Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:17 am

Welcome back metroguy! Hope you had a great time back home. When do we get to see the little one?

Shirllin, yeah was cool to see him, although I've seen him before from a distance in Bombay. His wife is pretty cute too, total doll.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

prema

hi juri

Postby prema » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 1:05 am

hey hi juri i m a singapore indian gal........how have u bin where r u from hows singapore bin to u

cheers :lol:

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 1:00 pm

Hey Guys...I'm back. Had a good time in Bangalore, though it was more of work than play :( Nevertheless, it was great to be back home even if for a couple of days.

Metroguy...welcome back..and sure will count you in. Do carry lots of photo's of your little one..!

Have e-mailed our home address and directions to all you guys. If I have inadvertantly missed out any of you, just let me know.

Ind Babe - I need your mail id as well.

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 1:01 pm

sapphire wrote:Welcome back metroguy! Hope you had a great time back home. When do we get to see the little one?

Thanks Sapphire! yeah, had a fantastic time. I'll bring some snaps on 17th, they will be back in sg, by november 1st week.
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 1:05 pm

sabrina77 wrote:Metroguy...welcome back..and sure will count you in. Do carry lots of photo's of your little one..!

Thanks Sab. sure thing.

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 2:18 pm

Hey Metro,
Welcome back...how's the little one doing?? Have you thought of names yet or has the naming happened already?? Do let me know if you need help with names, Ive been working on names quite a bit lately, what with babies coming up all around me :lol: And mirchi bajji sounds great,, but is it you who's gonna make it, uummm.... :shock:

Saphh, that was cool...Ive hardly seen any movie stars or celebrities here. Hubby saw Wasim Akram a while ago at Changi airport and he went all gaga (he's a cricket freak)...but thats about it!
I used to see a few of them in Delhi .... I used to stay pretty close to the Film CIty in NOIDA and also when I was working in Bangalore......but its been quite sometime since I saw some celebrity up close....good for you! And you are right, Hrithik's wife is really nice, simple and smart.

Sab, just PMed you my email.....see you guys on Sat...
One life - live it!

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 2:38 pm

Hi Ind Babe,

Thanks. :D yeah, the naming ceremony is over. we named him 'Vansh' after my fav restaurant in sg.lol. was pretty hard to convince oldies as they were not familiar with this name. guess its common in north, not so in south.

don't worry.. I'm not gonna make the bajjis, I'll order from a restaurant. :wink:

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 2:42 pm

hey metroguy, welcome back,

Sapphire, lucky you to see hrithik, my daughter adores him, she is 3 and she has already seen Koi Mil Gaya 300 times, actually that's the only Hindi movie she has seen and though she doesnt know a word of Hindi, she wants to watch Rohit & jaadu all the time...

I got the address, any time fixed???

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 2:45 pm

Hi,

Thought I did mention somewhere about the timing :roll:

Between 6.30 p.m and 7 p.m ok to all..?

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 3:29 pm

Thanks Megha. see you, your hubby and your little one on sat. :D

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 3:46 pm

Sabrina, 7 pm sounds good, would you like me to get anything else?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 3:55 pm

7 p.m it is then !

Sapphire...thanks for the offer.

I keep getting the feeling that we're missing roti's !!!! We've got enough sabzi's...and rice...and dessert. What do you think..??

and Metro...need to borrow some of your old Hindi movies...would love to watch them again.

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 4:16 pm

hooray for good food!

welcome back! metroguy! congrats pops! vansh is a solid, good and strong name.

couple of months ago, when I was at KM8 (Sentosa) I saw priety zinta. She looked so ordinary. And of course, she was drunk as a skunk. :shock: the horror! actually she was quite nice considering her boyfriend or friend or whoever it was dropped his vodka glass on my feet. I introduced her as a 'bonafied bollywood starlet' to the total amusement of some of my french friends. It was funny.

Funny you should mention Wasim Akram. He is living here. First time I saw him was at Post Bar in July. Smoking a cigar, talking on the phone and generally ignored by the world. :lol:

SATURDAyyyyy..... is a good day!

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 4:28 pm

Sab, I'll try to bring whatever movies I can on sat,

Thanks Guru.

Don't know whether its worth mentioning. saw Kamal Hassan and Gautami on Orchard Road about 6 months back. for the first time I wished I was a member of paparazzi. :wink:

they were enjoying their coffee and I didn't wanna disturb them, though I did. just took their autograph and left them alone.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 15 Sep 2005 5:46 pm

Sabrina, rotis would have been good, but I think Shirllin is getting some garlic bread, should suffice, won't you say?

Preity looks ordinary eh? What did you expect? Horns on her head? :lol: