2005 4:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 4:32 pm

Garlic Spread:

Ingredients:
Garlic 1 1/2
Parsley(Amt-your preference...)
Herbs 2 table spoon
Unsalted Butter 250gm

Instructions:
1. Chop the garlic till very fine(don't blend otherwise the garlic will be too strong)
2. Chop the parsley till very fine
3. Add in everything and mix well.................DONE~!!!

Herbs....I got the herbs from cold storage comes in a bottle.....italian style....

Bread topping:
Alfafa sprouts
Carrots
Lime

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 4:36 pm

Now I know why you were up till 3 am and why I have never tried to make tiramisu at home!! Shirllin, you are one crazy woman!
Have saved the recipe, thanks, although looks like I'll never ever get down to making it at home.
Why does anyone like cooking will remain a mystery to me till the day I die!

Ok give me some time, I shall post the recipe too. Too lazy today.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 4:46 pm

Dear Sapphire,

Okie....let me tell u my part of the story.....I was 75kg at one point of time.....and I have lost quite a bit since then.....right?

Something about cooking is that I get to see my creations and I am happy when people like it......by just making them makes me feel full already so it is kinda like a therapy for me.....so pls do support me in losing more weight by eating more of my stuff okie? :wink:

God Bless,
Shirllin

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 19 Sep 2005 4:55 pm

Lol, I don't know what you looked like back then, but you look like a doll now, so you can afford to get a little sinful here and there.
Cooking being therapeutic is another one of life's mysteries to me, and will continue to be so.